Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Sedona , Arizona
Yosemite RV Campgrounds

Hi all, hoping to pick your brains for campsite selection/review in Yosemite. We're looking at later July (yes I know a busy time, but that's when the many family members can do it). There are many campsites and I have never been there. We have a 25'FC, would like to have another tent on site with us. Any recommendations for a campsite that is central enough to the highlights of the park? Appreciate your feedback. We love our Airstream, spent 6 of the last 9 months traveling around the most beautiful USA. With some luck we can reserve a spot. Best/Steve & Anne
sandrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
The campground in Yosemite Valley is by lottery 6 mos ahead of your date. All sites are sold out in a matter of minutes. Other campgrounds in the park are first come first serve.

I am going to Yosemite at the end of July. I have decided to take the easy route and stay at a private campground outside the park. We will be at Yosemite Lakes, 5 miles from the west entrance. It is a bit expensive but you can cut the cost in half by joining 1000 Trails. Another you might check out is Yosemite Pines, about 20 miles from the entrance.

The prior week I will be staying on the east side at June Lake Loop.

BTW/ Coming out your way in March. I know about Dead Horse but can you tell me anything about Valle Verde RV Resort? Send me a PM
Old 01-16-2017, 11:19 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 23' International
La Habra , California
I would try lower pines CG in the valley. Use "recreation.gov" I believe for Yosemite it is 5 months in advance and on the 15th rather than the first of every month that you can make your reservation.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:40 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
Dallas , Texas
Further up the hill toward mono lake that you go, fewer people you'll find generally.
AirDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:57 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Sedona , Arizona
Hi there, I have not been to either Deadhorse of Verde Valley. People I talk to like Deadhorse and use it often. I haven't heard anything about VV. March is a nice time of year. It can get hot in July and August. Rancho SedonaRV Park is right in Sedona, pricey but one of the nicest RV parks we've seen, down by the creek and walking distance into town. Thanks for the tips and enjoy your trip
sandrade is offline   Reply With Quote