Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #141
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick View Post
I have thought about this for a number of weeks and its time for change, or at least a hope for change.

I am going to run for the Nominating Committee in 2011 and try to do it the WBCCI way!

Now.............. how the hell do you do it the right WBCCI way?

I'm going to need all the support and help that I can get here so lets turn this thing around and help our club survive!

Ed
WBCCI #4425
A Past VAC and WI UNit President and 12 year member of the WBCCI

Ed,

Well I suppose you could send your application and resume to the nominating committee and show up at the 2011 Mid winter meeting to be interviewed. I was told that they only received two applications for the current nominating committee.

Or you could make it known to every unit member that you are running and start a thread here, on the WBCCI forum, the VAC forum, the VAL email and Hunter's Yahoo email list. See if you can get a letter published in the Blue Beret.

You have my support. Have some ribbons printed, I will display it with my Reinstate Leo ribbon.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #142
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

Now that is good news! Will you have a slate of others for the other offices do you think?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #143
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
Quote:

I'm going to need all the support and help that I can get here so lets turn this thing around and help our club survive!
We've got your six!
Pick your target, wait for tone and lock. Good luck!!

Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #144
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Ed

Submit your intentions to the BB and the WBCCI forum as early as possible so when they deny, censor, or bury it we will have time to react.

I can't speak for Save Wally but I would suggest you contact them as I think they will help also.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #145
Don McKelvay

1994 34' Limited
London , Ontario
Quote:
I have thought about this for a number of weeks and its time for change, or at least a hope for change.

I am going to run for the Nominating Committee in 2011 and try to do it the WBCCI way!

Now.............. how the hell do you do it the right WBCCI way?

Ed
WBCCI #4425
A Past VAC and WI UNit President and 12 year member of the WBCCI
Hi Ed,

Running is pretty simple - send your resume/statement, etc to Headquarters, prior to Nov 15th, and I would recommend you email it to every unit president in the Club so they know you will be running. Then, if possible, be at the Mid-Winter IBT to not only be interviewed but also this allows you to ask any questions of the current Nominating Committee - you should receive a letter from the Chairman saying when and where the interview will take place.

Last year when I was on the Committee we did the first telephone interview but really it is best for both parties to do the interview in person.

If you have any other questions send me a PM.

We need multiple candidates running so the members really know they have a choice - up to now most of the time only one person has run (two for the Nominating Committee - except 2 years ago when 3 were interviewed and the one who was not selected by the Committee chose not to run from the floor). It is very difficult to find candidates (except for the Nominating Committee) due to the heavy responsibilities and the personal cost in terms of loss of personal/family time as well at the financial burden.

As I understand it now, Kerry Mattila, Ontario Canada Unit President declared at the July 5th he was a candidate and now you have indicated you will run. Jo Jugel declared (via a letter) she was going to run for Intl Recording Secretary and June Ryan will run for Intl Treasure after her term as Region President.

Interestingly, but sadly, no one at the July 5th declared they were going to run for 3rd Vice President.
Good Luck
WBCCI #205
AIR #42
1994 34' Limited
2004 GMC 2500 HD
Hensley Hitch
Don McKelvay is offline   Reply With Quote