Old 11-22-2009, 02:20 PM   #253
Rivet Master

2006 28' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Sierra Vista , United States
Mike,
From a guy point of view I would not use gender and short in the same sentence. It is dangerous territory.
-Ken

Old 11-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #254
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Well, when somebody gets here toshow me how to post pics. ill do it. Have to free up the bloddy mary drink hand first. Also got a new mem. foam bed and find that I dont want to get up, but then I never. Went to Parker with Mike yesterday, cost me $150.00. I have to stay away from him.Ha Ha. RETIREMENT IS GREAT, everybody hurry up..Mike and Sheri

Old 11-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #255
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Gender bender...?

I KNEW when I posted, that someone would nail me on that...thanks, Ken, at least it's done...we may compare hands, someday, but that will be all...sorry, gotta go, happy hour started without me while I was washing clothes and myself...I might actually be allowed to sit upwind now
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #256
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
We are a few days from getting to the rally, that darn job gets in the way of all the fun things.

Since the folks in Quartzsite are too busy to post some pictures, I figured I would post a few. We started loading a few of the "must have" items today. The wood is stacked and ready to load in the truck as well. The truck gets loaded Tuesday night and we can hit the road the next morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3711.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	535.0 KB
ID:	91394   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3712.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	591.5 KB
ID:	91395  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3713.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	342.2 KB
ID:	91396  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #257
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Well, all I can say is that ... IT'S ABOUT TIME THAT SOMEBODY POSTED PICS!! Thank you, Richard, even if you aren't there yet! (It's nice just to look at territory that isn't covered in cold white stuff!)

Lynn
Old 11-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #258
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Thanks for posting pictures Richard. I was beginning to believe that Barry was going to post a pic from Canada before those *ahem* busy friends of ours in Q got around to it.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #259
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
Cape Cod , USA
We're leaving Buckskin Tuesday morning and will be heading down, should be there before noon. We'll be heading to Parker tomorrow morning to restock and do laundry. If there is anything needed let us know and we'll pick it up.

Loaded with all kinds of stuff from back east so no room for firewood but we do have our propane campfire as backup if the wood runs out.....

Mark and Mary
WBCCI #9204, Region 1, 1st VP NEU
TAC #MA-4
M&M CAPECOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:00 PM   #260
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Well, let's see...pics,... or STUFFED HAMBURGERS, BLOODY MARYS, WINE,BEER, FRIENDSHIP, A CAMPFIRE, AND THE BAND IS SETTING UP...??? yep, tough choice, but our decision was apparently unanimous...I've got my kazoo in pocket, a brew in hand, and a chair asking for my butt...
Old 11-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #261
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Fire in the hole!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M CAPECOD View Post
We're leaving Buckskin Tuesday morning and will be heading down, should be there before noon. We'll be heading to Parker tomorrow morning to restock and do laundry. If there is anything needed let us know and we'll pick it up.

Loaded with all kinds of stuff from back east so no room for firewood but we do have our propane campfire as backup if the wood runs out.....

Mark and Mary
Ken is bringing a SOB...maybe we could burn it?......or, as with all 4CU rallys, we will have plenty of wood, and can always get more...two years ago, we burned a desk and cabinets, and some plywood...amongst other things...
Old 11-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #262
3 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Brea , California
Is the desert still open for reservations? If so, who do we reserve with? BLM needs to know? Can we go?
Old 11-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #263
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Glenn - No reservations required. The rally is held on BLM land that allows 14 days of camping with no permits. Directions to the rally are posted somewhere in this thread. Bring some food, maybe some firewood and have a great time. C U at the campfire...

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:38 PM   #264
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Sun, serious fun, and serendipity...

Actually, since there's a new ranger in town, you have to have a permit, but I have one for the grtoup...ok, group...I'll just need you to sign up at my table(or chair, or someone's back) on a list...they want names, license plate and state, and # of people in party...just documentation to show how the area is being used and by how many...this will determine what stays open, and what will fall by the bureaucratic wayside at budget time. campfire is done for the night, I was awarded a stunning lighted tiara and watch, and am now basking in solitary splendor in my aluminum castle with NO IDEA what time it is(and don't care), but it's a neat watch just the same...THANK YOU ARTSTREAM!!! Paul and Michael put on another great performance, and even allowed the older fa**s to accompany them...despite technical difficulties, we got past tone quality...well, sorta...maybe tone deaf...Julianne made some praline type things that have me salivating for more(I groveled my way into one after all others bailed the fire)...ya better hurry, I'm gonna grovel more, tomorrow...shameless...? yep...HOW shameless...? ya don't wanna know(neither do I)...Jimmini's supper venue has me thinkin' that we may have to move Richard&Jan's trailer further south, so I don't have to wobble around so far before I fall into the campfire.
Went to the Q laundromat today...showers are down to $5, wash is $1.50, and dryers are 6 1/2-7 minutes for $0.25(depending on the machine, and NO, he didn't tell me what machines were 7 minutes)..."Just depends"...boy, was I tempted...!!!...didn't know where to buy any...
Can ya tell that those praline thingies have a bit of sugar in them...? I can, but I'm still scratching my ear with my big toe, so I may be a bit distracted...c'mon, folks, we're waitin'...
Old 11-22-2009, 11:38 PM   #265
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn G View Post
Is the desert still open for reservations? If so, who do we reserve with? BLM needs to know? Can we go?
Glad you're planning to join us, Glenn... See directions posted by Mike in post #219... Some folks are already there, so come any time you can... We look forward to meeting you! No reservations, no fees...you can sign up on the rally's info page...there's a link to that page at the bottom of the "Portal" page.... See you there! Come ready to enjoy!
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair, 4C
Unit #3954
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:55 PM   #266
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
take a left at the flamingo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn G View Post
Page 16 on this thread, post #219 will give you directions...the sign up for BLM is at our Moho(or somewhere)...I'll try to be responsible and walk it around(I may be the one under the tiara-BEWARE imposters in real tiaras!)
It's a BIG desert, and we welcome you...this is a laid back affair...flexible is as good a description as any...friendship, fun, food, libation, and whatever else ...mike