Old 04-07-2010, 06:19 AM   #43
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
just curious... How will this enrich your Airstreaming experience?

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:44 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
Do we have anyone willing to be a write in?

Or, is this thread recommending a "no" vote?
Here is a new thread upon how to run a candidate from your own unit. It doesn't seem to be too difficult, but you must find someone who will be able to accept and fulfill the duties. Running against the predetermined slate is a must to start showing disdane for the appointment style slam dunk each "election." (sic) Sooner or later with enough awareness and support, membership could get officers into the EC.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...tml#post834658

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:06 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Here is a new thread upon how to run a candidate from your own unit. It doesn't seem to be too difficult, but you must find someone who will be able to accept and fulfill the duties. Running against the predetermined slate is a must to start showing disdane for the appointment style slam dunk each "election." (sic) Sooner or later with enough awareness and support, membership could get officers into the EC.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...tml#post834658
I agree. I also support Ed's move to run next year after all the "right" things have been done so he can be presented at the Unit level to the general membership as a candidate. Anyone else out there willing to help get new blood to the top should be thinking now about following his lead for next year so those of us at the Unit level can support them. Perhpas a alternate "slate" can be properly put into place for next year. Strength in numbers.......

Robin

"Reality Is The Leading Cause Of Stress"
"There are only five great men in the world and three of them are hamburgers."
rgesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Now there's a two fold plan for the 1010 committee, long and short term goals! This year choose volunteers from the individual units and next year a coordinated effort for the entire slate, Woo Hoo! I support Ed and his slate of running mates and I will gladly pay the dues to be able to cast my vote.Happy Days are here again...

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
Do we have anyone willing to be a write in?

Or, is this thread recommending a "no" vote?
Is there even such a thing as a NO vote?? or only an abstention which doesn't make much of a statement.
Our unit did the mail vote for the first time and the return was not much over 10%.

With out competing candidates is there a way to vote against the current selection??

If you don't vote you are really voting for the list as approved by the nominating committee.

I'm confused
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #48
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
Is there even such a thing as a NO vote?? or only an abstention which doesn't make much of a statement.
Of course there is such a thing as a no vote. "No I will not be paying dues next year!!"
98 Safari
1950 Spartan
1966 Globetrotter
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #49
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
Our unit did the mail vote for the first time and the return was not much over 10%.

With out competing candidates is there a way to vote against the current selection??

If you don't vote you are really voting for the list as approved by the nominating committee.

I'm confused
If you were IBT you wouldn't be confused.
You'd probably be laughing.

No "NO" votes allowed for you, buckaroo!

And here's a little something from Robert on abstentions: Frequently Asked Questions
Just below #6 is something on "Votes of No Confidence".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shacksman View Post
Of course there is such a thing as a no vote. "No I will not be paying dues next year!!"
This appears to me to be the only authentic "NO" vote available to the membership.
Otherwise, ya just gotta keep on taking it and keep on watching your dues go up.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #50
Rivet Master

I personally think we should try and find as many people from as many units to run for as many positions as possible. I understand it could bring the meeting to a crawl, but if nothing else, it let them know we would like more than “one” person to “choose” from even if the person only gets their Unit votes.
It’s kind of like a restaurant that says they can fix you anything to eat as long as it’s on the menu!
I know the year Pete D. run for 3rdVP and Leo G. ran for nominating committee in Perry, GA, there was a bunch of unhappy campers (pardon the pun) because it brought the election to a crawl.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Paul

This is a quote from one of the individuals that was at Mid Winter in responce to the original e mailing. I trust you would not want to put her through the suffering that your idea would create. She had things to do and a free roast beef lunch waiting.

Roll Call Vote--How would you or your cohorts want to roll call vote on 29 motions. That was the number of motions at the IBT meeting in Rayne. Those chairs get very, very hard and quickly! To play fair, if you have a role call vote on the C & BL, then you should have a role call vote on all motions. Glad we don't have to sit through that anymore.

You would have to supply them with cushions and most likely free drinks to hold their attention.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #52
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
I know the year Pete D. run for 3rdVP and Leo G. ran for nominating committee in Perry, GA, there was a bunch of unhappy campers (pardon the pun) because it brought the election to a crawl.
And after that little stunt they put this into the Constitution:

Article XII, Delegates Meeting, Section 7, "If there are only two (2) candidates for the two (2) Nominating Committee positions, a roll call vote may be dispensed with by unanimous consent of the Delegates. If there are more than two (2) candidates for the two (2) Nominating Committee positions, the two (2) candidates receiving the highest and second highest number of votes during the roll call vote will be elected to the Nominating Committee." (6/30/08)

Until then, they had NO idea how to handle people running from the floor for Nominating Committee.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #53
Rivet Master

Yes, I was thinking about this very same thing. Clogged up the election with endless nominations from the floor. Having seen other elections, the only thing the delegates want is to vote fast and get out. It would definitely make a lot of folks upset. but everyone may get the idea.
One problem with this ideaof running for an international positon, is most of us still work. Travelling to the various units is great, but if your working, it would be impossible.
As for the International positions, isn't the lesser Veeps job basically to locate a venue for when they are International Prez?
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:24 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Working on this in my unit. Is anyone unhappy with the status quo and willing to become the next subject of a Grievance ?

Probably.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
If the WBCCI conducts the Delegates Meeting in accordance with the Constitution, a NO vote can be cast:

Sec. 5 At the Delegates Meeting all voting, except voting on procedural matters, shall be conducted by roll call
of the Units with each Delegate casting the number of votes to which that unit is entitled; unless such vote
is to be unanimous in which case a roll-call may be dispensed with. WBCCI Officers shall be elected by a
majority vote and should a candidate fail to obtain a majority upon the completion of the first roll-call, a
second roll-call will be conducted and the Delegates will choose between the two candidates who received
the highest and the second highest number of votes on the first roll-call. If there be only one candidate for
an office, a roll-call may be dispensed with by unanimous consent of the Delegates.

If a delegate objects, unanimous consent is NOT reached and the vote must be taken. At that time the Units with NO votes can have those votes rejected by the parliamentarian. But they can still be voiced.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:54 AM   #56
Rivet Master

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
You know "flooding the floor" won't get a good man elected. We need to have the guy or gal willing to run THEN build the base of support among the other Units so they Vote for the Candidate.

If Ed is going to run next year perhaps we might want to think about how we are going to get our individual units to vote for him. How we go about this may be the blueprint for getting others elected at this level.

Robin

"Reality Is The Leading Cause Of Stress"
"There are only five great men in the world and three of them are hamburgers."
rgesch is offline   Reply With Quote