Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
HIGHLAND VILLAGE , Texas
DFW area Airstream dealer

Better half and I dropped in at Vogt this afternoon in NE FW off 121. Very low key, "...sorry no sales guy are available at the moment, but they are all unlocked..." Music to my ears. We went through half a dozen rigs, agreed upon the 25 or 27, eithey way the F twin, is nice. I had convinced my self I would go used, but the ducting is really nice!

Later a sales guy showed up and told me that they put 2 AC units on the 25 and above units, he said it was a dealer option.

Based on what I've read I feel pretty lucky to have a nearby dealer. Now that we have stepped through the options, buying will be easier.

Dan in Dallas...
hostage46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
If its a 2015 model 2 ACs are not needed on 25 and above models as they are ducted air and are 15k units. Smaller models are equipped with non-ducted 13.5k AC. Looking at the Vogt RV website their new units are all 2015 and they have a 2014 25 preowned. You can't add a 2nd AC to that unit as its only 30amp and there isn't a vent to add one if they could.

I purchased my preowned 2008 Airstream Classic 25fb in 2013 from Vogt RV. The sales staff was OK. I wasn't too impressed with the after sales service after I took it back to have the converter checked over because it wasn't charging the batteries. I ended up just installing a Progressive PD4655 converter after I got the trailer back and the converter still didn't charge the batteries. They are a new AS dealer starting to carry them in 2013.

There is another AS dealer close to Fort Worth, BayerRV in Dublin, TX.

Then there is Camper Clinic in Austin and in Houston there is another dealer.

Lots of choice in TX.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:28 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
HIGHLAND VILLAGE , Texas
Thanks Kelvin
hostage46 is offline   Reply With Quote