Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Branson Fall Forums Rally 2008

I know what some of you are thinking, "Steve, aren't you supposed to be leaving for Afghanistan this fall?" The answer is yes, but I have new information from the Army. It is not 100% for sure yet, but I may be in my window for "Dwell Time". This is a window of time after you return from mobilization that you are ineligible from being deployed against your will. I was mobilized from Nov 2005-Nov 2007 and have been advised I may be in my dwell time window. If this is the case, I can opt out of going to Afghanistan (Which I likely will).

Due to this new found info, I have decided to open up the Branson Rally thread for discussion. I don't have the campground or dates chosen, but I can only hope for weather like last fall. We will have a Friday night potluck and a Saturday night Chili Cook-off to crown a new Chili Champion.

Please be advised that nothing is set, and this is to drum up interest for all of you out there. We have had a blast the past two Branson trips, let's make this one another great time!

Steve
Old 07-28-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
That's funny, I was just talking to Terri earlier today wondering if a fall Branson rally woud be planned.

I hope things work out where you won't have to go. What dates are you looking at?
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:20 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
woohoo!

Count us in! We missed the spring one because we were on the road picking up our Argosy, and would love to attend a fall one.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:32 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
No dates are planned right now, but last year we had it on the 2nd weekend in October. Cool in the nights, but mild in the day. Now would be a great time for people to look ahead and see if anything will conflict in late September or early October.

Steve
Old 07-29-2008, 08:07 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
That's a tough time period this year because my brother's wedding is the first weekend in October. I'd love to make it, but the only weekend I have open is the weekend of October 17th.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:39 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
The first weekend is already scheduled at Peckatonica, so it would be good to stay away from that weekend.
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:12 AM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
We had the rally at the same time as Pecatonica last year and had 36 units. We have a draw from more southern states, and I don't believe that it will be an issue if we had to have it then.

Loaf, I will take your time constraints into factoring everything. BTW, do we know what's going on this weekend?

Steve
Old 07-29-2008, 10:24 AM   #8
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
i am in!!!!

g

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:33 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
WERE IN! Cool nights sound so good right now! Just lets us know when...
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #10
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog1 View Post
i am in!!!!

g
Oh Really?

You might want to ensure that your AOA staff isn't taking off time around the same time. Also make sure you aren't booked for a condo the same weekend .

Steve
Old 07-29-2008, 11:06 AM   #11
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Hey Medic,

If this thing with the Army don't work out for ya...you can always go into COMEDY!!!

You're a funny man!

Just a few more days and ocean here I come!

But I love the Ozarks in the fall!

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #12
4 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Alex , Oklahoma
You can count James and I in for October so far we don't have anything on our calendar for the whole month.
1951 Flying Cloud SS#7062
AIR #18751
CJ of Okla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #13
Married to Soldiermedic

San Antonio , Texas
Sounds good just so long that we can get this together.
CombatMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:11 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
I have been making some calls today and checking out campgrounds around Branson other than Compton Ridge. After Compton Ridge was sold to a corporate enterprise, their customer service level dropped, but we could always use it as a backup I suppose.

Other options so far:

Cooper Creek Campgrounds Full Hook-ups at $27/Night and 10% Good Sams Card. They have a pavilion, but it is rather small and fits less than 30 people. Cable is included. This is close to table rock lake.

America's Best Campgrounds Full Hook-ups at $26/Night with 10 trailers or more. Pavilion is free for the first two hours for rally use, but is charged afterwards (Lame). Cable is included and free Wi-Fi.

Ozark Country Campgrounds
Full Hook-ups for $15-24/Night depending on your club or military status. They have an outdoor pavilion and an indoor clubhouse for our use, and offer free Wi-Fi and cable. This is right on Table Rock Lake.

Table Rock Lake State Park
Full Hook-ups, Water/Electric Sites, or Electric Only sites are available at different costs with a discount for Seniors .

Always interested in what others have to say. Let me hear it.

Steve
Old 07-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
no full hookups at Roaring River

Roaring River is the only one I am familiar with at Table Rock, and there are no full hookups there, electric only.Water is available but I don't think there are actually any water hookups. The only place at Roaring River with full hookups is Paradise Valley, and it is member only, tho there have been rallies there in the past. I don't know how that works, maybe somebody in the WBCCI that is a member booked them, or a member with an Airstream maybe booked a rally there. Anybody know?? We go as guests of family members, and there was an Airstream there a couple of weeks ago. Anybody we know?

Old 07-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #16
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
I have been making some calls today and checking out campgrounds around Branson other than Compton Ridge. After Compton Ridge was sold to a corporate enterprise, their customer service level dropped, but we could always use it as a backup I suppose.

Other options so far:

Ozark Country Campgrounds
Full Hook-ups for $15-24/Night depending on your club or military status. They have an outdoor pavilion and an indoor clubhouse for our use, and offer free Wi-Fi and cable. This is right on Table Rock Lake.
Steve

Ozark Country looks good - got the goodies and besides a pavillion, looks to have plenty of open space for like maybe a horse shoe competition... croquet? Displays (Airhog1...)?, a Univ. of Airstream "tech tips"? Besides, they have been previously annointed by The Silver...
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:01 PM   #17
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Would love to go, as we both have been looking to see that area. Unfort, with fuel prices being what they are, there is just no way we're gonna be able to make it. Between the Moraine View trip and a trip to southwestern Indiana, we already put an oil exec's kid though college.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Ozark Country looks good - got the goodies and besides a pavillion, looks to have plenty of open space for like maybe a horse shoe competition... croquet? Displays (Airhog1...)?, a Univ. of Airstream "tech tips"? Besides, they have been previously annointed by The Silver...
That looks good to me also. Whatever the majority chooses is fine.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:56 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
st louis , Missouri
Thumbs up Branson in October

Count us in. Do any of them not allow fires? The campfires we have had in the past have been great.

See you soon.

Dan and Marty
2wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Hey Dan and Marty,

It seems that fires are all okay on the ones listed. Of course, I will bring my fire dancer anyhow as it is a nice smoke free alternative. It will be weird not going back to Compton Ridge. They really had a great setup at that place with the pavilion and all, but after what we experienced last time, I don't want to mess with them again.

Steve

Tags
branson, chili, fall, rally, cook off