Old 09-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #183
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Another wow...he just asked me to cancel our group since he feels that we will spread discord through the campground because we aren't all together. I can't see where he is getting this because all I asked is him to think about letting us move. That is all.

Steve

Old 09-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #184
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
if he's going to be a horses @$$ we can just move, like you said maybe Compton Ridge won't be so bad after all. If he hasn't charged our card until we arrive maybe there won't be a hassle canceling. I have never been to Compton Ridge, my brother in law says it is hard to get in and out of, they were there with their SOB last year. We don't have to be in a place where they don't want us. It seems he may be afraid we will be noisy and rowdy or something.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

http://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #185
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Alright,

I believe there are two things going on here.

1. He has had to turn a lot of full paying customers away because his park is full. Getting rid of us will allow him to bring in people that will pay full price.

2. He thinks that since we are a group, we will be putting more demands and will be harder to satisfy. From me asking if some spots can be moved is how he came up with this.

I agree with Sandy, if they don't want us, I don't want to give them my $$$$. I will contact Ellen at Compton Ridge tomorrow since she isn't there today. The only real issue I had with Compton Ridge last time was that when some people registered they were told they didn't get a discount. After arguing with the first person I spoke with, I had to drive down to the main park and wait 25 minutes for the manager to have her tell the employee we got the discount. In the long run, everyone got their discount.

I have spoken personally with Airhog1, Nohillgrish, and Maccamper. All of them are game for moving to another park. Compton ridge in the south park is a viable location to move to. In speaking with a few people and reading the map of Oak Grove, many of us would be right on top of one another. Two of us wouldn't be able to put out awnings we were so close.

I am going to call Compton Ridge tomorrow to set something up at the south park. I apologize to everyone for this. There was a person on the list that I was not familiar with. A Mr. Dixon has registered, and I need to contact him since I don't know his forums name.

I will tell Oak Grove that they need to call everyone to cancel reservations. I would urge everyone to voice their displeasure, and to visit a site like trip adviser and leave a less than favorable review since they pulled this stunt.

We are likely better off. Oak Grove was in the middle of town with a ton of traffic and small sites. Compton ridge has more amenities, and is outside of the crazy part of down town Branson. This will also allow for more people to register.

I will post more once I set the rally up with them.

Sorry again,

Steve
Old 09-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #186
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
I am SOOOO glad we are NOT GOING to give Oak Grove RV Park our Business and Money.

Jack and I went down 2 weeks ago to look it over. We found 2 or 3 sites we liked and then went to the office to secure them. The guy that ran the place was a JERK...and for those of you who know me, I can get along with just about anyone. I love people.

I told him we were with the Airstream Rally and would like to hold lot 28 or 29. He said "OH No.. I WILL ASSIGN THE LOTS as you arrive. I did not feel any good vibes coming from this place.

I asked him if he would please consider the lots we requested and had him write them down. The lot we were assigned was nowhere the lot we requested.

Sorry I didn't say anything earlier but didn't want to cause problems. Now that this guy has shown his true colors to others in the group I am reminded what Oprah says "When someone shows you who they are ..believe it the 1st time"

P.S. Compton Ridge South has an indoor pool, beautiful spacious sites, concret or gravel, nice playground for kids and a very nice Pavilion AND you can pick the site you want to spend YOUR MONEY ON! What a concept!
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #187
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Kani,

I am glad I wasn't the only one to see this. From what I see, the south park offers the pavilion, but charges for it. It is free at the north park. When I call tomorrow, I will inquire about using it for free, or see if we can't move to the north park which is 1/4 mile away for free pavilion. I would rather not have to drive, but we will definately have MORE room at the ridge, and less traffic.

The sites are priced on whether you get a gravel or concrete pad, so be advised. I will work out the discount with them tomorrow.

Steve
Old 09-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #188
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76sovereign View Post

P.S. Compton Ridge South has an indoor pool
I'm bringing a Camo Speedo for our soldierleader!

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:29 PM   #189
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog1 View Post
I'm bringing a Camo Speedo for our soldierleader!

G

I dont even want to think about that one....
Old 09-22-2008, 02:55 PM   #190
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
That's a good one Amy!

G

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

AIR #8844
Old 09-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #191
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
What Speedo?

I don't wear a suit when I swim.

Steve
Old 09-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #192
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
:c ensored::e ek:

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

AIR #8844
Old 09-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #193
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
To All:

I just got a call from Compton Ridge. Since Legacy RV took over, they are trying to improve rally and group business. I explained the situation to her, and that he had been there twice before. I also explained the issue of being told we were not getting discounts and having to get it sorted out.

Legacy now writes up an agreement between the rally organizer and them. It states what the rates will be for lodge and RV sites, cost of pavilion, what they are supposed to do, and what is expected of us.

The campground has started charging for the use of their pavilion. The reason they did this was to prevent bickering from multiple groups that want to use it. I discussed that we never paid for the use of the north park pavilion, and would expect that if nobody was using it or the south park pavilion, that we would be using it for free. The lady was hesitant, and stated that it cannot be used for free since it is in their policy to pay for it. I told her that it should be free for us since we are bringing a group in. She will email me later with their decision on free or reduced rate. I bet if we were at the north location, they wouldn't do anything since we would be the only people at that park.

That's all for now...more later.

Steve
Old 09-22-2008, 03:48 PM   #194
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
How much to RENT the Pavilion...they have to make money too...maybe you could get a sponsor if need be!

G

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

AIR #8844
Old 09-22-2008, 07:03 PM   #195
Stray

1987 32' Excella
1978 28' Argosy 28
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76sovereign View Post
Just kidding about not being next to 2aspirins and Nohillgrish...you guys are so nice!
Kani,
You're just a regular sweety!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #196
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Kani is just fooled

The campground called me today. Due to a wood carvers rally at the main park, it is unlikely they can get all of us together in the same area in the main park. Wouldn't you know they can likely get us into the north park. I have never had an issue at the north park, but I have parked in the better spots to be in. I am expecting another call tomorrow from them about everything.

Airstream of Arkansas wants to sponsor the pavilion, but I am not about to let them do that (I am working on FREE).

Steve

Tags
branson, chili, fall, rally, cook off