Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: What weekend in October? Select 2 weekends
October 6-8 6 46.15%
October 13-15 5 38.46%
October 20-22 7 53.85%
October 27-29 2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2006, 10:07 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
NorCal Rally, Lake San Antonio, October 20-22

Hey all you NorCal Ralliers! Lets start voting for a weekend in October for our rally at Lake San Antonio (Monterey County). Lake San Antonio is in beautiful California Oak country. There are many things to do but I never seem to get away from the campground during the rallies. But there is fishing, swimming, hiking, boating, biking, bird watching, wine tasting, and much more. It is a big county campground with full hookups. There are two campgrounds and I was thinking the North Shore, which I camped in before our Pismo Rally. It was really nice. I know we will have fun there. Here is the website:http://www.lakesanantonio.net/

We need to decide on a weekend early because everyone will need to make their own reservations or just come without. When I was there last October, 2/3 of the park was open so getting sites together without reservations shouldn't be a problem.

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
October is a good month for both Rosemary and me. Count us in.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:34 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Rally planning already? October should be a great time anywhere around the lake. Here's a link of the campground areas:
http://www.mtycounty.com/pgs-parks/p...y/san-ant.html
I'd say Redonda Vista Camping area on the last weekend of October. We can get that extra hour of sleep at the lake sunday morning
(Daylight savings ends)
Jeff
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 31' Classic
Golden Valley , Arizona
Any weekend is good for us as long as we know by September so Roxie can request it off.
Roger & Roxie (rore62) Smith (Air#178 - WBCCI#1646)
On the road!
2012 31' Classic - Nuestra casa rodante
Blog: https://www.casarodante.org - Old Airstream slides: https://airstream.casarodante.org
casarodante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:20 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
I agree with Jeff. Redonda Vista would be great because it's away from the lake and that means nobody will be at that campground and we will have it to ourselves. And I like the idea of having the extra hour of sleep on that last weekend. Cool!

Come rally with us.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
The earlier the better...

I voted for first weekend, but any weekend other than 15th will work. Salinas Air Show is likely to be first weekend, so traffic up and down 101 might be heavy.

Last weekend won't require us to leave home unprotected over Halloween, but I tend to value daylight more than sleep...

John McG

Any other Nor-Cal Forum members headed to Salem? We won't be joining 5 day drive up by local WBCCI chapter... Plan to head up real early on 26th..

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:08 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
I realize this is hard (impossible) to predict, but what might the weather be like early in October versus later in the month?

BMW X3 xDrive 28D
Old 06-02-2006, 07:21 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Poll statistics...

The poll stats are interesting so far. Apparently, the percentage results use the number of respondents as the denominator. Although there have been 8 respondents who could have voted twice each, there are only 12 dates selected. So, we get the odd result that 6 of 12 equals 75%.

I've been out of school for quite a few decades. Perhaps this is the new, new math of which I am unaware.

Can you spell innumeracy?

BMW X3 xDrive 28D
Old 06-02-2006, 08:52 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
mike, i only voted one time. perhaps other folks only voted once...
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Vote secrecy?

On the eve of California election (thank goodness the tasteless attack ads will soon stop!) you should know that you can see WHO voted for what on the poll results by clicking on the blue number links to the right of the bars in the results panel...

Thus Coastalview, Myoung and Big Dee voted for several choices of weekends to get the poll off to a good start... Not sure under rules of election whether popular vote or event host get final say on which weekend we go.. I just am looking forward to summer and camping...

>> And there may be an ad hoc weekend outing in July to Sierra Foothills if I can get act together and act more like retired person than contractor...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Actually, I like voting transparency. In that way, the Chicago voting rules are invalidated. BTW, two date choices per respondent were encouraged.

Love the idea of going to the foothills in July. While at the Russian River Rally, Big Dee suggested Lassen or thereabouts in August. Also, a capital suggestion. Rosemary and I would be happy to join both.

BMW X3 xDrive 28D
Old 06-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #12
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung
I realize this is hard (impossible) to predict, but what might the weather be like early in October versus later in the month?
I camped there early in October a few years ago, and it was very nice during the day, with cool evenings and nights. Actually, just a litle warmer than Pismo at night. The Redondo Vista Campground is quite nice, although dusty. It's close to the Lake, but far enough away to not be bothered by hte power boats and their associated noise.
There's amuch hiking andmountainbiking possible there, as well as the usual Lake activities.
Count us in. We will vote for a weekend once we figure out our schedules.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:18 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoluminum
(thank goodness the tasteless attack ads will soon stop!) John McG
Amen. Good ridence to those attack ads. I choose to make the poll transparent so people could see who voted for what. I would say that popular vote will win but minus those votes from people we don't know and who don't post. Not sure why they are voting anyway but they shouldn't affect the results.

I voted for the end of the month because there are less crowds and cooler weather. I was there before the Pismo rally and it was simply perfect. Warm but not hot and very empty in the day and cool, very dark and quiet at night. I didn't have any neighbors whatsoever. I very much enjoyed my night there.

I will be taking a roadtrip up to central Oregon in August via Reno. If anybody would like to meet me at one of my stops, let me know. There will be sites available at all my stops even without reservations so think about joining me.

Come rally with us.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
hey big dee, if your going to be around reno in august, go further north and east to gerlach, nv, and join us at burnstream court, burningman. event strats monday august 28th...
Old 06-07-2006, 12:55 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbo10
hey big dee, if your going to be around reno in august, go further north and east to gerlach, nv, and join us at burnstream court, burningman. event strats monday august 28th...
Hey Kevbo,

You're going to Burningman? So cool! Have you been part of Burnstream Court before? I am on the listserve for Burnstream Court and get all the news. I am unable to attend because school always opens the week before Burningman and I can not miss the opening week of school. But I have a dream of some day being part of Burnstream Court.

I will be stopping at Boomtown for 3 nights in middle of August if anyone is interested. Then I am off for Lakeview Oregon which has a fantastic RV park on a huge Ranch. After that its off to Lapine State Park near Bend. If anybody would like to meet up, let me know.

Come rally with us.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:14 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
For us the first weekend is the best and we can not make the last one. Would love to come up and see everyone again
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:19 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
big dee, my sixth time at burningman and my first time camping at burnstream court. i'm looking forward to making new aluminum friends, but not looking forward to cleaning my trailer after 7 days in a dust bowl. however on the burnstream listserve, there was a great suggestion on cleaning: take EVERYTHING out of the trailer, open all vents and windows, turn on the electric leaf blower, and well, blow like heck... i thought that was a pretty good tip... but hay, what do i know. kevbo
Old 06-08-2006, 11:21 AM   #18
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
For us, Oct. 6-8 would also work best.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:20 AM   #19
Creampuff

2022 27' Flying Cloud
2016 25' International
Airstream - Other
Malibu , California
Yup!

We'd love to come and see all you NorCal folks again. not sure about Kay's work schedule but we'll try to come whichever weekend everyone decides.
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:37 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoluminum
I voted for first weekend, but any weekend other than 15th will work. Salinas Air Show is likely to be first weekend, so traffic up and down 101 might be heavy.

Last weekend won't require us to leave home unprotected over Halloween, but I tend to value daylight more than sleep...

John McG

Any other Nor-Cal Forum members headed to Salem? We won't be joining 5 day drive up by local WBCCI chapter... Plan to head up real early on 26th..
John, I plan on being at the Salinas Air Show, a coworker already has a reserved box for us
Jeff
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote