Originally posted by Simplyspent
I looked over Don Reasons site and found several errors.
Hey Children...not let's not get snippy here! What are the errors? Can you document your corrections?
My Airstream site was the outgrowth of information I received when I simply wanted answers to my questions about the company. I posted questions on the two RV newsgroups. People responded with TONS of information. After a few months, I compiled the information and posted it again to those two newsgroups as an "Airstream History." Usually, I would post it each month and people would write with additions and corrections.
IF you will go back and READ my Airstream history, you will notice several things.
1) I had to go on-line to do all of my research since Airstream provided almost no real information regarding the history of the Airstream company or of Airstream trailers.
2) Many Airstreamers contributed to this information over an initial two-year period, and several more since then.
3) NOWHERE DO I CLAIM that the list of monikers is complete. In fact, even Airstream doesn't have complete records regarding monikers and lengths. The monikers changed often. The lengths changed often, sometimes even within the year. I am also aware that not all monikers are listed. Don't shoot me!
4) At the end, I post several questions and ask the reader to send in new information. You can, too.
And some personal comments:
1) Owning an Airstream does NOT make one an expert.
2) There is NO official Airstream historian.
3) Airstreamers are like Baptists...if you have five of them in a room, you will get seven opinions!
However, Bud Cooper is a wealth of information. But he is not the final answer for anything. Neither is anyone else!
Typical for any project of this type, I have found multiple stories regarding several points in the history of the company, the history of the trailers and even TWO CONFLICTING STORIES regarding the formation of the WBCCI.
If you have found ERRORS in my site, please stop whining about it. Simply write me and give me your information. If you think there are errors, I would LOVE to have the correction. THAT is what I have been searching for. I promise that I probably have another version of the same story besides yours. I just keep asking and keep asking and folks keep filling-in some of the gaps.
Several months ago, I began working on a complete revision of the Airstream History. But...I have a real life also. I simply have not had the time to complete it and upload it. But it will be fun when you see some of the things added.
Folks, we are all Airstreamers because we all are a little odd, a little "distinct" from all others. So help me out here!
Gee...if Wally could just send us a message from the great beyond and tell us "the truth!"