Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-24-2016, 07:49 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Grizzly RV park-Yellostone

Anyone stayed there? We're going to be there in mid July & looking for input as to amenities & proximity to the park & surrounding area. Not interested in Fishing Bridge in Yellowstone just Grizzly. THANX!
TAC FL-47
2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:02 PM   #2
Silver Hilton

1959 24' Tradewind
Astoria , Oregon
Joe -
We've stayed there twice, both times for a week in the Fall, after Labor Day. It's only a few blocks from the west entrance to the park. Sites are large, park is large, quiet, it's fully booked and not inexpensive. Clean grounds and restrooms, good showers, laundry facilities (didn't use, can't comment) easy access to town for supplies and restaurants, it worked very well for us and we may make a return visit this Fall.
Wherever you stay, Yellowstone is a wonderful destination, and no wonder why it is America's first National Park.
Mark
Mark Wiltrakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:06 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Stayed there twice. First time in summer, VERY busy, they changed my reservation to a less desirable site, and didn't let me know until I checked in. It was kind of pricey, but had grandkids with me, and needed an assured spot when I got there.
Second time was last April, less expensive and hectic. Needed to use the laundry and empty tanks, otherwise may have moved down the road.
Located in West Yellowstone, so you won't go hungry. Lots of resources, right next to the park, so handy. Nicely kept, big playground if you have kids with you. Pet friendly.
I would stay there for a night or two to regroup, but the park campgrounds are so great(not so much Fishing Bridge)I prefer to stay there.
PDXRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:58 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
We have stayed there several times and always enjoyed it. Prefer the back in sites along the rear. Good access to open space to walk dog. Downtown W. Yellowstone and the Grizzly Discovery Center are within walking distance. The grass around the sites is lush and weed free.

Very nice park, clean and well maintained.

Highly recommend and worth the rate.
Steamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:24 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1979 29' Ambassador
Mobile , Alabama
We have been to Yellowstone four times. You will love it. We didn't stay at Grizzily but opted to stay at Wagon Wheel Park 406-646-7872. Ken, the owner keeps it immaculate. There are showers, laundry and a game room. Its only a mile from the west entrance. Ken knows everyone and gives you a map of the area and detailed overview.

Grizzily is nice but costs a bit more and considering you will be gone all day sightseeing we didn't see the need. They also have cable and patios.

The first time we were there we had already paid for a week but a family emergency made us leave the next day. Without us asking Ken refunded our money. Two years later DH called for a reservation. When he saw me he remembered my name. We wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Predeta
79nTOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:26 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Lafayette , California
We have stayed every year for much of September at Grizzly RV Park since 2002. It is an outstanding facility and we have always been treated very well. The sites are generous and the location is one of the quietest possible within easy walking distance of "downtown" West Yellowstone.

In addition to the many attractions of Yellowstone Park, Grizzly RV backs up to National Forest with many peaceful and lovely walking trails.

Tim
Tim A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:07 PM   #7
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
We stayed at the Grizzly RV park last August. It's a typical upscale RV resort type of place, so it was great, although we would personally prefer to stay in the park and be less citified. But we were traveling with non-RVing family members who needed accommodations and this way we could walk to where one another were staying.

A big shout-out to the staff, though. We lost/misplaced a bank card during a day trip and they were willing to phone out from the office to the service station where it was used to see if anyone found it, as we didn't have reliable cell phone service. They also let Len use their phone for a call to the bank to have it cancelled, with no charge.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:06 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Miami , Florida
We are expecting record visitation to the park this year as it is the Park Service's centennial and there will be more advertising than usual. Last year was crazy in July so expect the same.

The West Entrance had, at times last year, a 45 minute wait to get into the park. So, the trick is to get up and hit the park early. In addition to getting in quicker, there is usually a lot more wildlife within view. But wait, there's more! If you are headed to the Old Faithful area, the combination of cold morning air and hot erupting water makes everything more dramatic visually.

If you get to the gate and it is unattended (generally before 0700 and after 1800) drive on in!

Mike
Dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:24 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the input.
TAC FL-47
2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:55 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
Fresno , California
We stayed at Grizzly RV Park last fall during the last week open before the end of the season. Not very busy of course that time of the season, clean and comfortable. Very convenient to the west entrance of Yellowstone. When I go back to Yellowstone again I would stay there. Don’t forget to head south to Grand Teton, well worth the drive.
2007 Ram 2500
dougandlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:40 PM   #11
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Ditto on getting into the park early in the day. Beyond the entrance station the parking lots at the thermal features tend to get very crowded as the day wears on.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #12
Smoky Mountain Bearstreaming

2012 30' Classic
Knoxville , Tennessee
Great place and location.
kcashut is offline   Reply With Quote