Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-14-2006, 08:01 AM   #41
4 Rivet Member

Van, Don, and Chris, Please check you PM box for details. Darol
Darol Ingalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:02 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
Eugene , Oregon
Darol-

I want to be sure you got our check. We're looking forward to the rally.

Brad
Kintscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:28 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Check is on the way.
Thanks Don
NorCal Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 10:38 PM   #44
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
I need an address to send the check..
2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:19 AM   #45
4 Rivet Member

So far, I have only four reservations for this rally. Need at least 8 by next Friday. I will not post my address on this site, so for a mailing address, PLEASE email me directly at landyachtdoc@earthlink.net. Thanks, Darol
Old 05-21-2006, 11:26 PM   #46
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
I'll mail a check in the morning.
2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:25 PM   #47
4 Rivet Member

Looks like we'll get enough folks to make this rally happen. I have five deposits now with two more supposedly on the way. By the end of June there should be several more sign up. Looks like we're going to have a rainy Memorial Day weekend so maybe the July 4th holiday week will be dry and sunny! Still hoping to arrange a visit to the International Rally sometime over the weekend. Other suggestions for activities/entertainment are welcome. Darol
Old 05-23-2006, 10:56 PM   #48
Van
4 Rivet Member

1977 23' Safari
Hillsboro , Oregon
Sorry Darol but as it looks right now we wont be able to make it.
former '77 23' Safari owner
former 25' Fun Finder X-250BHS SOB owner
current 26' Komfort Trailblazer 262BSLE SOB owner
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:05 AM   #49
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1968 28' Ambassador
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Hi Darol, I mailed the check today. You should have it by Friday. Let me know if you get it or not. I think you will have enough by rally time. Lookin forward to campin !

Chris
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:27 PM   #50
4 Rivet Member

Holding with the tradition of northwest weather, we've just suffered through another rainy Memorial Day weekend. SO--that should mean that the July 4th weekend will be nice! The Silver Falls rally is ON. I have seven trailers registered as of now. Besides myself, I have the following: Roberts, Grey, Kintscher, East, Ecker, and Johnson. If you don't appear and think you should, let me know. There will be plenty of spaces available through June and probably will be some at the last minute, so if you can't make plans just yet and want to show up on July 1st, that should be OK. The mix of trailers attending will be varied. So far the range is from '63 to '89 and from 16' to 25'. We need a motorhome! Darol
Old 06-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #51
4 Rivet Member

Three weeks to our rally and we have 8 trailers registered. They are as follows: Ingalls, Roberts, Grey, Kintscher, East, Ecker, Johnson, Burr. There are at least 17 spaces left, so anyone deciding to attend from now on should simply show up and register when they arrive. I plan to arrive early afternoon on Saturday to confirm the 8 on the list. I'll bring some firewood, a couple extra chairs, blue tarp for rain insurance, and a generator for emergency battery failure (remember, no hookups), and some tools. Time to start thinking of evening entertainment, tall tales, and favorite camptime food. Tell your firends - lets find some more Airstreams! Darol
Old 06-09-2006, 10:42 PM   #52

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Ok, I had about 7 people on my list of folks interested in mini-rally, so I emailed all of them. I'll let you know if we get any bites!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:20 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Darol, will we have assigned camp sites? Maybe you already have answered this question. If you did I missed it.
Thanks Don

I Just looked at the Silver Falls info and answered my own question. Thanks
NorCal Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:19 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I am planning a day trip to come see you all, or a night raid. Turns out I will be attending the International afterall.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:35 AM   #55
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
Eugene , Oregon
Does anyone know if there are rules about visit the International rally in Salem? Are there day fees? Do you have to be a WBCCI member?

Brad
Kintscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:57 AM   #56
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintscher
Does anyone know if there are rules about visit the International rally in Salem? Are there day fees? Do you have to be a WBCCI member?

Brad
Each year the location is different, so the particulars vary. However, you would most likely be able to wander on the grounds of the "Silver City" without to much problem. Especially during the Vintage Open House which is scheduled for Friday this year. There are no "Day Fees". However, parking nearby may be an issue. You won't be able to park on-site without being an attendee and depending on the set-up I'm not sure of the parking opportunities nearby. On most days, people are out sight-seeing and attending rally events during the day so nobody's "home" outside of the Open House time. The seminars, meetings, entertainment or vendor display areas generally are closed to the public, you need to have a name badge and ribbon to attend these.

Keep in mind the main focus of the rally and scheduling of events is for club members and attendees...not the general public. It's one of the benefits of membership ~ nobody who wants to attend will be turned away...just the level of involvement is limited. It costs money to produce this rally, attendees foot the bill and reap the benefits.

If you do come by, be sure to stop by the 30 amp Vintage Parking area and say "Hi"

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 04:38 PM   #57
4 Rivet Member

Some last-minute details: Check-in time Saturday, July 1 is listed as 4 PM, however, I'll try to be there at least by 2 PM with the list of those already registered so you won't be delayed at the gate. No assigned spaces. With 25 spaces available and only 8 trailers registered, we should have our pick! Of course that means that anyone deciding to attend at the last minute has a very good chance at getting a space. I'm bringing my generator in case any batteries run low, firewood for a couple evenings, extra chairs, toolbox, and, of course, an umbrella as anti-rain insurance. The park does not allow fireworks so please respect that rule since I cannot afford the fine. Pets must be on leash. Hope to see everyone Saturday - have a safe trip! Darol
Old 06-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #58
_

. , .
hi silver falls folks....

there is an open house day......i'll look it up and post later....

also a guest/visitor pass can be had for 1 day.....

they had some breakins last week, so security has been beefed up....
currently we are locked in at 10pm.....but this is supposed to stop when the real rally begins.....

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:14 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
hi silver falls folks....

there is an open house day......i'll look it up and post later....

also a guest/visitor pass can be had for 1 day.....

currently we are locked in at 10pm.....but this is supposed to stop when the real rally begins.....

cheers
2air'
So you're there!!!.......When did you arrive??......Justintime for the heat wave?? We'll be coming up from Corvallis on Wednesday. We may just stay 4 days depending on if we tire of the goingson........then may head up to Silver Falls......to boondock for a coupleadays and meet our old friends up there. Sounds like there's room for us if we decide to "make a break "
Hope you're enjoying Oregon!
BTW, the Beavers are playing the Tarheels in the College World Series (Game 1) in Omaha as I speak. Go Beavs!!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:45 PM   #60

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
I hate to be a negative nelly, but my only experience with Salem involves having my car stereo stolen while I was picking someone up at the hospital, so when I heard international was going to be there, I must admit I wasn't thrilled. Lets hope nothing else happens to dampen the celebrations!

I'm looking forward to Silver Falls. We're bringing the dogs because I don't want them home alone getting scared of the neighbor's fireworks. Because of the dogs I don't know if we'll head over to international even if we could. I'm looking forward to a restful weekend at the park and gathering around the campfire!

See you all there!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote