Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #1

Methuen , Massachusetts
New Member from Mass

Hello! My partner and I have just recklessly jumped into the deep end of the Airstream pool. Last weekend, she brings home this book from the library called Airstream Living. We're looking through it and are quickly hooked, even though we had been talking about getting an RV for the longest time. Suddenly we are salivating over these fabulously retro vintage airstreams.

We the next night, after a few drinks (not many, but a couple), we went on E-bay and found a restored '63 24' Trade Wind. Breaking every rule of smart shopping, we went ahead and bid on the thing. Somehow we won the auction and without so much as a counterbid. So in four days we'll be towing her back to Boston from NY state, ready to start fixing her up and making her a part of the family.

I look forward to becoming a part of Airstream Nation! I'm sure we're going to have lots of questions!!

See you out there!

TimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Welcome to the Forums. We are delighted to have you with us. We need to see some pictures of your new little girl. You need to pick a name for her before you go to get her.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:34 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Welcome to the Forums and to real Airstream Living!

Welcome!

You will find you have many friends here. Including local ones.

If you are interested the New England Unit of the WBCCI is holding it's second rally of the season at Salisbury Beach State Reservation April 20 - 22. We would love for you folks to join us for our happy hour and pot luck dinner on Saturday night (starts at 4:00pm)

The NEU has many young or young at heart members with vintage rigs, you could learn alot from our group. I will need to look at the attendee list to see who is bringing vintage rigs but my guess right now is there will be about 10 of them.

Hope you join us! PM me if interested.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Welcome!

That's a great story, and starting your Airstream Affair with a few cocktails is very appropriate... Hope all works out well, and restored means what you thought it means... If not, there are several good sources for further "enhancements" in New York and New England...

Even from the Left Coast, I'd urge you to join the NEU event, even if without your new trailer, as live touchy feely talking can be much more educational than book learning..

You should also practice mastery of the "Search" tab above.. Try typing in dofferent combinations of key words and searching from the thousands and thousands of existing messages, covering everything from rebuilding a corroded shell to free dump stations on the road of life...

Enjoy your new rolling home...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
southwestern , Michigan
congratulations and welcome. great bunch of people here and all happy to help! glad you found this site and joined!
airstreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #6

Methuen , Massachusetts
Thanks for the warm welcomes! We're very excited!

Thank you all for your kind welcoming responses! Little did we realize when we got mesmerized by the "Airstream Mystique" that there was such an active community of Airstream lovers out there! I really hope we can make it to the April 20 rally in Salisbury! Unfortunately, we won't be bringing our new AS with us, since we won't have a tow vehicle for it! All in good time...

Again, thanks for taking the time to say hi! I sense the beginning of a great adventure!

Mark
TimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:15 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTraveler
Thank you all for your kind welcoming responses! Little did we realize when we got mesmerized by the "Airstream Mystique" that there was such an active community of Airstream lovers out there! I really hope we can make it to the April 20 rally in Salisbury! Unfortunately, we won't be bringing our new AS with us, since we won't have a tow vehicle for it! All in good time...

Again, thanks for taking the time to say hi! I sense the beginning of a great adventure!

Mark
Hi Mark,

Please try to stop by the Salisbury Rally. The NEU has much to share! - You won't be able to miss us in the campground, when you see a sea of Airstreams glistening in the rain you'll know you've found us.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:29 PM   #8
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTraveler

Mark
Hi,

Welcome to the 'club'..... We are airstream owners since 1995. Have traveled lots and really enjoy our MH. But, also always wanted a vintage trailer....so, we bought one for our son and are restoring a '68 Tradewind with him. It has been a complete shell off, tank modification, project and he's planning to be done by June. I also found a '67 Caravel sitting in the woods in Sherborn and bought that a year ago and will keep that one. That project will start by this coming Fall. It's kind of contagious.

So, you've found the right place to get help with your project. The New England Unit of WBCCI is very active and has lots of members who have vintage trailers in various stages of restoration.

Hope to have you visit at Salisbury.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:34 PM   #9
Alumination

2005 28' Safari
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via MSN to njoysrvin
welcome and hope the weather lets you get out there soon
njoysrvin is offline   Reply With Quote