Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-23-2006, 07:09 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
german language ignoramus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingoes
jawohl, uberlanders!
So I say to my husband...."What does ja wall mean?" I spell it for him, yelling into the other room. He yells back..."Google it!" So I do...."It's German, honey."

You see my husband is German and he rarely understands any word that is German when I read it. He comes into the room to look at the post and in his best Colonel Klink, he translates.

Some day I'll learn more German than Uber, Under, hosen, and schwartz.
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:28 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
"ein bier bitte"

That's all the German a person needs to know.

My parents both immigrated here from "ze old country". In fact, I was the first kid born here in the U.S., so I grew up speaking it and have visited many times. Unfortunately, my parents' experiences there growing up were not good, so since my grandfather passed, we haven't visited. But I have all sorts of phrases to throw out:

"Ausgezeichnet!" (Outstanding!!)
"Verdammtnochmal!" (Gosh darn it!)
"Schrecklich!!" (Horrible!!)

...and everyone made me translate the song about 99 red balloons in high school.

Uwe's got tons of them, too.

And they say Germans don't do comedy. Ha!
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:29 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
What do I bring besides my charm and elegance?
Old 02-07-2006, 11:42 AM   #24
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
I'm coming solo. First rally ever.

Big Dee, et al.

Although my wife will be away that weekend, I've determined that I can get back home in time to pick her up from SFO late Sunday afternoon. So, I can attend the rally along with our two dogs: Chelsea and Marley.

I don't think it will be too difficult to hookup the trailer by myself or back it into its space at the Napa Sea Ranch when I return as long as I take my time and get out frequently to check progress.

I was thinking about arriving on Thursday rather than Friday when the group reservations start. I'd like to get in some photography around the Russian River and along the coastline. Lots of excellent places for photo shoots. So the question is whether the resort management will assign me a space in the reserved area a day early. Whom should I contact about this and what should I say so that I won't have to move on Friday.

Anticipating a food assignment, may I offer a Tuscan tuna and bean salad over arugula? It's one of the few dishes involving more than one ingredient that I know by heart.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:35 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
hey mike- great news! it will be great to meet you. unhooking/hooking is no problem. i always am doing it by myself. and you know the trick to backing up, just get out and check. frequently. no problem then.

as for getting extra days. it will not be a problem. just call Casini, tell them your with the group Airstream Forums and make a reservation for the extra days. really shouldn't be a problem at all.

my dogs will love to meet your dogs too. they just love to go camping. and cant wait to try tuna and bean salad over arugula. sounds awesome!

Casini Rally List
1) Big Dee
2) Coastalview
3) Globie64
4) FattRatt
5) myoung

Also Attending
pinkflamingoes

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Well, guys and gals.......I am sorry to say we will have to miss the Spring Rally AGAIN this year!!! We made sure to schedule our trip to Anza-Borrego earlier, but I am taking an already-paid-for digital camera course on April 29th. Bummer...

Have a wonderful time, and post some pics so we can be with you from a distance! See you in the fall...

Dee & Paul

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 02-11-2006, 06:06 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbler5
We made sure to schedule our trip to Anza-Borrego earlier, but I am taking an already-paid-for digital camera course on April 29th. Bummer...

Have a wonderful time, and post some pics so we can be with you from a distance! See you in the fall...

Dee & Paul
Hope you have a place on the web where we can see the results of your Anza-Borrego trip. That's one of the places right up near the top of my planning schedule. I too want to exercise the digital camera there. Have you seen the discussion about forum "affinity rallies" that could be built around interests like photography?

BMW X3 xDrive 28D
Old 02-11-2006, 06:19 PM   #28
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Address?

I just tried to mapquest the place, but it does not come up.
I wonder how far this is from Orange, CA? Actually I know how long it takes to get to SF, so I would need a driving ( towing) time from SF to Casini Ranch. I am going to check my schedule and see if I can sneak away long enough to join you.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:10 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung
Hope you have a place on the web where we can see the results of your Anza-Borrego trip. That's one of the places right up near the top of my planning schedule. I too want to exercise the digital camera there. Have you seen the discussion about forum "affinity rallies" that could be built around interests like photography?
Hi Mike and Rosemary,

I haven't seen the "affinity" rallies....will go check that out shortly!

Back in the late 1970's and early 1980's, I used to tent camp every spring at Anza-Borrego....I am trying to get back into that habit (but with the AS) now that my kids are both away at college, and last year was the first of many! My digital camera got LOTS of exercise last spring, between the herps and the flowers. I try to combine the trip with a visit with friends and relatives....by inviting them to make reservations and join us at the campground. So far, it is working out!

btw....I have also lived in West Marin....back in my park ranger days.

Have fun at Casini!

Dee

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 02-11-2006, 07:16 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Uwe,

Casini Ranch is along the Russian River in the town of Duncans Mills. Just go north on Route 101 and turn west on River Road a.k.a. Route 116. The turnoff is north of Santa Rosa. Nice ride. It's beautiful along the river and coastline this time of year.

BMW X3 xDrive 28D
Old 02-12-2006, 06:30 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Pope Valley , California
I'm coming!

Yikes, I haven't been paying attention to the forum and missed the beginning of this thread. Of course, I wouldn't miss this rally. I can hardly wait.

I may head over to Casini next weekend (we have a 4 day holiday for Presidents Day). Of course I need to check to make sure the river is under control... Airstream as boat... bad idea. Anybody want to rally earlier than April? Come on by.
Hit'the'road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:44 PM   #32
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit'the'road
Of course I need to check to make sure the river is under control... Airstream as boat... bad idea. .
On our maiden voyage the resemblance to a floating trip became all too real. I can attest that Airstreams do reasonably well in high water. See our photos at http://www.airforums.com/photo...00&userid=9539

BMW X3 xDrive 28D
Old 02-12-2006, 09:33 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Hey

[quote=uwe]Actually I know how long it takes to get to SF, so I would need a driving ( towing) time from SF to Casini Ranch quote]

Hour, hour and 1/2 from SF. Maybe slightly longer, towing. You'd be a great addition to the party and we could talk tanks. Come on Uwe!! Russian River is primo wine country. Korbel is right there!
Old 02-12-2006, 11:46 PM   #34
1 Rivet Member

2000 19' Bambi
Mountain View , California
Too bad! I am on call that weekend. We have not been to a rally yet and that would have been a good first rally for us. Maybe next year
sofron52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:45 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Cam- So glad you can make it. I mean it just wouldn't be the same at Casini without you. Looking forward to another of your fancy happy hour drinks!

Dee and Paul- We will miss you again. I hope you guys can make Casini one of these times. You just have to stop making plans for April.

sofron52- Sorry it didnt work out. Hopefully you will be able to make the spring rally at Lake San Antonio in October. Keep a look out for the thread this summer.

uwe- i think its a little too far for a weekend for you. I mean you got caught in so much traffic last time and it was 5 hours closer. But if you can swing a day off or two, then come because Casini is really, really nice place. Redwoods, eagles, salmon, river, and wine. What could be nicer?

Casini Rally List
1) Big Dee
2) Coastalview
3) Globie64
4) FattRatt
5) myoung
6) hit'the'road

Also Attending
pinkflamingoes

Come rally with us.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:37 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Eagle River , Alaska
I'm headed from Alaska to California by April and would like to attend...but have NO idea where Casini Ranch is. Perhaps more specific location information would draw more travelers such as us. Thanks
Safari64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:14 AM   #37
4 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Eagle River , Alaska
Oh, read entire thread and there it is. Thanks
Safari64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:02 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Safari64- let me know if you want to be on the official list. If you are coming down hwy101 then its a perfect stop for you. Would love to hear some Alaska stories so I hope it works out and you can make the rally. Russian River region is one of my favorites in CA so come see it with friends. It's up there on my very favorite spots, along with Big Sur. Let me know if you want a rally site.

Come rally with us.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:34 PM   #39
4 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
Petaluma , California
Dreamin'....

I hope that we're finished with our dinette installation by rally time! We got a wee bit ambitious last weekend and tore out the gaucho. I guess we were tired of cranking our necks sideways at breakfast with that ridiculous pull-out table. So now we have two camping chairs and a milk crate on which to dine. Lovely....

So what I'm trying to say is, that we would like to join you at the rally, pending the outcome of our remodel. Last year was great and hopefully we won't have too much rain. RAIN! I didn't really say that, did I?

Cheers!

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results".
Sir Winston Churchill
Luminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:12 AM   #40
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Karin & Mark, I hope you can make the rally! We have the same thought about the front gaucho. If we don't up grade to larger trailer this year, my idea was very similar with a front dinette, with the street side bench extending to the refrigerator in our floor plan. Jeff
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote