Old 01-01-2014, 04:14 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
Fountain Inn , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
......the few times we stayed where we had a sewer connection I didn't leave the dump hose connected....just dumped when needed....I'm in the minority?

Bob
Same with us.

Old 01-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
My vintage trailer does not have a gray water tank. If there is a sewer pipe at the camp site I hook up the sewer solution so that the gray water can drain away. If no pipe I us a blue tank. I only dump the black water tank when full or when getting ready to hit the road. I have only had to use a public sewer dump one time. There was no one in front of me and no one behind so no one was inconvenienced or or had to wait for me to finish. I have a sewer trap in my front yard and have used that several times. I would much rather do that if possible. My yard has a nice slope to it and I get a good drain.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:17 PM   #17
Wise Elder

2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
Like several other posters, I have the sewer solution but only use it for dumping tanks at my house, where I have a slight uphill slope towards the drain.

The sewer solution is a poor choice for use at a dump stations. It requires more complicated setup and takes longer to drain the tanks. In my travels, I have encountered a number of dump stations that either have no water available at all or that have only a gravity tank available that does not provide sufficient pressure for the sewer solution to work. I have also encountered dump stations arranged in such a way that it would be difficult to connect the water hose to the sewer solution.

Occasionally there is a line of rigs at the dump station and etiquette would seem to require that the process be completed as expediently as possible.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I have seen people washing their rigs at dump stations with trailers in line waiting on them to finish and get out of the way. Now that is rude.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 01-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #19
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
I have seen people washing their rigs at dump stations with trailers in line waiting on them to finish and get out of the way. Now that is rude.
Since we all have a limited irreplaceable amount of time to live, theft of another's time should be a much greater crime than theft of mere property.

(this does not apply to the time you wasted because I sucked you into reading this)

Ken
Old 01-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Ken, lately I have plenty of time to waste. The joys of a second retirement.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:26 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
......the few times we stayed where we had a sewer connection I didn't leave the dump hose connected....just dumped when needed....I'm in the minority?
I always leave it hooked up at the campsite even if the gray tank valve is closed. Why not?

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:41 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
I use a sewer solution and have waited a lot longer for people using a stinky slinky. So no quilt as far as I am concerned if someone has to wait an extra minute or two for me to finish up.

Funny, someone making me wait unnecessarily has the opposite effect on me, I move even faster. I I guess I don't want the people behind me to think I'm no better than the guy ahead of me.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
It would be nice if people would read the entire thread before making comments about a single post.

Old 01-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Seldom stay in Campgrounds and have only the Sewer Solution. Pretty much trouble free except for the O ring on the quick disconnect cracked once in 5 years. I keep a spare. Dump times don't appear to be a problem but then our total capacity, black and grey, is 24 gallons.
'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:30 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Aldie , Virginia
I have a quick question for those with the Sewer Solution product -- I've seen youtube videos of a Y-connector setup to allow for both sewer solution hookup and black tank flush hookup. I am curious if running both lines simultaneously creates a significant drop of pressure to cause "issues" in effective maceration capability of the primary dump line?
Old 03-27-2014, 06:46 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Bangor , Maine
I have to say that it depends on the water pressure at the dump location. I have never had an issue doing just that, but typically I do not run both lines at the same time. I typically will divert the water either to the internal rinse system or to the SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanPoulin View Post
I have a quick question for those with the Sewer Solution product -- I've seen youtube videos of a Y-connector setup to allow for both sewer solution hookup and black tank flush hookup. I am curious if running both lines simultaneously creates a significant drop of pressure to cause "issues" in effective maceration capability of the primary dump line?
Old 03-27-2014, 08:14 PM   #27

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanPoulin View Post
We have been using the Sewer Solution exclusively for the past eight years, and we have spent almost 1,400 nights in our Airstreams during that time. We have never experienced any problem with a pressure drop to the Sewer Solution supply hose from the Y connector.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:47 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I've been using the as now for a short time - the pressure seemed fine with both - but the - it's annoying how slow it takes to dump - especially when you need to flush the black tank a couple times - but it's doable and it's nice it's all flushed out easy and clean when done - and I don't have to fiddle with the grade of the tubing and such - it can go uphill a bit too

I will be trying the rhino sewer hose next trip for my own direct comparison

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote