Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #281
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
As Al Haig once said.. I'm in charge here...

Doorgunner - I really am committed to log in more often than once a month, and will take over mystic map plus Q&A from those attending or those who are thinking of attending.. As laughable as it may seem to some, Retirement 2.0 really is "just around the corner.." and should officially commence in late March or beginning of April..

So here is a quick summary, and update on some of the "Official Rules" of the Casini Ranch/Russian River Weekend Airstream Festival...
  • There are no terrible sites, but central area (full hookups) are good, and Row F is closest of next group, but will require some use of reverse gear.. There are dual dump stations for those with water and electric only, though I must admit using them in pouring rain and kneeling in 3" of standing water is not exactly enjoyable...
  • IF you have a central site and have to cancel for some reason, please let me know by PM first so we can try to fill it with another Airstream, instead of strangers in white boxes or diesel pusher motor homes.. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...)
  • There will be listings provided of Forum Names and Real Names, but no published Agenda's or Schedules.. Only two key times to remember: 5 PM Friday for cocktails/snacks and 6 PM Saturday for Pot Luck Dinner... (bring things you lke to eat, serve ~16 to 20 except for VInnie and his shrimp skewers...). Expect total dinner crowd at 75 people if you want to feed everyone.
  • No matter WHAT your GPS says, DO NOT drive up Highway 116 through Sebastapol if coming from the south unless you are on a motorcycle.. Take Highway 101 to River Road exit north of Santa Rosa, and drive serenely west through Guerneville along the north bank of the river to the Casini turnoff
  • Saturday is a good time to visit other trailers, or you could try kayaking, fishing, wine tasting, antiquing, canoeing or napping...
  • If you're in a remote site, and wish to move to central sites if one opens up, send me PM as well, and I'll maintain a waiting list of candidates to switch...
Beyond that, I understand Kathy is continuing to recover and feeling better after surgeries, but keep good thoughts coming, as recovery is going to take a while...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #282
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Spoken like a true statesman!

Thanks John!

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #283
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Kathy update

Kathy is home! First part of our journey to recovery
So many thanks to all of you for your prayers and thoughts.
Jeff
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #284
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
John aka statesman, I'll try to remember to send you the spreadsheet for you to manage.
If you are creating a list for any vacancies in the full hookup sites you can direct them to my ebay listing for ours! Ha Ha
Kathy asked how many days until the rally..... don't count us out yet she whispered before she dozed off.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:34 PM   #285
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
1960 24' Tradewind
1961 16' Bambi
Oakland , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalview View Post
Kathy asked how many days until the rally..... don't count us out yet she whispered before she dozed off.
She's a trooper! We're so glad that Kathy's home.

We'll think good thoughts and hope that she'll be rallying soon.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:08 AM   #286
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalview
Kathy is home! First part of our journey to recovery
So many thanks to all of you for your prayers and thoughts.
Jeff
I'm so happy to hear that Kathy is home and on the road to recovery. Serious healing energy is on it's way to her. I think we'll be seeing you at Casini.

Lots of love.

Cam
Hit'the'road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #287
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Side trip on the way to Casini

Welcome home Kathy!!! Looking forward to meeting you on my trip to California. (visit my Brother in Monterrey)

I am planning a side trip to the north as I come to Casini...up by Rushmore. I will take pictures to share, with all there, of the relatively unknown Canadian side of Mt. Rushmore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mt. Rushmore...Canadian side.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	122973  
Old 02-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #288
Lili Lettice Leatherby

1982 28' Airstream 280
MIDDLE ENGLAND , The Cottage
Quote:
John aka statesman, I'll try to remember to send you the spreadsheet for you to manage.
If you are creating a list for any vacancies in the full hookup sites you can direct them to my ebay listing for ours! Ha Ha
Just about to retire for the evening,we would just like to say the 3 of us are relieved the news is of good cheer and wish you a swift recovery
The Leatherby family
TinCrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:30 PM   #289
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
That's our girl!!!

Quote:
Way to go, Kathy . We may see you at Casini yet, Jeff!

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 02-24-2011, 05:57 PM   #290
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Smile Great News about Kathy at home!!

I think you have up until 72 hours to cancel so no need to rush into it...

I also suspect we can set up the "recovery buffet" on a separate table at the dinner, with Jello, Applesauce, Pudding, Liquid protein drinks, etc.... I'm sure there will be volunteers to bring these... The Margarita Ball may be off-limits, however...

In the meantime, good luck trying to get needed rest and relaxation, and for surprise-free and speedy recovery.

I've started a file of names and possible moves, and wanted to assure any others looking that it is completely OK to contact Casini directly, make a reservation, let me know by Private Message or on sign-up Forum page which site and dates, and just show up.. Bring food, plan to meet and socialize with other Airstream owners, and don't worry about the small stuff...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Old 02-24-2011, 09:37 PM   #291
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Rally site Map

This maybe my last site layout map update.
John check your email for the excel rally spreadsheet.
Any problems with it let me know.
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Casini site layout 02-24-11.GIF
Views:	141
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	123027  
Old 02-25-2011, 08:05 AM   #292
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
49 days remaining!
Less for the retired folks.. jealous..
Great news on Kathy! I bet we see you guys at Casini.. Thanks for the help John!

Vinnie

Old 02-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #293
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
As the dyslectic Frenchman said after eating oversize violin: Et Voila!

Now we're on it... Attached is mild update of the Master Layout Map of Casini, courtesy of Jeff.. Though the miracle of flying 1's and Zero's, I have Master now and will keep updating... Talked to Jeff this morning, and Kathy's biggest challenge at this point at home is finding time between well-wishing to get needed rest.. That is a terrific sign!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Feb25_CasiniLAyout.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	123078  

Old 02-25-2011, 08:10 PM   #294
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Thanks, John, for stepping up to the....pot luck plate. GET WELL, Kathy.
Neil
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #295
3 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Rogue River , Oregon
Thumbs up Casini

We are so glad Kathy is home, that means she will be ready to party soon, well maybe not too soon. Hope to see Jeff, Collin & Kathy at Casini. We are looking forward to seeing old & new friends.
geezernbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:54 AM   #296
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
Airstream Funeral Coach
Citrus Heights , California
divide & conquer

I see on the sign up page that 27 folks have placed their intent to attend this shindig!!
as Miley Cirus says--That's pretty cool, hey.
I've not met 9 of these attendees, that 1/3. so how does one divide this up, if there's a odd total , slice up someone? or just feed someone to 1&1/3 their size? or just leave it alone. probably huh.
these cosmic questions continue to haunt me in the early morning hours.
must be a lot of broken keyboards out there.
back to the kayak thing, last time---anyone else bringing their watercraft??
Is "Justified" a great show or what?

also noticed at the bottom of the page a comparison of posts from past years rallies-- seems as fewer are posting, back to the broken keyboard thing.gas up now before fuel hits six bucks, yup you heard it here, 6 $$$. time for sign language thing

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:18 PM   #297
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner View Post
also noticed at the bottom of the page a comparison of posts from past years rallies-- seems as fewer are posting, back to the broken keyboard thing.gas up now before fuel hits six bucks, yup you heard it here, 6 $$$. time for sign language thing
The keyboard works fine, just need someone to have time to use it. The hand doctor says I can still type so...I'm typing.
Starting to get the TerraYacht ready, it has not been out all winter: last Fall I had some roof sealing done, modified the speaker hookups for better tunes, got a new sewer setup to try out, nursing a sick kitty, Andrea is taking him to acupuncture Tuesday, and, unlike some of our 'Streamers, I still have an RJ (real job).
We are looking forward to Casini, 7 weeks or so, & my sister-and brother-in-law may join us in their SOB.
TerraYacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #298
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraYacht View Post
The keyboard works fine, just need someone to have time to use it. The hand doctor says I can still type so...I'm typing.
Starting to get the TerraYacht ready, it has not been out all winter: last Fall I had some roof sealing done, modified the speaker hookups for better tunes, got a new sewer setup to try out, nursing a sick kitty, Andrea is taking him to acupuncture Tuesday, and, unlike some of our 'Streamers, I still have an RJ (real job).
We are looking forward to Casini, 7 weeks or so, & my sister-and brother-in-law may join us in their SOB.
Acupuncture for the kitty? Yikes!

I know what you mean.. the airstream was put away in her shelter after Jackson and hasnt moved yet..

With diesel at $4.19 this morning it wont move until Casini...

Old 02-28-2011, 11:01 PM   #299
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Jeff,
I thought this thread was cold then I check in for a shocker! (Thanks to Cam for the heads up) I am at a loss for words and in shock to hear the bad news about Kathy. I am devastated but also happy to hear Kathy is home in her bed and in recovery mode. I am a big believer in the power of positive thinking and I will not even entertain the idea that my old neighbors at every single NorCal rally will be missing at Casini. No way! I will call you tomorrow Jeff for a quick check in with you. I join all the good people on this thread to send my love and positive thoughts to the Ray family. I love you guys!
Dan

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #300
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Land Yacht 30 SL
Castro Valley , California
We have been, quietly, sending our thoughts and energy to Kathy as well. I recall a study last year that claimed that people who had others working/focusing/praying on their getting better had better outcomes than people who were not getting that external energy focus. Its one of those things that one cannot explain with objective facts, but it works. No need to post, just send your energies out. A friend in Mariposa has just had some news about his pancreatic cancer being less serious than origninally thought. Our friends on this chat board need the same energy...you know who they are.
TerraYacht is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casini ranch, rally