Old 11-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
You'll find lots of pluses and minuses to this arrangement. I recently sold my 2012 28' Intl CCD. (I've got a '15 Classic on order.) I ripped out the L seat and put in two of the Villa recliners. I found the L seat looked nice but was only suitable as seating space for my two basset hounds. Both the height and the depth caused it to be uncomfortable (IMHO). AND, the cheesy lightweight foam inside the UltraLeather would have you sitting on the plywood within a short period of time. As you'll note, some people have put in better foam. One thing that I found after pulling it out was how much wasted space is BEHIND the L seat. You have one semi useful cubby that holds the owner's manuals, but that's about it. I did have somebody sleep on it once and it was marginal. I would never have another trailer with that same arrangement. Just my experience.

"SilverLeaf II" 2015 30' Classic
2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 CC w/6.7L Cummins
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:21 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
2017 30' Classic
Montreal , Quebec
Send a message via Skype™ to Rawn77
I had a '10 FC 30' with the couch. In my infinite wisdom; the next year I changed the couch for the L-Lounge.

You lose room, as the long side is further into the coach (there's the storage cubby hole under the front window [made specifically and only for Tom's wife's yarn hobby ]) that takes up space.

The second thing is how uncomfortable it is to sit on; the padding is light and the shape is flat, creating an eventual slide off scenario. It's comfort is realized only when you're lying down on it.

The bonus with the L lounge is that you now have a real 2 person bed; which can also be looked at as a negative (if you're not looking for sleepover guests; sometimes easier to say, "I have no place for you to sleep" when you have the couch with a split level extended bed surface)

I'm now back to a sofa with my '15 Classic. I like it, but my dog misses his L-Lounge corner sleep spot

You can't please everyone.....

Montreal, QC

2017 Classic
Triple Flexible Solar Panels
2000w Inverter
6 Lifeline Group 27 batteries
Honda EU3000
Drain Master Sewer Connection
2017 GMC Denali 2500 Duramax (on order, rented F150 for the month)
Rawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:50 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
2004 28' Classic
austin , Texas
You are fortunate to have the new classic. It appears that is the only way to get a sofa in a new coach anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Ntex is offline   Reply With Quote