Old 03-14-2016, 08:16 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLevel View Post
Thanks. The reason I didn't find it is because I was searching on Voyager. This one is by Rear View Systems. Did you notice this note at the bottom?

Note: Aluminum causes interference to the wireless connectivity. If you have an aluminum trailer, it's recommended to go with a wired system like the RVS-770613-213.

This doesn't look like an apples to apples comparison to what JC quoted you.
Yes I did notice that, but it applies to all wireless cameras on aluminum, including the JC installation. I'm using a antenna extension that will bring the signal 10 ft closer to my truck. It's from RVCam.com, it uses a L bracket attaching a external antenna (removing the stock antenna) by attaching a supplied coax to the antenna port & moving the antenna forward. I will attach the new antenna via the L bracket to my AC cover mid trailer & end the aluminum problem. I researched this & it's a very effective cure to signal failure, much better than the expense of running a hard wire system. This kit cost about $30.

TAC FL-47
2016 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:51 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjkq View Post
Yes I did notice that, but it applies to all wireless cameras on aluminum, including the JC installation. I'm using a antenna extension that will bring the signal 10 ft closer to my truck. It's from RVCam.com, it uses a L bracket attaching a external antenna (removing the stock antenna) by attaching a supplied coax to the antenna port & moving the antenna forward. I will attach the new antenna via the L bracket to my AC cover mid trailer & end the aluminum problem. I researched this & it's a very effective cure to signal failure, much better than the expense of running a hard wire system. This kit cost about $30.
Thanks Joe. That looks like a good plan. I saw the antenna extension kit. I wonder why it specifically mentions being for the Voyager camera? Does the Rear View Systems camera support the same extension kit?

Old 04-16-2016, 05:43 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Back in February I started this thread & said I'd report back when installed. Since then the plan changed & instead of JC doing the job in June I had it done at Camping World in Ft Myers, Fl. It's the very latest Voyager wireless with digital technology & I'm happy to report no distortion or signal loss of any kind while in a campground or on the Interstate, perfect camera & a first class install. BTW, Jackson Center was $980 & Camping World was $667, both out the door.
TAC FL-47
2016 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:49 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Congrats! We love ours! Enjoy it!!