Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2006, 11:11 AM   #1
Airscream

1986 32.5' Airstream 325
Rio Vista , California

Hello everyone,I have a 1986 325 motorhome, I enjoy very much.
I have owned the coach for about three years.
The motorhome is fitted with a 454, banks exaust system, and a Gearvendor overdrive. I recently rebuilt the transmission, and the engine is fresh.
She's very fast and a dream to drive.
My girlfriend and I use it regularly.trips to the central coast , and up and down the state. We are located in the Sacramento Delta region of California.
Rio Vista is our hailing port, a small ag and ranching town on the Sacramento River. We are also known for great fishing and boating.
I am in the yacht service business, and enjoy using my skills to maintain and upgrade my motorhome. I am glad to be part of this forum as there is much information to be accessed here, and I'll also pass on tips and contacts that I come across. Happy Trails, Airscream
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Road Work  Friends 096.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	29266  
Airscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #2
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Welcome Airscream! Love the name! You will find lots of friends and advise her on the forums.

Look forward to hearing about your travels!
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #3
Airscream

1986 32.5' Airstream 325
Rio Vista , California
Thanxs Rick,soo much info and exchanges,on the different threads.
..you dont have to reinvent the wheel, the amount of information I've seen just this morning is great, rocon, Airscream
Airscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:55 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Airscream - welcome to the forums. Nice unit you have. Do you tow the truck behind the MH?

I think you will find a diverse group with a common bond here who are willing to help out with just about anything and always in learning mode.

Enjoy
Barry
safari57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:58 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Airscream,

Welcome to the group. Keep an eye out for the NorCal rally schedule for opportunities to meet other local Airstreamers.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1985 32.5' Airstream 325
ROCHESTER , New Hampshire
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airscream
Hello everyone,I have a 1986 325 motorhome, I enjoy very much.
I have owned the coach for about three years.
The motorhome is fitted with a 454, banks exaust system, and a Gearvendor overdrive. I recently rebuilt the transmission, and the engine is fresh.
She's very fast and a dream to drive.
My girlfriend and I use it regularly.trips to the central coast , and up and down the state. We are located in the Sacramento Delta region of California.
Rio Vista is our hailing port, a small ag and ranching town on the Sacramento River. We are also known for great fishing and boating.
I am in the yacht service business, and enjoy using my skills to maintain and upgrade my motorhome. I am glad to be part of this forum as there is much information to be accessed here, and I'll also pass on tips and contacts that I come across. Happy Trails, Airscream
Welcome to the Forums, Airscream!

We also own a 325 MH. Ours is a 1985 and we love it! Any inside photos to share? Is it all original inside or updated? Ours is all original and needs some updating! We have the twin beds in the back which works out great for the kids. We close them off and get the rest of the rig for ourselves.

We hope to eventually get the Banks and the Gearvendor, but right now need some transmission help. How did you know yours needed to be rebuilt? This past week ours has decided not to go into reverse. Anything you could share with us would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
Kristine
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:05 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Welcome Aboard!

Airscream:
It's great to see another Moho owner in the group. The info in these forums is amazing. Like Mike said, keep an eye out for the NorCal events. Last time there were about 28 trailers and us. It was a great time. We should be back your way before too long.
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:21 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Suisun City , California
Neighbors

Weclome Airscream!

We live in Suisun and just recently bought an AS ourselves AND joined the Forum. People here are extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

Beautiful rig you have. We just camped out at the Harbor Bay Club in Isleton (Delta Loop) for Thanksgiving. Love that area.

Whenever we have guests in we take them to Locke and to Foster's Bighorn resturant. You know the place with the 300+ stuffed animals?

JERRY

Jerry

Jerry and Avis
2006 Safari Bambi 19'
2005 Toyota Tacoma PU

"Mi Casa Es Su Casa!"
WBCCI #6716
AIR #17388
Roscinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:23 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Airscream, welcome. Your knowledge of systems will surely be informative to some of us here on the forum. Our AS's and the craft you service have many similarities.
How many miles do you have on your coach?

Eddie, block your tires, parking brake off, and have someone move the gear selector while you watch the action of the linkage. You may find it hanging up on the exhaust manifold or frame. I'd be surprised if it's anything more serious if the rest of the transmission is working fine or if it's not exhibiting any other troubles. You can do all this from above with the engine cover removed and the engine not running.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote