Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-24-2007, 10:52 AM   #41
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Rick ~ I have been following this thread with great interest and I wish you the best of luck. You stated earlier that you were helping to draft a proxy voting amendment for the club. Could you explain how that might work?

I had drafted such an amendment and when I had it reviewed by some others it was found to be flawed. The major problem is when changes are made from the floor.

I feel that delegate votes on constitutional amendments has gotten out of hand. The constitution provides for another means of passing amendments which I perfer. My unit and several others did not have a delegate to the Perry International and our 25 votes went uncounted. The delegate vote should be limited to emergency items that can not wait for a vote from all the units.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:42 AM   #42
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
Rick ~ I have been following this thread with great interest and I wish you the best of luck. You stated earlier that you were helping to draft a proxy voting amendment for the club. Could you explain how that might work?

I had drafted such an amendment and when I had it reviewed by some others it was found to be flawed. The major problem is when changes are made from the floor.

I feel that delegate votes on constitutional amendments has gotten out of hand. The constitution provides for another means of passing amendments which I perfer. My unit and several others did not have a delegate to the Perry International and our 25 votes went uncounted. The delegate vote should be limited to emergency items that can not wait for a vote from all the units.
Good afternoon Richard- this task was assigned to us from our Regional VP being brought up by our two Canadian Units. This past year they were unable to send a delegate to Perry to vote hence 2 of those twenty-five votes which were never cast. I am working on the idea of a unit being able to assign their vote to another WBCCI officer from a unit within their region who will be in attendance at the International meeting and who is not a delegate for his/her unit. As the motion changes on the floor the proxy holder will be able to vote as instructed on any variations of a motion as placed upon the floor. We only have a draft at this point and have much work to do but we do have the blessing of IBT to work on this as a committee. I am one of three member on this committee and we are working very well together and I know we will come up with a worthy amendment to send up.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:55 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
Good afternoon Richard- this task was assigned to us from our Regional VP being brought up by our two Canadian Units. This past year they were unable to send a delegate to Perry to vote hence 2 of those twenty-five votes which were never cast. I am working on the idea of a unit being able to assign their vote to another WBCCI officer from a unit within their region who will be in attendance at the International meeting and who is not a delegate for his/her unit. As the motion changes on the floor the proxy holder will be able to vote as instructed on any variations of a motion as placed upon the floor. We only have a draft at this point and have much work to do but we do have the blessing of IBT to work on this as a committee. I am one of three member on this committee and we are working very well together and I know we will come up with a worthy amendment to send up.
I attended the Region 1 meeting and can confirm this committee has the blessing of our Region President and the International Vice President who was in attendance. There was resistance to forming this commitee from an International Committee Chair (who happens to be in our region) but unit members and officers from the majority of our units spoke in favor of working on a proposal that would allow units to vote by proxy at International Rallies. Rick spoke in favor and did such a fantastic job that he got elected to be on the commitee.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:38 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
St Cloud , Minnesota
I am part of the nominating committee for Region 7 (another small member region). We are in the process of nominating for the 2nd VP position. We are developing a questionare that will go to the declared candidates. The responses received will be available to the general membership before voting occurs.

On another note, I would think that attendance at geographically challenged location could be accomplished with technology. Let required members attend in this manner.
WBCCI #7528
MN Unit
pyanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:51 PM   #45
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyanke
I am part of the nominating committee for Region 7 (another small member region). We are in the process of nominating for the 2nd VP position. We are developing a questionare that will go to the declared candidates. The responses received will be available to the general membership before voting occurs.

On another note, I would think that attendance at geographically challenged location could be accomplished with technology. Let required members attend in this manner.
Refreshing news. Karma to ya!
Old 08-24-2007, 02:12 PM   #46
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Quote:

Pete- What a great idea, the committee puts forth the questions and answers to the voters! I love it! In Region 1 we have three members on the nominating committee, when I was interviewed only one member of the committee was available and it was sort of a coffee hour table talk. I would have loved to have all three committee members present and be asked the same questions as the other candidate and then have those questions and answers shared so that now we have one person (not me by the way) who was given the nomination and then myself as nominated from the floor. Now when the ballot goes out to the units for a vote all they receive is who was endorsed and a copy of each of our resumes. It will be interesting won't it?
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 08-24-2007, 07:09 PM   #47
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Pete,

How will the responses be published? Unit web sites, Unit newsletters, or what? As I recall there is not much current information on the Region 7 web site.

Also, can you tell me offhand how members vote on region officers? This year I remember units rubber-stamping the International nominees at the same meeting we voted down the moho amendment (spring rally before International) but I don't ever remember voting on region officers.

Thanks,
Nuvi
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:33 PM   #48
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:

I, too, would love to see that questionaire. Or any other for that matter.

As far as technology is concerned: phone, smoke signals, mail, email or Pony Express is fine with me. This is a camping club comprised of friends. Let's make it easier for members to participate. Let's give them more choices. I just don't understand why it has to be so complicated.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:37 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
Here's round 2 on that questionaire. I'll send Dan an email directly. Not sure if he's around...

__
Dan is employed in the airline business, not likely for him to be online on a regular basis.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:27 AM   #50
3 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
St Cloud , Minnesota
Hi all,
Thanks for the comments. We were out in the trailer all weekend away from the real world. I will post the questions that get asked of our candidates. It may be awhile as our region runs a later schedule than most of the others. Each person on the committee is come up with a couple of questions and then as a group we will massage them. The idea is to give the membership at least a 15,000 foot view of the candidates.

The region 7 website is in a kind of change over mode. I expect it to get better.

As for how the answers will be distributed is still up in the air. I personnally would like to see them posted on the website of the region and all the unit sites as well as distributed in the region newsletter and possibly the unit newsletters.

I think this is the first time this has been done in our region so I am not sure how pointed or arguementative the questions will be but it is a step in the right direction. The intent is to keep everything positive.

I will stay in touch.
WBCCI #7528
MN Unit
pyanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #51
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Region 7 Questions

I am one of the candidates for Region 7 2nd VP and will be willing to post my answers to the questions presented to me on this forum. I too am very interested in what I will be asked by the Region 7 Nominating Committee and can assure this group that I will be very open an honest with my responses. I can tell the group one thing that I am looking for change, progression of the club, an improved method of attracting new members and maintaining the ones we have.

One thing out of the blocks, I don’t have a red coat and to be honest I don’t look real good in red! I do like my red CT high tops!

Ed
WBCCI 4425
Past WI Unit President
Past VAC President
Father of 2 WI Unit Teen Queens
Past WI Unit Quartermaster
Past WI Unit Something or Another
Region 7 BB Editor

Ya I’m involved!
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #52
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Thumbs up Go for it, Ed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick
I am one of the candidates for Region 7 2nd VP . . .
I can tell the group one thing that I am looking for change, progression of the club, an improved method of attracting new members and maintaining the ones we have.

One thing out of the blocks, I don’t have a red coat and to be honest I don’t look real good in red! I do like my red CT high tops!

Ed
WBCCI 4425
Past WI Unit President
Past VAC President
Father of 2 WI Unit Teen Queens
Past WI Unit Quartermaster
Past WI Unit Something or Another
Region 7 BB Editor

Ya I’m involved!
Ed,

I think the "Past WI Unit Something or Another" experience is key to your qualifications! I really think a red coat will look good with your "signature" red sneakers!

A possible campaign slogan for you: "This ain't no two-sausage region!"

See you down the road,
Nuvite-F
(coarse and abrasive. . .)
Old 08-30-2007, 03:53 PM   #53
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Dear Mr. Coarse and Abrasive
What a great slogan! Nothing worse than not enough sausage for B-fast, nothing worse than cutting corners when planning a rally. There should be plenty for everyone and planning is the key. I have some good experiance in that area. Just one more thing to offer to the Region.

Hey I'm already on the stump................
vote yes for red Chucks, vote no for a red jacket
Ed
Old 08-30-2007, 04:39 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
You're scaring me Leo....

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:13 PM   #55
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Not Scared

Hey Leo,

I was hoping you would come along for the ride. I like that red coat, a big white hat with a feather and the WBCCI logo is the finishing touch! I feel like I have been thrown back into the 70’s with that outfit not the 2000’s. We need to lead this club into the future and I’m not sure that outfit is the way to move ahead.

Sausage King may not be the best slogan to get me elected, but it’s a start. We need to work on this some more!

I do know that I have a number of followers in Region 7 that will come up with a true campaign slogan, OK folks lets get the ball rolling. We need a campaign slogan that will show the rest of the WBCCI we mean business lets start this effort with a bang!

I see new Region officers wearing my red Chuck Taylor’s, high tops of course, shorts and a WBCCI golf shirt (have to keep the proper image) for our formal gatherings. I see rallies with hog roasts, bands, and heavy duty Rock Paper Tournaments sorting out the true WBCCI members. I see full hookups and a waiting list to attend the Region 7 Rally. I see business meetings no longer than an hour, no ties, no formal dresses and NO dinner jackets. I see events that are geared to the family and starting when those who still work get to do the fun stuff too. I see parking for those who arrive late in an area with those who got there early and not by themselves. I see CHANGE!

Still on the stump……………

Ed Emerick
WBCCI # 4425
Region 7 2nd VP Candidate
Old 08-30-2007, 06:56 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
I'd vote for you Ed! Even from way over here in Region 11 ~ just don't wear that red suit!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:42 PM   #57
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Smile Campaign slogans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick

Sausage King may not be the best slogan to get me elected, but it’s a start. We need to work on this some more!

I do know that I have a number of followers in Region 7 that will come up with a true campaign slogan, OK folks lets get the ball rolling. We need a campaign slogan that will show the rest of the WBCCI we mean business lets start this effort with a bang!
Ed,

Anyone who has been at Region 7 rallies knows that both the food and the fellowship are first rate. The "two sausage region" thought comes from the fact that the Wisconsin Unit's breakfasts are to die for. (Or maybe die from, if you can't handle the cholesterol. . .)

Continuing on that theme, how about,
"A beer in every hand and a bratwurst in every bun"?

See you down the road,
Nuvi
Old 08-30-2007, 07:45 PM   #58
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Ed,
Since you are from Wisconsin, you must have one of these...

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:46 AM   #59
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Well it is official, this thread has been hijacked! Thanks for your support anyway!

Rick
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 08-31-2007, 08:43 AM   #60
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
Well it is official, this thread has been hijacked! Thanks for your support anyway!

Rick
Thats true but I'm still pulling for you.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote