Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2007 16' Bambi
Reno , Nevada
A/V Wires found

This is a great thread. Based on your advise I was able to find the A/V wires in the bedroom on my 16' 2007 Bambi CCD. My bambi only has two outlets, a standard AC plug and a combined 12V, coax, antenna booster outlet. I found the prewired A/V above the combined 12V , Coax Plug wrapped in tape.

I also tore into the Stereo console and added the ground loop back to eleminate the cd feedback. I had the Audio upgrade not the Video upgrade which included (Sony CDX-a251C head unit and AX-300). I ditched the CD changer for something more modern.

Here are links to the manuals for the sony AX -300
http://www.xplodsony.com/files/manua...ers_Manual.pdf
and the Sony CDX-a251C
http://www.manualshark.org/manualsha...4/pdf_2366.pdf

So now my question is - what is the best way to cut a hole in the
Aluminum wall so I can attach an A/V outlet? (What type of tool works best for cutting into the wall?)

Thanks
D
DandB^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:21 PM   #22
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
On the 25' SS the cables in the arm rest of the streetside of the sofa are in fact power and RCA to the stereo for a sub. I installed an aftermarket bazooka and it works great.

From what I understand the AV cables for the TV are in the fridge compartment on the 25' SS.

It's in the location on the Bambi because that I think is around where the TV is installed. On the 25' SS it is typically installed on the fridge wall facing the dinette.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:39 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2007 28' International CCD
2009 27' FB International
Garland , Texas
Chris, thanks for the awesome lead to this thread, posts, and pictures. Looks like you saved me atleast a day here. I am mounting a 19" Samsung LCD in our bedroom today. You have taken a good deal of fear out of it.

George
geogeczy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 01:20 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
No problem! I'm glad that it worked for you.
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

Fond du Lac , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogeczy
\ I am mounting a 19" Samsung LCD in our bedroom today. \

George
George: Please post a picture when you get yours done. I like the 19" Samsung and may need to add one in our bedroom. What kind of hardware are you using. Thanks.

Changing the World One Child at a Time
www.compassion.com

hookedonclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Marshall , Virginia
Bringing up an old but usefull thread here...

I'm trying to find where my av rca wire ends up in my '05 International CCD 25'.

Some have said here that it is in the wall between the fridge and the dinette. Anyone know where exactly? If you got the av video upgrade where did they put the outlet for the rca jacks?

I have an AC recepticle and a cable outlet in the cabinet above the dinette (see attached "crappy" pic). I pulled both of those out and found a flat three wire back there but could not find the end of it. It was tight in either direction...seemed to be running from back to front. It looks like the same wire that ends up back at the stereo.

Has anyone found their wires in one of these models? Not sure if I want to just cut a hole and hope I find it you know? I also looked into the outside access for the refrigerator but could see no sign of it there either.

Thanks,
Dean
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	av.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	65043  
mountainboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:21 PM   #27
1 Rivet Member

Marshall , Virginia
Btt
Old 08-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #28
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Unfortunately for you, it's probably between the fridge on the bulkhead wall.
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member

Marshall , Virginia
Yeah I think you are right based on other's comments. I'd be interested to find out where the wires come out of that fridge wall for someone who has a 25' international with the AV updgrade.

It looks like it would require cutting a hole in the wall to find the wires....wouldn't want to cut it in the wrong spot.

I am actually thinking though of cutting the wire were it comes through behind the plug and cable outlet in my overhead storage bin. I think I have enough slack on it to cut it and attach new RCA plugs on the end and get it into a rca outlet there. It would avoid me having to cut an exploritory hole in the refrigerator wall. All my other TV wires are up there anyway.

I'm almost certain that the wire back there is the same one that goes to the stereo. I can't think of where another RCA type flat three wire would be going?

Worse case I could put it back together I guess.

I attached a closer pic showing it. You can also see what I think is the other two wire RCA cable back behind it.

Dean
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	oh-cab.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	65180  
Old 08-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #30
1 Rivet Member

Marshall , Virginia
Here's an update:

I went ahead and cut the wire and it was in fact the left, right, & video wire going back to the stereo. I added plugs to the cut left and right wires and had enough cable to get them into the back of an rca coupler plate.

I replaced the single coax cable plate that was in there with a three way rca coupler plate. I didn't bother with the video (yellow) wire...I swapped that jack out for a coax coupler and connected the existing Wineguard antenna wire to it and put it all back together.

My problem now is that the Sony cdx f5000 stereo apparently won't accept an Aux input without another piece of equipment (read about this in another thread). It has aux bus inputs on the back but I can't get it to work.

Anyway I have attached a pic of the finished product.

I am going to cut a small hole in the back corner of the bottom of the overhead storage cabinet to neatly run the wires down to the TV without having to come out of the front sliding door.

Also....I did find the other rca cable under the couch on the street side with the other sub wires...as suggested earlier in this thread.

Dean
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rca-plugs.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	65486  
Old 08-11-2008, 03:37 PM   #31
Hondo was a great cat

2005 28' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy View Post
Here's an update:

My problem now is that the Sony cdx f5000 stereo apparently won't accept an Aux input without another piece of equipment (read about this in another thread). It has aux bus inputs on the back but I can't get it to work.

Also....I did find the other rca cable under the couch on the street side with the other sub wires...as suggested earlier in this thread.

Dean
I am involved in the same kind of project. I decided to change out the Sony with a Clarion, it will have an auxilliary, iPod and HD radio. The wiring is a bit of a nightmare. I have two sets of RCA, one is obvioulsy for video, red, black and yellow and the other is for a sub woofer. I dont know where the sub woofer ends up but I think it is near the table.

I will add some pics later.

Thanks for your research and development.

Aunt Gladys, 28FT, Intl'
"Man, it's hot here, is the heat on?"
jnerges is offline   Reply With Quote