Old 12-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #57
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
This information came today in our January Southern Illinois Newsletter:

Good news the club operations are following the break even budget that was approved.

Letter From the Wisconsin Unit

The president, treasurer, and past president of the Wisconsin Unit #116 sent a letter to the International Board of Trustees with carbon copies of all unit presidents and Cindy Reed was WBCCI Headquarters.

The essence of their letter was the request that any motion presented at any future IBT meeting be tables until such time that each Region President has requested a vote from their units. The letter referred to the announcement that Airstream, Inc had indicated that it would be willing to manufacture a quantity of new mote homes if WBCCI members expressed sufficient interest.

I have posted the full text of this letter on the Motor Home thread, in case anyone is interested.

Nuvite-F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #58
Rivet Master
1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
I belong because it is the WBBCaravanCI. I went to one International after I retired (Bozeman). Good experience one time in a nice place. But probably not again. I can use the time and money to fish when I am out west. Drove right around Gillette this year and spent the week in Teddy Roosevelt park. This year I would have to come back from the west early to go to IL. Not going to happen. But when we do not have a summer caravan might attend another International in a good place.
I go to every local chapter meeting when in town and all the rallies when not caravaning. I do not care if they loose a little money on the Interantional for a while. No sense in tearing up the club over that issue. They will figure it out eventually. Do the early workers get special treatment and privilges? Maybe, but probably not much. The ones I know just seem to like spending longer at the place. As I understand it anybody can volunteer and come early??.
Met Norm at a regional rally. Nice guy. Probably well worth it for the officers to travel around and attend the local meetings. Gives everybody some perspective both ways.

Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote