Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-27-2006, 01:06 PM   #101
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Plenty of sunshine this time at Casini. I don't think you will have a problem filling in one of the full hookup sites. Dan, I'm sure will call you back, Jeff
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:19 PM   #102
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Tim- Awesome! I am stoked you can make it. Can't wait to see your new baby. You have such a beautiful family. The spot is yours. See you tomorrow.

Hey can you bring your Airstream DVDs? I now have a LCD projector and we can all watch some of your Airstream shows after dinner like a drive in. I've looked and looked for the DVD you gave me but can't find anywhere.

Again, sooo glad you can make it!

NorCal Fall Rally, Jackson Rancheria, October 7-9 2011 Click here for more info

Come rally with us.
Big Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #103
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim

1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
Thanks Dan.

Sure, I can bring some of them. I have the ones I showed you also, I have all the classic rides with their resotration. I can bring the one that came with the Wanderlust book too.

We should have a wide range of video fun!

I maybe setup to do an interview or two for theVAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee
Tim- Awesome! I am stoked you can make it. Can't wait to see your new baby. You have such a beautiful family. The spot is yours. See you tomorrow.

Hey can you bring your Airstream DVDs? I now have a LCD projector and we can all watch some of your Airstream shows after dinner like a drive in. I've looked and looked for the DVD you gave me but can't find anywhere.

Again, sooo glad you can make it!
Check out my book: Restoring a Dream
Check out my Airstream book for kids!: Airstream Adventures
theVAP - Airstream Podcast
Safari Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 05:00 PM   #104
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Okay, I'm at Casini now. Got here about 3 hours ago, actually. No problem getting sites. Of the 30 or 40 full hookup sites, only 4 are occupied. Me, a 5th wheel down on the end and two others that have a semi-permanent residence look.

Yes, sun, SUN, not a cloud in the sky. Beautiful breeze coming off the ocean, too. Not too hot, not too cold.

DVD's for projection. Didn't bring my collection but just the traveling set that consists of Strictly Ballroom, Romeo and Juliet, Casablanca, and Best in Show.

Internet speed is fine. Who says that the aluminum skin of the Airstream blocks the signal. Doesn't seem to be the case with my Mac.

Y'all come.

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:53 PM   #105
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Mike glad to see you are settled in. Here is what it looked like last year
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:29 PM   #106
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Alameda , California
Send a message via AIM to pinkflamingoes Send a message via Yahoo to pinkflamingoes
maybe

OK gang,

I was just informed that my daughter's softball team is having a makeup game this Saturday. I will try to come but I'm not sure I can make it. If I'm there, then you'll know I showed up!
pinkflamingoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:15 AM   #107
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
For those who are checking the Forum for updates before heading out, here's the weather forecast. Highs today and tomorrow 78. Yeah, Spring has finally arrived to rain-soaked California.

Kevin and I are here. Wait 'til you see his "vintage" setup. The power of eBay and the revival of "mid-century modern." I love that phrase. Can one born in 1945 be considered "mid-century modern" too?

The morning fog is about to burn off. It's 9:15 and I see the orb of the sun starting to shine thru.

The beer is in the fridge and will be there for the earliest to arrive. Can't say how long it will hold out. May have to make a run to the store later.

BMW X3 xDrive 28D
Old 04-30-2006, 05:57 PM   #108
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Well I made it home safe. Pretty easy drive again. Trailer is all put way for who knows how long? I am showered, and partly unpacked. Now heading out for some sushi. Life is good.

Thanks to everyone for another fantastic rally weekend. Man did we get spatucular weather or what? We had another potluck blowout and watching the Airstream videos with the projector really made it like a drive-in. Can't wait to watch "the Long, Long Trailer" next time. I have never seen it.

Very fun weekend. Thanks everyone!

Come rally with us.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #109
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim

1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
Thanks Big Dee

We made it too! Time to go back, too hot at home

Thanks Big Dee for putting another fine rally together.

Here are some pics I took....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	movietime.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	20916   Click image for larger version

Name:	feedtime.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	20917  

Name:	rallytime.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	20918  
Old 04-30-2006, 09:32 PM   #110
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
rally was a blast. very nice folks. cool trailers. outstanding camp ground and wifi to boot. i don't think it gets any better. kevin
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:35 AM   #111
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Sigh...

Driving up I-5 Saturday eve on way home from Business Meeting in San Diego I was wishing I was on the Russian River .. Gave up at Coalinga when bugs hitting windshield overwhelmed wipers and washers... BAHH!!

Sounds like a great weekend, and good weather which all of us in northern California have been waiting for..

In addition to Margarita Ball, we also have portable VHS player AND a perfect VHS edition of "The Long Long Trailer" with Lucy and Desi and many happy "Trailer People.." Now we just need another Rally to bring it to...

John McG (and Dianne)

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:08 PM   #112
4 Rivet Member

1964 17' Bambi II
Santa Cruz , California
another SIGH ;

Attending a BORING wedding all day Sat. , and all I could think about was camping at Casini Ranch. Dang!

Next year for sure.

Mark
S C Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:38 PM   #113
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Sounds like you had a most wonderful time.
How about a plan for the Norcal-South rally this fall? Is Lake San Antonio ( near Paso Robles) still in the running? I'd be all over that one!
Old 05-01-2006, 05:07 PM   #114
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Some other pics...

Chelsea, Marley, and I had a terrific time on our first rally. They especially enjoyed all the other four-legged Airstreamers.

Here are a few pics and, if you'd like to see more and larger pictures, please visit our web site at http://web.mac.com/mikero1/ and link to the photo albums where you will find the Casini pictures.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Casini_Apr2006_003.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	20963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Casini_Apr2006_001.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	20964  

Name:	Casini_Apr2006_010.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	20965   Click image for larger version

Name:	Casini_Apr2006_022.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	20966  

BMW X3 xDrive 28D
Old 05-01-2006, 06:22 PM   #115
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Mike- Wow! Those are nice pics. You really have some talent for photography (and the eqiupment!). I'll take a look at your photo album but post some more, please!

Uwe- The fall NorCal rally is set for Lake San Antonio in October. We just have to decide on a weekend thats good for everyone. We need to start thinking of dates soon so we can get our reservations in. Everyone will need to make their own reservations.

John- We sure missed you and Dianne. Many people were asking for you. Lets decide on a weekend in October so you won't miss that one. How's retirement going?

Kevbo- It was great to meet you. You should've got a prize for traveling the most distance to get to the rally. Lake San Anonio will save you 3 hours at least. Enjoy the Kern river coming up.

Mark- Hope to see you at Lake San Antonio for sure in October.

So everybody- lets decide on a weekend in October at Lake San Antonio. I'll start a thread soon so we can decide quick and we can all make reservations early.

Also- Cam, Mike, and I might try to meet up in August somewhere in northeastern Cali (Lassen/Lava Beds) or southeastern Oregon (Goose Lake) or central Oregon (Lapine/Bend). I will be through these areas in August for sure. Anybody free in August and might want to meet up with us? Think about it.

Come rally with us.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:03 PM   #116
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dee
Mike- Wow! Those are nice pics. You really have some talent for photography (and the eqiupment!). I'll take a look at your photo album but post some more, please!

Uwe- The fall NorCal rally is set for Lake San Antonio in October. We just have to decide on a weekend thats good for everyone. We need to start thinking of dates soon so we can get our reservations in. Everyone will need to make their own reservations.

John- We sure missed you and Dianne. Many people were asking for you. Lets decide on a weekend in October so you won't miss that one. How's retirement going?

Kevbo- It was great to meet you. You should've got a prize for traveling the most distance to get to the rally. Lake San Anonio will save you 3 hours at least. Enjoy the Kern river coming up.

Mark- Hope to see you at Lake San Antonio for sure in October.

So everybody- lets decide on a weekend in October at Lake San Antonio. I'll start a thread soon so we can decide quick and we can all make reservations early.

Also- Cam, Mike, and I might try to meet up in August somewhere in northeastern Cali (Lassen/Lava Beds) or southeastern Oregon (Goose Lake) or central Oregon (Lapine/Bend). I will be through these areas in August for sure. Anybody free in August and might want to meet up with us? Think about it.
Not to throw a wrench into anyone's planning, but the El Camino Real Unit in connection with the Region 12 VAC is planning a vintage rally from October 4 to 8 at Newport Dunes in Newport Beach.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:38 AM   #117
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
mike,

wow, nice pictures...

kevin
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:03 PM   #118
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbo10
rally was a blast. very nice folks. cool trailers. outstanding camp ground and wifi to boot. i don't think it gets any better. kevin
Kevin,
How you doing. We were parked down the road from you at the TCT outing in cottonwood earlier this year.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:47 PM   #119
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
san lorenzo , California
10/4 that was a great time at casinis. Debbie and i had fun touring all the different AS . Looking forward to the next time. Thank you all for your hospitality, and see you on the road .

dr. dan
dr. dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:02 PM   #120
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim

1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
It was fun. The first time out for my new son (6 months). It's cool that it was an Airstream rally!

It might be his last time in our '71 Safari though as we now have it on ebay. Five people in 20 feet living space is pretty cramp! Expecially when one is a teen with all his things (computers, ipods, cd players, dvds), and one is a baby with all his things (high chairs, diapers, play yards)!

We have to get a bigger trailer asap!

Lots of fun, thanks to everyone there. The movie on the side of the trailer was really cool.