Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Running Gear - Axles, Brakes, Wheels & Tires > Tires
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-05-2021, 09:38 PM   #161

2018 27' Globetrotter
Pomona , California
I have the TST Monitoring System and have loved it. But... I have lost the tool. I always keep it in one place.... until apparently I didn't. I am supposed to get on the road in two days so ordering online is not an option. I am wondering if you know where I might drive to in person to get one? Are they unique to the system I bought? Is there another tool that works? I hooked up the monitor today so I will check and see what it reads. I'm hoping that maybe the pressure is ok to at least get me in to the LA Airstream where maybe they can help. Any thoughts? Thank you!
ElisaMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:16 PM   #162
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
If you mean the allen wrench that comes with it is “the tool” then allen wrenches of all sizes are easy to find in hardware stores (apologize for tortured syntax). They come in sets of all sizes. Mine have an allen screw that holds the sensor to the valve stem.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:46 PM   #163

2018 27' Globetrotter
Pomona , California
Thanks. There is a tool that comes with it. But it's not an allen wrench on mine. It looks like a regular wrench with another pair of grabbers underneath the wrench part.... I don't know how to describe it... That sounded ridiculous. But short answer, it's different than an allen wrench.
ElisaMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:18 PM   #164
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Sounds like a more complicated tool costing more and hard to replace. Check with TST. They are generally easy to work with.

Were they fixing something that ain’t broke?

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 07:17 PM   #165
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Monument , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisaMG View Post
Thanks. There is a tool that comes with it. But it's not an allen wrench on mine. It looks like a regular wrench with another pair of grabbers underneath the wrench part.... I don't know how to describe it... That sounded ridiculous. But short answer, it's different than an allen wrench.
The tool you are referring to is in the center of this picture off of Amazon. No more Allen wrenches. It tightens a thin bolt to the bottom of the sensor to help prevent theft. You can call TST directly and get one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TST507.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	392631  
DaveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:01 PM   #166
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
West Lake Hills , Texas
Too bad you’re not close. I have a spare wrench for the theft-prevention nut. Discount Tire lost two of my sensors even after saying they could balance wheels with the sensors. Had to order two replacements. Wrench was included.

There’s nothing special about the wrench. Have you tried using an open-end wrench or a crescent wrench? The nut may not be necessary except for theft protection.
Fungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:39 PM   #167
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Ravenna , Ohio
RE TST special wrench.
I have run 4 different TPM systems since 2008. Never used any "anti-Theft" feature. Wondering if this is even necessary.
If I was storing my RV away from my home I would simply remove the sensors. (this also can save battery life on some systems).

Just replace with a good standard metal cap. Can't see anyone being interested is stealing one of those.

Has anyone had their sensors stolen? Not sure what good it would do unless the thief got the correct brand as I do not think they are all inter changeable.
Old 04-07-2021, 06:43 PM   #168
3 Rivet Member

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Penn Yan , New York
Tst

I’ve had the tst 507 for 5 years. Great system. I have the older model and don’t require the repeater.
I would recommend the flow through sensors. The flow through sensors make it easy to add air if needed or check the tire pressure with a gauge.
I would not even consider the non flow through sensor because of this feature.
Be sure to change the sensor batteries once yearly.
delrossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:05 PM   #169
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
West Lake Hills , Texas
Flow-through sensors require metal valve stems per TST installation instructions.

I went with the non-flow-through because if the weight of the flow-through sensors even though I have metal valve stems. I figure that if I’m frequently topping off the air pressure before I hit the road then the tire has an issue that needs to be addressed.
Fungus is offline   Reply With Quote