Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
We are up for early June. Are there places to stay for those who have no trailer?

Steve
Old 04-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
Steve, I believe that this is the same place that was mentioned in Foiled Again's San Antonio thread. Their website says they have cabins. I also see that they have disc golf! Extra bonus!
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Just saw an ad for a 24' argosy here in StL. Dunno about their "Mods" like the textured wallpaper, but it may be descent enough to camp in for the summer. Will look into it if not sold.

They do have cabins at the bargain price of $135/night plus 6% for occupancy Tax...May only get a single night out of the misses at that rate, but we'll see what happens.

Steve
Old 04-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #24

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Just saw an ad for a 24' argosy here in StL. Dunno about their "Mods" like the textured wallpaper, but it may be descent enough to camp in for the summer. Will look into it if not sold.

They do have cabins at the bargain price of $135/night plus 6% for occupancy Tax...May only get a single night out of the misses at that rate, but we'll see what happens.

Steve
Have you seen pictures? Is it scary wallpaper? My Argosy24 has quite nice textured wallpaper replacing some of the laminates, and the previous owner did a great job installing the wallpaper. The curtains ain't my fave, but they cover the windows well enough... Someday I'll get around to redoing the curtains but I'll keep the wallpaper for the time being.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:07 AM   #25
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Johnson City , on the road
Thanks Melody Ranch we heard about the 98 flood 5 foot of water, this used to be a mobile home park than, after the flood it became a RV park. The new owners have had it for 5 years and been improving it every year it looks good now someone has told me at one time it was an airstream park but I have not been able to verify that. Steve the cabins are 135 a night they are nice but cost, I can look around the area and see if a better deal close by if you want maybe even a person in the park my rent a RV out that they are not using as we have some in storage for when people come to stay. also it looks like the rate may be 35 for the night Summer rate but I will check into that. yes we have disk gulf nice course,and a nice horse shoe pit, if any one wants to tube we rent them for $7. or bring your own we have a shuttle I run the shuttle, it is $5 but I will try to work out with the park free shuttle for tubing for our group. The 3rd -5th of June is the dates I am looking at we have about 25 open sites but will have to reserve a site soon as this place fills up in the summer, The weekend before is full already but thats a Holiday anyway. There is much to do in the area the town is nice with a great walking down town its a collage town so some good bars to check out. for the shopping people there is and outlet mall 5 minutes away it is one of the largest in the south.
We have a large BBQ cooker we have access to, for TX style cooking I think we can fit half a steer on it sounds like I will have to crank up the dutch oven and throw on some ribs in the cooker. the web site is Untitled Document let us know who wants in so we can start getting a count , and make you reservation soon if anyone wants to give a repair class we have a large rec room with Lg flat screen or pot luck we have the building. I plan on some cooking on Sat bring a dish I got the meat little mix of Cajun and TX BBQ. when looking for a site try and stay away from the 500s as no shade nice pull troughs but shade less will post more info as we get it. Patrick.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Sounds like it is an official rally. I would create a rally sign up page, and ask the MODS to change the title of the thread to something like, "Central Texas Rally" or something like that. This way people don't think east TX, and are more inclined to read up.

Since we would want to attend the whole weekend, the $135 is a little steep for just a place to sleep at night (That's all we're going to do there anyhow), and we dont need quite that much room with only Amy, myself, and a 6 year old. Please let me know other options.

As for the Argosy, I have not heard back from the owner yet.

Steve
Old 04-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Some Place with a German Name , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Westfalia
We can swing June 4-5 and maybe the 6th. I'd like to be there the evening of the 3rd but have my little girls dance recital in San Antonio that night. I need to see we could make it in any reasonable time on Friday. Would it be possible to do an early check-in on Saturday morning, provided a site was available? Seeing that I have a front bedroom model, a river back in spot (in the 400's) would be ideal if they are available. I'm open to suggestions.
Westfalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #28
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
That should be no problem at all. what you will see is trees towards the river as we are so high up on the banks it is like 50 or 60 feet from the river but nice to see the tree's as opposed to looking at trailers. you should make a reservation and ask for the 400's I will tell the office that people will start calling in , I think for most the 300's and 400.s will be best as puts us all together and close to river and BBQ area with gazebos
Old 04-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Hyde Park Place , Ohio
I would go if I can sleep in my truck and my health allows it. It'll be warm at night by then.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Park View Post
I would go if I can sleep in my truck and my health allows it. It'll be warm at night by then.
Don't think the 3 of us are pulling that one off! Don't think the missus would even consider that

Steve
Old 04-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Hyde Park Place , Ohio
Well, my missus is a bit more permissive than yours - during the heights of my pneumonia bout she asked me if I wanted to do skinny dipping at blue hole... though my friends say that's not permissiveness, that's attempted murder
Old 04-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

1959 22' Flying Cloud
Kingwood , Texas
Hello Scorpiontino. Sounds like you're putting together a fun weekend. I'm hoping that we can make it too but need to know if visitors will be allowed. My '77 Safari is undergoing an almost total restoration and work is going slowly so it won't be ready. We visit San Marcos often so it is definitely an area we're familiar with. I won't be making Glen Rose because of graduations in the family so this would be a great chance to talk "Airstream"!!
Robert Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #33
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
always welcome

Robert not a problem visitors are welcome always
Old 04-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Would love to come, May June better, a little summer heat makes swimming in those rivers refreshing.
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:39 AM   #35
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
For all that are planning we have the calendar up and sign up there don't forget to make the reservations at the park looks like the 330s-320s and 230s good sites for rally this weekend we had about 200 tubers on the river so water and weather was just perfect for them.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:17 AM   #36
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Dogs?

Scorpiontimo,

Mrs. S and myself were reviewing the website about the park and are considering making the trip. BUT, we stumbled across the title Pet Park(Breed Restrictions) But they do not elaborate on what breeds or size.
Mrs. S will not travel without her two babies.

Do you have any info on the restrictions? Would be grately apperciated.

Thanks,
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #37
Rivet Master

Livingston , Texas
Central Tx Rally

Is June 3 - 4 the official date? We would like to attend.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #38
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
Yes the 3rd - 5th of June is official dates
Old 04-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #39
vintage travelers

1972 31' Sovereign
JSmith84 I will check into more on it but the list that I know of is pits, doberman, Akita chows not sure about shepherds, what do you have so I can check for an answer
Old 04-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #40
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Newton , Texas
Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiontimo View Post
JSmith84 I will check into more on it but the list that I know of is pits, doberman, Akita chows not sure about shepherds, what do you have so I can check for an answer
Well our big dog is an American Staffordshire Terrior, which people will consider a "Pit Bull".(But I could argue different) So Im sure Zeus will be on the banned list.

I guess we will have to pass then. No hard feelings. Hope yall have a great rally.
Mr & Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally, texas