Old 02-02-2004, 03:51 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

what time frame are we talkin?

Old 02-02-2004, 03:54 PM   #16

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Pick a date and we'll see who can make it then. My summer's pretty open still, and we'd definitly like to join in.

I'm the one who keeps posting about the Newberry Crater rally. It's hosted by the Oregon Unit of the WBCCI. Everyone with an AS is welcome to join us though. The post with all the details is in the Rally Zone section. It's August 13-16.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 04:15 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Janet is talking about the 3rd week in September for the Central Washington Bluegrass Festival.
I was thinking more in the June time frame.
Central Oregon or so.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:36 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

so far our lives are very up in the air for the summer. we have work here until june 5th, so we know we are here up until then.

i would say that we are in and if we have to back out at the last minute so be it, but we don't want to put our lives on hold and not make any plans.

i will go check out the newberry crater rally.

cheryl
Old 02-02-2004, 05:02 PM   #19
4 Rivet Member

My first attempt at posting a photo. If all fails have patience.

SHORT CUT TO CRATER LAKE !

DO NOT TAKE IT !

Somewhere in Washington State (can't recall the river 180ft. below), but I'll bet my Airstream the truck driver never forgets it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	truckoverbridge.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	4681  
Old 02-02-2004, 06:03 PM   #20

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I saw that one in the local paper. Said the guy got caught by a gust of wind. No one got hurt but the driver needed a clean pair of shorts - STAT!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 07:02 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Local connection!

So the beautiful state of Washington may be too far for us, urbanites from L.A. But we do have I have found a connection in this thread. The truck in the picture, is called Square Transportation and their yard is around the corner from my house in Whittier, Ca. The checkered flags are easily recognizable!
If you do plan to meet in Wa, post the dates and the girl and I
may find an illness to join you.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:10 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

where is the bluegrass festival? is it near "the gorge" in eastern washington? i was there for a ben harper/jack johnson concert last summer and it was gorgeous. i did not camp at the gorge, however, too many people.

cheryl
Old 02-03-2004, 09:15 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
The Bluegrass festival is heald at the fairgrounds in Moses Lake Wa.
Kind of neat, there were a hundred or so trailers and motorhomes in the camp. You will have to be able to stand all of the music. There are jam sessions that go on all night, really nice.
We did not get to do much playing last year because we had to work the show. Did get a little pick'n in on Thursday night though.
You can find them on the web, search for Central Washington Bluegrass Festival. There is currently nothing up for this year yet, but past years info is interesting.

On the original note:
I am looking into campsites around East Lake in Oregon for the rally. Just east of LaPine, Or.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:23 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Just a little info on the truck. The paper said it was Deception pass.
That is a bridge between Whidby Island and Fidalgo Island. It is an exceptional place to visit. There is a park just below the bridge and it is fun to watch the water from the Puget Sound try to get through the cut at a tide change. Quite a show just a spectacular place.
I would put that on my list of shows to see, but try and plan it with a large tide change happening.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:12 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

Round Rock , Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Janet's Husband
You will have to be able to stand all of the music. There are jam sessions that go on all night, really nice.
Sounds a lot like the Kerrville Folk Festival. I would hope anyone going to a music festival could "stand all of the music," but you can never tell. One morning at Kerrville a buddy and I walked past a camp where a wife was berating her husband because the people in the next camp were playing music all night (as if he could do anything about it). When she threatened to call security if the music went on the next night my buddy stopped and said:

"Hey lady. Did you see the sign on the entrance when you came in? This is a music festival. If you call security and tell them someone is playing music next door they'll bring their instruments and join in. Shut up and camp!"
Old 02-03-2004, 01:39 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
My wife Janet had applied to Kerrville, but wasn't accepted at that time, maybe the next CD will do the trick.
Then all we'll need is the time to do it.
I would Love to go to a music festival just to listen and play music.The sound company keeps us working a lot of weekends in the summer and fall.
Maybe next year.
Old 02-04-2004, 01:00 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

sounds good gary. let us know what you think. just unsure - was this in regards to the already planned central oregon rally or an entirely separate one (crater lake)?

about a year ago we camped in la pine at a state park and it was really nice. no airstream with us at that time, so i don't know what type of facilities they had.

and we love camping with music - no problems here!

cheryl
Old 02-27-2004, 12:35 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1975 29' Ambassador
1960 18' "Footer"
Belen , New Mexico
Is it still on?

Hey everyone!

I read this thread when it first started and thought the Crater Lake trip in June sounded like fun. We are planning to leave the Pacific Northwest in June to full-time and thought it would be a great "farewell" party
So... I thought I would resurrect this thread and see if there is still interest.
I'd be happy to help out with the planning, though I have to admit I've never been to a rally or even camped at a site with our new Airstream yet!

Maggie

PS. I'll be sure to order plenty of "Knock You Naked Margarita Mix" straight from Natchez, Mississippi to go with the Mexican Fiesta theme - The best margarita's ever!