Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-04-2018, 04:50 PM   #101
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post
Well stated ...
Yep...It would be nice if it didn't leak all over the cr&p stuff inside. 😂😂

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 12-05-2018, 07:54 PM   #102
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Yep...It would be nice if it didn't leak all over the cr&p stuff inside. [emoji23][emoji23]

Bob

[emoji631]

My trailer doesn’t leak.....

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:12 PM   #103
1 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Keene , New York
Just skimmed this thread, thinking I was going to hear people complaining about Airstream's shoddy workmanship. I may have missed it, or maybe I'm the only one who is disappointed every time I look close at my 2018 22FB? I've not seen an issue with the skin, but everything(?) else is ho-hum.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not disappointed in HER. It's the folks who didn't love her enough while they were building her. She deserves more.

Latest example was just a few days ago. I was clearing out under the kitchen sink in prep for replacing the standard sink and faucet (anybody want to make me an offer?) with a far more practical product. I'll be darned if I didn't see an angle bracket screwed to the inside wall of the cabinet, at a weird angle, and not attached anywhere else. Presumably it was intended to also be screwed to the floor?

From all appearances, whoever screwed up screwing in the bracket decided it wasn't worth the effort to reposition it and finish the job. At least he/she saved me the effort of having to remove 4 screws. But I did have to find 2 more screws from my spare parts inventory before I could finish the job myself.

Strangely, the "love/hate" warning I was given before I bought her has turned out to be true. Love how she looks. Love being wrapped up in the comfort of her curvaceous embrace. Hate her creators for allowing her to leave the factory with so many unnecessary blemishes.

As for the future of American workmanship, you may be surprised to hear that I'm an eternal optimist. The times they are changing. And for the better. At the risk of revealing my age, I highly recommend you read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance". I reread it every time we're on the road enjoying another adventure. There is no philosophy quite so beautiful as the metaphysics of quality.
randmscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:39 PM   #104
ProPride Industries, Inc.
Commercial Member

Holly , MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by randmscooter View Post
I highly recommend you read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance". I reread it every time we're on the road enjoying another adventure. There is no philosophy quite so beautiful as the metaphysics of quality.

Couldn't agree more with this book recommendation! It's excellent!

-
Tu ne cede malis
Sean Woodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:15 AM   #105
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by randmscooter View Post
Just skimmed this thread, thinking I was going to hear people complaining about Airstream's shoddy workmanship. I may have missed it, or maybe I'm the only one who is disappointed every time I look close at my 2018 22FB? I've not seen an issue with the skin, but everything(?) else is ho-hum.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not disappointed in HER. It's the folks who didn't love her enough while they were building her. She deserves more.

Latest example was just a few days ago. I was clearing out under the kitchen sink in prep for replacing the standard sink and faucet (anybody want to make me an offer?) with a far more practical product. I'll be darned if I didn't see an angle bracket screwed to the inside wall of the cabinet, at a weird angle, and not attached anywhere else. Presumably it was intended to also be screwed to the floor?

From all appearances, whoever screwed up screwing in the bracket decided it wasn't worth the effort to reposition it and finish the job. At least he/she saved me the effort of having to remove 4 screws. But I did have to find 2 more screws from my spare parts inventory before I could finish the job myself.

Strangely, the "love/hate" warning I was given before I bought her has turned out to be true. Love how she looks. Love being wrapped up in the comfort of her curvaceous embrace. Hate her creators for allowing her to leave the factory with so many unnecessary blemishes.

As for the future of American workmanship, you may be surprised to hear that I'm an eternal optimist. The times they are changing. And for the better. At the risk of revealing my age, I highly recommend you read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance". I reread it every time we're on the road enjoying another adventure. There is no philosophy quite so beautiful as the metaphysics of quality.
Hi randmscooter,

Congratulations on your new Airstream and we're very sorry to learn about the issues you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

Thank you.*