Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-07-2011, 08:06 AM   #221

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith84 View Post
Sounds good!
Is the two of y'all in your party?
2 humans, 1 Fox Terrier. (the Bull Terrier in my avatar pic isn't yet happy enough about Airstream travel to take her on the socially-oriented trips.)

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #222
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Latest Piney Woods Rally List

The latest attendie list
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Copy of Camping log 06Nov.pdf (7.6 KB, 59 views)
Old 11-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #223
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
ready to move

we have been in the austin area, it seems, far too long. visiting friends and relatives and taking care of the semi annual doctor visits and other chores.

we are at mckinney falls state park now and tomorrow morning we will head east and spend a few days at wolf creek on the west side of lake livingston. never been there, but looks like and sounds like, from the reviews on rvpark reviews , to be a very nice place.

we are going to arrive at mill creek fairly early friday morning. i have no idea what we will contribute to the saturday eatathon....

do wee need drinks, or anything like that. be glad to provide something in that way.

looks like the weather will be pleasant and cooler... i am ready for cooler water. the weather in texas is still too hot for my liking

see ya this weekend
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #224
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Drinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher24 View Post
we have been in the austin area, it seems, far too long. visiting friends and relatives and taking care of the semi annual doctor visits and other chores.

we are at mckinney falls state park now and tomorrow morning we will head east and spend a few days at wolf creek on the west side of lake livingston. never been there, but looks like and sounds like, from the reviews on rvpark reviews , to be a very nice place.

we are going to arrive at mill creek fairly early friday morning. i have no idea what we will contribute to the saturday eatathon....

do wee need drinks, or anything like that. be glad to provide something in that way.

looks like the weather will be pleasant and cooler... i am ready for cooler water. the weather in texas is still too hot for my liking

see ya this weekend
Glad yall are making your way down to the Piney Woods.
You can add in anything you like for the eatathon. Drinks would be good. But Im sure a lot of folks will be doing the BYOB thing

Weather will be great this weekend! Im loving this cooler weather myself.
Safe travels to you. We will see you soon.
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #225
2 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
Scranton , Arkansas
Leaving out Wed. a.m. See u when I get there Thur. Will be alone. Will cook Jamblya. Frenchy
L.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #226
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.C.
Leaving out Wed. a.m. See u when I get there Thur. Will be alone. Will cook Jamblya. Frenchy
Glad to have you Frenchy, looking forward to meeting you and tasting your Jambalaya!

Safe travels to you !
Old 11-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #227
2 Rivet Member

1980 24' Caravelle
Lufkin , Texas
Day Visit

I wish we were on the list but we are currently out of commission. See link below.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f36/...ing-49035.html

We may try to stop by just for a while. Will we be able to get in without a reservation?
jslowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #228

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslowery View Post
I wish we were on the list but we are currently out of commission. See link below.

We may try to stop by just for a while. Will we be able to get in without a reservation?
I don't know if there's a "day use" fee per se, but at the worst it looks like it might cost you $4 to visit with a carload.

"Swim Beach - $1.00 per person, children under 12 free. Maximum $4.00 per vehicle."

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:50 AM   #229
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Day Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslowery View Post

Yes you can come up for the day, you wont need a reservation.
It will cost you less than 5 dollars to park and you can spend the day.
If you get a chance come on out and visit with us. Bring the family and make a day of it.

We hope to see you there.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:45 AM   #230
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Johnson City , Texas
Hi all. I have been trying to report in from Mill Creek Park for days, no cell reception!!! Argh. Anyways. Weather great so far, storm tonight I guess. If you find my trailer sideways, save my 2 cats that are learning how to camp!!
Ha ha. Right now the park is empty. I am bringing deviled eggs and a dessert. Might have a friend come for weekend, if I make it that long!! Closest town is Jasper 20 miles away. Nothing else out here. Very pretty tho. Ps. I saw on the list of people coming, the other Eddie Bauer gal, I thought she cancelled???? Carol site 64
screamstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #231
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Johnson City , Texas
PPS. Wow it feels good to contact civilization!! I need awning lessons from someone too, mine wants to eat my arm, ouch!!
screamstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:58 AM   #232
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Mill Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamstream View Post
Hi all. I have been trying to report in from Mill Creek Park for days, no cell reception!!! Argh. Anyways. Weather great so far, storm tonight I guess. If you find my trailer sideways, save my 2 cats that are learning how to camp!!
Ha ha. Right now the park is empty. I am bringing deviled eggs and a dessert. Might have a friend come for weekend, if I make it that long!! Closest town is Jasper 20 miles away. Nothing else out here. Very pretty tho. Ps. I saw on the list of people coming, the other Eddie Bauer gal, I thought she cancelled???? Carol site 64

Mrs. S and I will arrive around noonish tomorrow.
What cell service do you have? I have AT&T and I get service there. Not 3G, just regular service.

Hopefully the weather dosent get bad enough that you loose your cats, but we will keep an eye out on our way in.

What kind of things are you looking for?

The other lady with the Eddie did cancel.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #233
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Mrs. S and I are at Mill Creek now and just finished visiting with screamstream and got her awning fixed up.

AT&T service is ok. Two bars to full service.

We will head back here tomorrow and get setup.
See yawl soon.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #234
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Traildog & Sphere guy, doesn't look like we're going to make the caravan Friday morning. We will most likely not get on the road until later Friday afternoon. Both Kerry and I are covered up at work and can't be gone all day. I was out of the office last Thursday and Friday sick and that put me way behind. I'm hoping to knock some things out in the morning and head home at lunch. Get the trailer ready and waiting for when she gets home and we can take off.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #235
1 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Fresno , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_addict View Post
Traildog & Sphere guy, doesn't look like we're going to make the caravan Friday morning.
No worries bike_addict. Remember to take your time with everything and get there safely. That's the main thing.

To all of you that are going to the Rally this week, be careful on the trail. Can't wait to see all the Airstreams and proud owners all in one place. That's going to be way cool. It will be good to put some faces with the names.

Most of all, let's have some fun and forget about our hectic work schedules (for some of us).

Happy trails to you!

--
Traildog
Traildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #236
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
All Packed up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildog View Post
Most of all, let's have some fun and forget about our hectic work schedules (for some of us).Traildog
Amen to that statement!

Well Mrs. S and I are all packed up and ready to go. We will head out in the morning and be there around noon.

We have alittle storm moving through right now but its not giving us any rain. Or at least not at my house.

But the weekend forecast calls for cooler and Sunny so looks like we are going to have a great weekend.

If anyone thinks they may have a hard time finding the park or would just like to have a contact from me in case they need it just PM me and I be glad to give it to you.

Screamstream brought up the point that theres not much around, well theres not much around the park. Theres a store for food and small supplies less than five miles North of the RV park. Jasper is 15-20 miles from the park and they have any thing you would ever need.

Looking forward to having a good time with everyone. As Traildog said lets have a good time and safe travels to everyone heading to the Piney Woods!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #237
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Pearland , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith84

Amen to that statement!
I second that.

Positive news is that I just got the call I've been waiting for. My AS is ready for pickup and they say that they have tested it and it's draining good.

Huge relief. I haven't been able to shake a bad feeling that something else was going to go wrong and I wasn't going to have a trailer this weekend.

We'll do our own testing this weekend but regardless I'm just glad I have something to hook up to on Friday.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #238
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Great News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike_addict View Post
I second that.

Positive news is that I just got the call I've been waiting for. My AS is ready for pickup and they say that they have tested it and it's draining good.

Huge relief. I haven't been able to shake a bad feeling that something else was going to go wrong and I wasn't going to have a trailer this weekend.

We'll do our own testing this weekend but regardless I'm just glad I have something to hook up to on Friday.

Hey thats great news! Glad your going to have your trailer for the rally.

We will see yall on Friday! Looking forward to meeting you and your family.
Be safe on your way to the rally!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #239
4 Rivet Member

2005 19' Safari
Austin , Texas
Hi All,

Sadly, we are going to have to bow out of coming to Mill Creek this weekend. You guys have a great time!

Lynn
lcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #240
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Bummer

Bummer, yet another cancel.
Sorry you cant make it out to join us lcurrie. Hope we get to meet up later on at a different rally.
Thanks for letting us know.

Have a great weekend!