Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-31-2007, 10:12 AM   #61
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping
Thats true but I'm still pulling for you.
Thank you for your support. It is time for the younger (ya 51) members to become active and help move this club forward for the next generation.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:46 PM   #62
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Pelham , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
Thank you for your support. It is time for the younger (ya 51) members to become active and help move this club forward for the next generation.
O man, I know I'm OLD when 51 is young!
bobandcarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:33 AM   #63
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Sorry J Rick

Hey, Sorry for stepping on your thread, I'll move on to another!
Thanks and sorry again for the commercial interruption!

I'll start a new thread, Region 7 2nd VP Candidate, Visions of a New WBCCI
For those wanting to see how this goes flip over to the new thread.

Ed
WBCCI 4425
Region 7 2nd VP Canidate
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:27 PM   #64
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Checking in

Good afternoon to all Region 1 Members- Now that it is September 2007, each unit will be holding its Fall Business Meetings and casting their votes for Region 1 2nd VP.

Just a quick follow up to all my fellow WBCCI friends and members that your vote does count and I can counting on your vote. I have sent letters and resumes out to each unit and all I ask is that take a moment to read each and then cast your vote.

With the wonderful fall weather just around the corner, I look forward to seeing you out on the Rally Fields!

Sincerely,

J. Rick Cipot
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 09-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #65
Rivet Master

2005 34' Classic
N Smithfield , Rhode Island
Please Stop!

This thread was started for our NEU member to let others know that he is running for Region 2nd VP. It has become way TOO POLITICAL and a BIG JOKE!!!!

We ALL need to focus more on how to make our camping adventures a BLAST than all this crap!

Please everyone..............focus on the FUN of our AS and don't scare others off from wanting to become a WBCCI member.

We love all our AS friends and our Airstream "Daisy", and hate to read this stuff continuously.

Regards,
Gail
PR & hospitality-NEU

BRN-2905
NEAC of Region 1
AirHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:57 PM   #66
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Question Can somebody explain how regional officers get chosen?

Quote:
Good afternoon to all Region 1 Members- Now that it is September 2007, each unit will be holding its Fall Business Meetings and casting their votes for Region 1 2nd VP.
Rick,

Never having voted for a region officer before (that I recall, anyway) I am puzzled about how the regional officer selection process is supposed to work. I consulted the Blue Book—now published on the WBCCI web site—and the more I know about it the confuseder I get. Since you are running for region office perhaps you can help explain.

Here is what the Blue Book has to say about it (Bylaws, pages 21-22):

A. Even-numbered regions shall elect their officers in odd-numbered calendar years and odd-numbered regions shall elect their officers in even-numbered calendar years. (6/23/95)

B. 1. Not later than January 31 of the year in which the election is to occur, the Region President shall mail to each Unit President within the region the official ballot which shall contain the name for each position as listed in the Nominating Committee report.

B. 2. Each Unit President shall be entitled to cast one vote, based on unit instructions, for one candidate for each office for which a vacancy will occur and all votes shall be cast by use of the official ballot. All ballots shall be mailed to the region secretary prior to April 25. Ballots postmarked after that date will not be counted

B. 3. The results of the election shall be announced promptly and prior to May 5.

C. The term of office of all region officers shall commence upon the installation of the officers of the international club at the international rally next following their election.

So this makes it sound like Regions 1 and 7 will elect new officers next spring (2008)--not this fall--and those officers’ terms will begin at the international rally.

Is that how it works, or am I missing something?

(Incidentally, I am omitting any mention of Paragraph B, which is even more confusing. It seems to imply that the region nominating committees were supposed to have picked the candidates for the 2008 election by July of 2007, which is evidently not the case.)

Thanks,
Nuvi
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:28 AM   #67
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Greetings Nuvi-

The short version of it is that Region 1 is holding elections this fall for regional officers who will take office July 2008. Each unit in the region is given a ballot of candidates for the regional offices. Historically, each officers moves up in rank with a nominated 2nd VP on the ballot. This year we had two individuals interested in the position of 2nd VP, myself and Dan. The Region 1 nominating committee met with both of us seperatly and Dan received the nomination from the committee. At this point during the regional business meeting I was nominated from the floor. A ballot has gone out to each unit in Region 1 along with a copy of both of mine and Dan's resumes. Each member of each unit will cast their vote for one candidate or the other. The winner of that vote will receive the units one vote.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 09-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #68
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Greetings Nuvi-

The short version of it is that Region 1 is holding elections this fall for regional officers who will take office July 2008. Each unit in the region is given a ballot of candidates for the regional offices. Historically, each officers moves up in rank with a nominated 2nd VP on the ballot. This year we had two individuals interested in the position of 2nd VP, myself and Dan. The Region 1 nominating committee met with both of us seperatly and Dan received the nomination from the committee. At this point during the regional business meeting I was nominated from the floor. A ballot has gone out to each unit in Region 1 along with a copy of both of mine and Dan's resumes. Each member of each unit will cast their vote for one candidate or the other. The winner of that vote will receive the units one vote.
That proccess seems a bit flawed to me. The WH unit has 32 members and the NE unit has 113 and each gets an equal vote?

Since Reg 1 has 6 units what if the units vote 3-3?

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #69
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
That proccess seems a bit flawed to me. The WH unit has 32 members and the NE unit has 113 and each gets an equal vote?

Richard,

I was wondering the same thing. My interest is in Region 7, which has two medium-sized units and three small units (in number of members). All three small units put together don't have as many members as either one of the bigger units.

Of course, this is not unheard of. In the US senate, Vermont has just as many senators as New York, for example.

Best,
Nuvi
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:27 AM   #70
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster

If tied, Regional President casts tie breaking vote.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 09-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #71
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Congratulations Rick and thanks for being numbered among the people who have heard the cry to step up and are actually putting themselves out there to weather the tides and rocky roads associated with running for office. Remember you can't please all the people all the time so just do what you are doing, and don't let 'em rattle your chain.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:58 AM   #72
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
Congratulations Rick and thanks for being numbered among the people who have heard the cry to step up and are actually putting themselves out there to weather the tides and rocky roads associated with running for office. Remember you can't please all the people all the time so just do what you are doing, and don't let 'em rattle your chain.
Carol- Thank you for your kind, good words. It's too bad that when someone steps forward and shows an interest in a volunteer organization that they should run into others who seem to want and see you fail. I should have taken a clue from Dan and just have kept under the radar except in small circles. By they way I don't think I ever mentioned to you that I love your work. We should discuss using for of your shots for the magazine!

Rick
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 09-18-2007, 12:28 PM   #73
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
In Region 1 we have three members on the nominating committee, when I was interviewed only one member of the committee was available and it was sort of a coffee hour table talk. I would have loved to have all three committee members present and be asked the same questions as the other candidate and then have those questions and answers shared so that now we have one person (not me by the way) who was given the nomination and then myself as nominated from the floor. Now when the ballot goes out to the units for a vote all they receive is who was endorsed and a copy of each of our resumes. It will be interesting won't it?
This question goes more to the process rather than the individuals involved: Am I the only one who doesn't like the Nominating Committee concept? If I understand correctly, this year one person in Region 1 decided who will be the Region's 2VP, 1VP and Regional President for the next three years. And at best, three people decide the fate of our Region every year. Is everyone else OK with this?

(BTW, I have yet to receive anyone's resume. Are they handed out just before we "vote?")
Old 09-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #74
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue

(BTW, I have yet to receive anyone's resume. Are they handed out just before we "vote?")
Don-

The way it was explained at Region 1 to Dan and I was that the paperwork was going to be given to each unit president along with a copy of each of our resumes that we handed into the nominating committee. From there I am not sure what happens at each unit business meeting.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 09-19-2007, 08:55 AM   #75
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
OK folks, while discussions about politics are generally not allowed at AIR, we do allow them so long as they are associated the topic of the forum. However, that is not a free pass to unfettered rants. Posts must still follow forum guidelines and your volunteer moderator team strongly encourages anyone posting here to read them.

Here are just a few:

Quote:
Please think before you post and keep your comments limited to the topic at hand and above all be nice. If you come across any violations to these guidelines or have any problems navigating the site, do not hesitate to let us know through the Forums Contact Form. We'll be happy to address your concerns.
  • Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
  • Do not post unsubstantiated gossip, libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
  • Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on track.
  • Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account. Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
  • We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness.
So... post, but be polite; be respectful and understand that others will disagree with you.

On behalf of the moderator team,

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:35 AM   #76
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
orlando , New Mexico, Utah, Colorado
Hi, I am a new R1 member and AS owner, about 20 days so far.

Why can't we vote over the internet? A secure pdf is quick and simple.
Wally's original rallys icluded different manufactures trailers. Would you explain why we should be AS only?

From your document (italics mine):
Quote:
Youth & Young Families: As an organization we are seeing more and more newer members who are two income families with youngsters. Their needs are much more different than the WBCCI member of twenty years ago. I believe we need to canvas these members and investigate what their needs are for events and rallies and see what can be done to encourage their involvement within the unit level.

Why them? Why not the entire membership?

Regarding membership, why commitees? Why not some basic marketing and sales? I never even heard of the WBCCI until after I found site.

Good luck and I'll see you on the road-michael

WBCCI #3841
jacarape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:14 AM   #77
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Rick you had a nice letter and I welcome people like you aboard. We need region officers that want to work to make our club great. I would have liked to have seen your resume included. Best of luck.
Rick Bell 2nd VP Region 3
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote