Old 03-07-2008, 10:29 PM   #141
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Campfire's out(mine, for the night)...green beer sounds covered...folks are packin to come...life, indeed, is good...
Invented a new game,,,Golfshoes...gotta try it, but Plamosa Road may not be uhm, friendly to it...we'll see...bring an 8 or 9 iron, and maybe a putter.
If you don't have any golf stuff, we'll share clubs and stories...and liquid lubricants...
Beauty of a day...sunny, slight breeze...
mike

We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:18 AM   #142
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quartzsite moments

Your Quartzsite Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIrony-2
Lordy!!!!, went to some big-box stores in Yuma, today, and it was(to me) scary traffic. not bad, just a whole lot more than Q on a slow(they all are, now,) day...
mike
I think the drivers behind us were more SCARRED of gettin hit with loose produce

PS, Identities have been hidden to protect the innocent
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Q23.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	55727  

ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #143
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
The hose in the picture does not look green. What colors will we get when we burn it next weekend?

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:47 AM   #144
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Last month at DH2 we had a chance to play Boccie Ball for the first time, it was fun. If we don't have the equipment, we could play desert Boccie. Keep an eye out for some round looking rocks...

Richard

Old 03-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #145
Rivet Master

1989 29' Land Yacht
Mesa , Arizona
IT IS REALY SAD NOT TO SEE ANY WBCCI EXECTIVES ON THE LIST TO COME VISIT OUR OFF HAND RALLY .THEY SURE ARE MISSING SOME GOOD GREEN BEER, BLOODY MARY'S(NOT GREEN)AND THE BEST OF PEOPLE.
MIKE WAS THAT CABBAGE ON THE BACK OF YOUR TOWED FOR CABBAGE AND CORNEDBEEF
MIN AND I ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERY ONE THIS NEXT WEEKEND
HAPPY ST.PATRICK'S DAY TO ALL,AND TO ALL GOOD NIGHT
jimmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #146
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
WHO WAS THAT MASKED MAN...?and, ahem, what did he want...?...or, what is he doing with that rope...?...some questions ARE better left unanswered. Michael, I believe I owe you one...

The hose, Richard, is to replace the one I cut up in little pieces as sacrifice for flame pleasers at DH2...probably the same fate awaits this one, next year...
don't tell Tracy. I can always back over the coupling, and, well, there you go.

Jim, no, not cabbage...just lots of stuff from an errant visit to Sam's Club...not a good idea with a small car...may have to get a roof-rack for next time...felt like I was driving a boat goin home

ROCKS>>>I specialize(of recent) in flat rocks, but I'll look for roundish ones...got golf balls...but the terrain at Plamosa is such that the shape of your Bocce balls won't really matter...

mike
Old 03-08-2008, 10:56 PM   #147
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
DONE!!!dump, dump,fill,fill...we're ready...pleasant fire tonight, compliments of some building 'renovation'...some disassembly required.Saw a couple of palates(sp?) leaned up against a dumpster on the way home...with luck and a plethora of near-sighted retirees, may score them, tomorrow.
Had a quick blow-thru (microburst) while we were gone, doin tha dump...luckily, Michael and Brian were home to snag all the stuff tryin to make it to Phoenix on wind power,
ROUND ROCKS...? I have sorta square rocks, almost-round rocks, not-so-almost-round rocks, and, well, rock-rocks...should be interesting...LIQUID...lots of liquid(it's tha desert, ya know)...BLOODYS, MARGIES,CHEAP BEER(gotta be COLD), FAVORITE FLAVORS, and...[I]shudderwater...
We'll take a run out to Plamosa Road, tomorrow, and size up the possibles...BTW, the cardboard 4CU sign has been upgraded...but kinda nicely...OK, we're still here, wonderin WHERE all ya'll ARE...?
mike
Old 03-08-2008, 11:50 PM   #148
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Mike, Michael and Brian,

Having never been to Quartzsite when you mention a micro burst of wind - is this a common occurrence to have wind there? How strong does it get? Awning damaging types of wind?

What are temps like this time of year? I notice that in a picture of two there's been a lot of bottles - is this a problem there?

What type of critters are common? What are fellow campers like - are there coveted spots that folks vie for or is it pretty much the same thing everywhere?

Just trying to get the whole place into some frame of reference for future visits/rallies.

Thanks, just sorta wondering.....
Barry
Old 03-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #149
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
The forecast for next weekend looks great!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	weather.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	55836  

Richard

Old 03-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #150
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
Mike, Michael and Brian,

Having never been to Quartzsite when you mention a micro burst of wind - is this a common occurrence to have wind there? How strong does it get? Awning damaging types of wind?

What are temps like this time of year? I notice that in a picture of two there's been a lot of bottles - is this a problem there?

What type of critters are common? What are fellow campers like - are there coveted spots that folks vie for or is it pretty much the same thing everywhere?

Just trying to get the whole place into some frame of reference for future visits/rallies.

Barry
Well Barry, this is my first year too, and all the text in the world had not prepaired me for the beauty and scale of the place.

Critters?
Birds, some lizards, a large black beetle, and occasional Moth, a baby dinosaur, heard some Cyoties, and saw 2.

Wind has been off and on, and some awning management will be necessary, but nothing that will affect the horse shoe tournament.

This time of year you can pretty much park where you please, which is one of the many things this northerner finds so amazing.

Just relax,
take big breaths,
and all will be fine.

Have a safe and enjoyable drive.

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #151
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
5 years ago, if you had told me I would like the desert, I would have quietly and politely placed you on my mental list of well-intended, misguided acquaintences, and moseyed away as soon as possible...
Next year will be year #5, and the stays have been longer each year...this yeare is about 4 months, and we plan to come back earlier than December...
there's somethin about the place...not the crowds, but that does add a little something...I dunno, we want to go to Alaska, someday, but can't seem to get out of the Four Corners area...(lassitudinity...?)
We'll hold back a couple of rocks for you, '57, and keep a cold one behind the lettuce and cheeses...
mike
Old 03-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #152
Bambi Hunter

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Los Angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
Mike, Michael and Brian,
I notice that in a picture of two there's been a lot of bottles - is this a problem there?

Barry
I wouldn't say that lots of brothels constitute a problem. A problem is when your "hooked on phonics" material goes to the wrong address, like mine.

We're bringing the bait for the Coyote Calling activity. Trying to find Gabe a new (or used) pair of PF Fliers to see if he can "...run faster and jump higher." Side bets will be taken...Gabe is favored 5 to 2.

Mike, having not met you, I must say that I was truly moved by your appeal to live life to its fullest whilst you can. You can now count on my Super Delegate vote. Any other bidders...I mean comments?

Our plan is to leave LA around noon Friday. Gabe's daycare has offered to assist so that we can leave earlier (they sure are nice). However, history has shown that we arrive in camp right after happy hour or later. I have this really bad habit of following through w/ commitments, no matter what hardship befalls me. Either way, beware of the Ides of March, because we will be there.

Tim
Old 03-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #153
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Can
I wouldn't say that lots of brothels constitute a problem.
So thats why Scrap spends more and more time there I'm guessing Barry will be joining him for the season too.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:40 PM   #154
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Clarification pleae

Do we turn East or West onto plamosa from Hwy 95?

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote