Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
Denham Springs , Louisiana
Will Sealand toilet fit here?

I am having trouble finding a ball valve for my Thetford Galaxy 40, so I am wondering if a Sealand or similar china bowl toilet will fit into my exsisting space without modification. Does anyone have any experience here? I have a 1970 Sovereign. See attached pics. I would like to be able to keep the fold down toilet cover.
Here are some measurements: The underside of the cover is 17.5 inches from the floor. I could raise it about an inch. The hole for the toilet is 12" from the back of the space, 8.5" from the sides, and about 9" from the front of the cover. Hopefully someone has done this before and can help. The alternative is to help me find the ball valve for the toilet. The original part number is 02777. I ordered it from PPL motor homes, they assured me they had it yet sent the wrong one.
Thanks,
Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0010.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	29560  
gparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
probably - if you visit PPl motrohomes website - they have specs for toilet models online - including very detailed measurements. Sealand makes more than one model so check carefully.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
My Sealand toilet is in a very tight spot between the wheel well and the wall and it fits fine. If you need me to take measurements let me know and I can do so. If you want a look go to the vintage airstreams website and under 1951 Flying Clouds it is folder number 2. There's a picture of the bathroom there.

Barry
safari57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Colorado Springs , Colorado
barely on 1969 LY

I went with sealand light and it fit, but not much spare room. My space appears similar to your picture. I had the closet on the right removed in that I am doing a full monte. Good luck I am really happy with the quality of the sealand 211 (I think).
Deano69LY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
Denham Springs , Louisiana
I appreciate the feedback. I was able to modify a part from thetford to fit my toilet, so I think it will work for a while longer. Meanwhile, I am keeping my eye out for those forum members who have similar year models an dhave put in sealands.
Thanks, Greg
gparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:50 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1969 21' Globetrotter
Gilroy , California
Sealand lite fits tight spaces well

As coincidence would have it, I just came in for a cup of coffee before going out to finish the installation of a Sealand Lite in my '69 Globetrotter. It's a tight space, and you have to be a contortionist to to make all the connections, but it does fit in a very tight space. The critical measurement is a minimum of 11" from the center of the drain hole to the back wall. If you have that, it will fit. You may, by the way, need to also get the Sealand Universal mounting kit if your present floor flange is a two bolt model - as most of them are.

Good luck!
dickwhite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #7
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
My Sealand toilet is in a very tight spot between the wheel well and the wall and it fits fine. If you need me to take measurements let me know and I can do so. If you want a look go to the vintage airstreams website and under 1951 Flying Clouds it is folder number 2. There's a picture of the bathroom there.

Barry
A VERY appropriate naming job for your toilet folder!!!!!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote