Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2015, 11:36 AM   #1
BigMac

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Reynoldsburg , Ohio
How do I pair my 2013 Flying Cloud Bluethoth Radio to a Bluetooth Speaker?

OK, so I keep being told I can connect the stereo in my airstream to a Bluetooth speaker. I have had zero luck, I just purchased a rather expensive Bluetooth speaker, I hit the pairing button on the stereo in the camper, I hit the pairing button on the speaker, and both just keep flashing, but they do not connect. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone been successful doing this?

Help Please......
Big Mac 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Manassas , Virginia
I am fairly certain that you cannot pair a speaker via bluetooth - what model stereo is installed in your 2013 FC?

You Tube Channel "Airstream Nerds": https://www.youtube.com/airstreamnerds

Find Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AirstreamNerd/
AStreamNerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:44 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Question, is the radio in the AS, that has BT, is the radio a BT receiver or BT transmitter? Most radios and speakers are receivers (used by selection the Auxiliary input). I can BT connect my iPhone to the radio in my Audi strictly to use the phone and if I want to play my music, stored on the iPhone, using the car radio, then I have to use and auxiliary (3.5mm) connection. Remember I said MOST. It's like you can use a (most) smart phone to transmit music to a BT enabled speaker or to a car stereo (with BT capability).
Sorry to muddy the water, but there are was to make this work.
tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:10 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Based on my attempts in my 2012, you can pair your phone or a BT media device to send to your radio but you cannot pair your radio to send any device. I contacted Sony and they told me what protocol was required and said it should work, but I tried several devices with that protocol and nothing ever worked. I wanted headphones, not speakers. I would still like headphones but gave up on BT and my TV has no jacks for headphones.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 02:56 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mac 44 View Post
OK, so I keep being told I can connect the stereo in my airstream to a Bluetooth speaker. I have had zero luck, I just purchased a rather expensive Bluetooth speaker, I hit the pairing button on the stereo in the camper, I hit the pairing button on the speaker, and both just keep flashing, but they do not connect. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone been successful doing this?

Help Please......
Please send me the make/model of radio in your Airstream. I'd like to see what the spec's are and to see what connectivity is available for input/output. That way I may be able to provide you a solution.
tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:43 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2016 30' International
Florence , Alabama
Our 2016 has a clarion speaker system. I just turned it on, went to Bluetooth settings on my iPhone and say the Clarion model number showing, hit pair and it worked fine. Now I can select AUX as the source on the radio play music wirelessly from my iPhone. There are 2 AUX inputs on the radio now, because it allows the 3.5mm jack or USB as another aux.
joshjack is offline   Reply With Quote