Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
The GA Unit held their Business Meeting on Saturday. There were two items of interest passed:

1. A proposed amendment to the WBCCI Constitution that would specify that 2 of the 3 Nominating Committee be nominated by a majority of the Region Presidents (not the current nominating committee).

2. Since there is no announced opposition to the Slate nominated by the Nominating Committee, our delegate can use his judgment and vote for a candidate from the floor, if they better represent the wishes of our unit. This was after long discussion on the current state of the club.

Neither is big, but it is a start. If anyone would like a copy of the Amendment, PM me. It goes to Region 3 in a week and 1/2.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:48 AM   #62
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Thanks for posting this information.

Maggie
Old 04-20-2010, 06:58 AM   #63
2 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
1966 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
From Parts Unknown , Unknown
The whole thing is run like its a Masonic Lodge, since that's what they know, and respect. Understand that and you understand everything-- like the elections that resemble moving through the chairs in lodge... and secret grievance committees and not listening to anything or anybody, and all the pomp and circumstance and tuxedoes.

Its all aping the masons or any other lodge you want to compare it to. I'm IOOF, and have seen it all before. And know it will be solved only by attrition, and replacement by demise. Sadly the phase change is what hurts. And the phase will change utterly but not by anything else other than blocked arteries, diabetes, and the Conquerer Worm.

Optimistically & Patiently Yours
The Professor-
1956 Spartan Imperial Mansion
TCT Since 2002, 8728,
TheProfessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:47 AM   #64
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Getting an amendment through the unit can be done. Even getting it through the region can be done. Last week, I had an amendment (the unit caravan amendment) that was passed at region level with only one no vote.

Getting it through IBT is another story. It failed last time. It is going through again this year. It was last turned down as a "vanity thing" by the very same folks that wasted most of one IBT meeting haggling over who would get 3-digit numbers. Of course, if that isn't vanity, what is?

I'm willing to put it through again next year if needed.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:33 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Are You One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfessor View Post
The whole thing is run like its a Masonic Lodge, since that's what they know, and respect. Understand that and you understand everything-- like the elections that resemble moving through the chairs in lodge... and secret grievance committees and not listening to anything or anybody, and all the pomp and circumstance and tuxedoes.

Its all aping the masons or any other lodge you want to compare it to. I'm IOOF, and have seen it all before. And know it will be solved only by attrition, and replacement by demise. Sadly the phase change is what hurts. And the phase will change utterly but not by anything else other than blocked arteries, diabetes, and the Conquerer Worm.

Optimistically & Patiently Yours
The Professor-
Hey "Professor", you a Mason??? Have you been to the East?
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
The amendment doesn't have to go through IBT. There is another track.

ARTICLE XVI
AMENDMENTS

Sec. 1 Proposed amendments to this Constitution may be submitted to Headquarters in writing by any chartered
Unit of the club. Any such amendment(s) shall bear a certification by the Unit President that it has been
approved by a majority vote conducted in accordance with the Unit's Constitution and Bylaws. The
proposed amendment(s) shall also bear a certification by the President of the Region of which the
originating Unit is a part, that the amendment has likewise been approved by a majority of the Units
within that Region. Upon receipt of the proposed amendment(s) bearing the required certifications,
Headquarters shall distribute copies to the Presidents of all other chartered units for ratification or
rejection. When two-thirds of the club's chartered Units have ratified the proposed amendment(s) by
majority votes according to their Constitution and Bylaws and the Unit Presidents have so certified to
Headquarters, such amendment(s) shall be deemed to be adopted. If two-thirds of the Club's Units do not
ratify the proposed amendment(s) within one year following the distribution to the Unit Presidents, the
proposed amendment(s) shall be deemed to have been rejected and to be of no further effect. (6/30/93)

Old 04-20-2010, 07:39 PM   #67
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post
So who makes the decision as to which track the amendment will proceed?
tintent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
The Unit and Region who bring it forward. I understand you can pursue both tracks. There are some opportunities for the amendment to be amended in the Delegate meeting (death for the amendment).
Old 04-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
Getting an amendment through the unit can be done. Even getting it through the region can be done. Last week, I had an amendment (the unit caravan amendment) that was passed at region level with only one no vote.

Getting it through IBT is another story. It failed last time. It is going through again this year. It was last turned down as a "vanity thing" by the very same folks that wasted most of one IBT meeting haggling over who would get 3-digit numbers. Of course, if that isn't vanity, what is?

I'm willing to put it through again next year if needed.
John,
Does this mean your unit again passed the motion to reduce numbered Unit Caravan requirements (7 units & 8 days from 10 & 10?)? If so, I must offer you a BIG HEARTY THANKS! I got my unit to pass that motion last year (almost unopposed), as did several other Units and a couple of Regions. I was flabbergasted when the IBT voted it down and did not forward it to all Units for a vote. I thought that was a true member value added motion that would encourage the creation of and participation in Unit Caravans. I know un-numbered Unit Caravans can still be created, but somehow I think the reward of getting a number after your name in the directory will get more people to give one a try.

Lorrie and I have enjoyed the two caravans we have tried, but such opportunities for us working folks are few and far between because of the typical time commitment of several weeks. Shorter, numbered, Unit caravans would be a welcome opportunity for more members to participate and get credit for doing so.

Thank you for taking up the good fight . . . again!

P.S. If you send me your motion, I will try to run it through my unit again this year and I will promote it with my Region President so that the IBT does not vote it down again.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:05 AM   #70
2 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
1966 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
No-- as I mentioned, I am IOOF, The Independent Order of Oddfellows, and have been honored by my lodge by being elected Noble Grand, when I was an Indiana resident. I am currently a regular member of Central Lodge No. 1 of Washington DC jurisdiction, but since I full time, I visit lots of lodges while on the road. I am deeply moved by the tenets of Lodge, but am made saddened when Brotherhood is replaced by venal motives of power and self perpetuation. Thus it is I am sad a lot these days...

I have deep, deep respect for Masonry, and some of the most wonderfully evolved, spiritually mastered and centered folks I have met are of that Brotherhood. To see it aped in such a hollow fashioned by the current IBT leadership, mocks both the ideals of the WBCCI and Freemasonry. If I think about it too much, I feel the need to wash.

In Friendship Love and Truth
Fraternally Yours
The Professor
Old 04-21-2010, 07:48 AM   #71
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:

I have deep, deep respect for Masonry, and some of the most wonderfully evolved, spiritually mastered and centered folks I have met are of that Brotherhood. To see it aped in such a hollow fashioned by the current IBT leadership, mocks both the ideals of the WBCCI and Freemasonry. If I think about it too much, I feel the need to wash.

In Friendship Love and Truth
Fraternally Yours
The Professor
Wow, that really sums up what isn't present with WBCCI leadership. "Wonderfully evolved, spiritually mastered and centered folks" are very hard to find in any organization, and these ideals/expectations must be coming firmly and clearly from the top down, IMO. A model to respect and follow.

Maggie
Old 04-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #72
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Wish the numbered Caravan Amendment had passed. Our Caravan to Gilette falls just short on number of nights, but I work...so it can't be longer. I'm sure our Delegate will cast 322 votes FOR the motion if it comes up in the Delegate's Meeting this year.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #73
2 Rivet Member

Windham , New Hampshire
Slight of hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmbstreamer View Post

ARTICLE XVI
AMENDMENTS

Sec. 1 Proposed amendments to this Constitution may be submitted to Headquarters in writing by any chartered
Unit of the club. Any such amendment(s) shall bear a certification by the Unit President that it has been
approved by a majority vote conducted in accordance with the Unit's Constitution and Bylaws. The
proposed amendment(s) shall also bear a certification by the President of the Region of which the
originating Unit is a part, that the amendment has likewise been approved by a majority of the Units
within that Region. Upon receipt of the proposed amendment(s) bearing the required certifications,
Headquarters shall distribute copies to the Presidents of all other chartered units for ratification or
rejection. When two-thirds of the club's chartered Units have ratified the proposed amendment(s) by
majority votes according to their Constitution and Bylaws and the Unit Presidents have so certified to
Headquarters, such amendment(s) shall be deemed to be adopted. If two-thirds of the Club's Units do not
ratify the proposed amendment(s) within one year following the distribution to the Unit Presidents, the
proposed amendment(s) shall be deemed to have been rejected and to be of no further effect. (6/30/93)
Matt,

You have stumbled on to something here. This is a great way to get changes through the EC7 except for one thing. It won't ever leave HQ once the BOYZ get a hold of it!

They only follow the rules when it's to their advantage.

wam52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:07 AM   #74
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Thumbs up

Quote:
No-- as I mentioned, I am IOOF, The Independent Order of Oddfellows, and have been honored by my lodge by being elected Noble Grand, when I was an Indiana resident. I am currently a regular member of Central Lodge No. 1 of Washington DC jurisdiction, but since I full time, I visit lots of lodges while on the road. I am deeply moved by the tenets of Lodge, but am made saddened when Brotherhood is replaced by venal motives of power and self perpetuation. Thus it is I am sad a lot these days...
I didn't know there were any Oddfellows left. How interesting, my grandfather joined IOOF in 1899 and remained a member of Corsicana lodge 63 until his death in 1962. Here's a photo of him in his outfit in 1919 and his membership card.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	19500201 Odd Fellows Certificate.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	101377  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19190530.jpg (119.9 KB, 87 views)
Old 04-27-2010, 06:27 AM   #75
2 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
1966 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Very cool He's in full Patriarch Militant Uniform- the one pre-dating the 1918 (and still current) version. Thanks for this. I haven't found one other IOOF Airstreamer besides myself yet. Thanks for letting this off topic pic stand, moderators. I enjoyed it. Alex Kensington
1956 Spartan Imperial Mansion
TCT Since 2002, 8728,
Old 04-27-2010, 07:21 AM   #76
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by wam52 View Post
Matt,
You have stumbled on to something here. This is a great way to get changes through the EC7 except for one thing. It won't ever leave HQ once the BOYZ get a hold of it!

They only follow the rules when it's to their advantage.
The bylaw clearly says the change has to be submitted to Headquarters where we all know it will be sequestered. That systems of censorship was set up years ago and served the Leadership well by allow them to prejudge everything. The world has past them by and the membership should begin using the tools available to them to enact the changes necessary to move the Club in the direction disired by the membership rather than the Leadership.

There is nothing to keep anyone submitting a motion to Headquarters from e mailing or mailing that motion directly to the Regional and Unit Presidents. This would brake the strangle hold that the Leadership uses to treat us like mushrooms, and I trust you recognize that method of horticulture.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #77
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
I haven't heard any complaints about the staff at HQ failing to follow procedure. Nothing requires EC involvement, review, or approval.

I'm happy to provide my amendment to anyone. Submit it through your unit. As long as each unit passes the same language, it can be approved WITHOUT the EC.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:19 AM   #78
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
The bylaw clearly says the change has to be submitted to Headquarters where we all know it will be sequestered.
A poorly written statement. I did not mean to infer that the staff of HQ themselves would make a decision but rather whom ever they submit it to in Leadership would thus effectively the last light it would see was at HQ.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #79
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Got your intent. I think we have alternate methods, after Region 3 acts on it. We can contact a large number of units / regions by unofficial channels.

However, Region 3 could vote against. No harm in other Regions (1 or 2 perhaps) picking it up and trying in parallel. DON'T Wait.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:20 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
"No harm in other Regions (1 or 2 perhaps) picking it up and trying in parallel. DON'T Wait."
...better still ALL regions could act upon it! Just how many WBCCI unit presidents do we have on Air Forums currently? The more units participating and the more regions the better our chances are of initiating changes. I continue to be underwhelmed by my Region 4 efforts and visaibility and the lack of activity and web presence...

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote