Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
April's International President's Newsletter

This month's IP newsletter mentions the lawsuit and again reminds everyone how futile resistance is and that failure to show deference to their wishes will lead to ... guess what ... legal action. Off with your heads, and yours, and yours too! And what are you smiling at, you're next. Never mind picking on the DefendWally folks for accepting pledges for donations, what about the WBCCI raising dues and sending out all those cease and desist letters and threatening more legal actions against everyone and his brother? Oh well I guess they figure they need to spend whatever it takes to continue to keep themselves set up as leaders of the WBCCI or else they won't be able to approve their own initiatives.

"Some of you are aware that there is a very vociferous opposition group among our members. One member in this group recently sent out an email to our members asking for money to file a suit against the club.
The assertions are baseless. As the club remains one of diverse opinions, the WBCCI leadership acts upon those opinions to seek results that will assure WBCCI prospers. This type of mailing is not endorsed or condoned by the WBCCI. Using membership information in this manner is a direct violation of WBCCI’s policies and is subject to legal action."

Region 9, WBCCI

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I'm sure folks will come out of the woodwork here, but be careful here Carol. You cannot compare a dues increase to a "borrowing" of data soliciting for donations against the .org that unknowingly supplied the data for said purpose. Any other .org would in fact respond similarly. Think not? Add it to the lawsuit and see how far it gets....

Paying a dues increase is optional, taking data and using it in a manner that is less than above board is a whole 'nuther thing. You cannot compare the two, though clearly some may.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
Looking for time

1971 23' Safari
midland , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
I'm sure folks will come out of the woodwork Not sure what you mean here-jim Any other .org would in fact respond similarly. Think not? Add it to the lawsuit and see how far it gets....

Paying a dues increase is optional, taking data and using it in a manner that is less than above board is a whole 'nuther thing. You cannot compare the two, though clearly some may.
carol- I think I get what your saying but--as for Mr twinkie Im
not sure what hes getting at??
jamesardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
I'm sure folks will come out of the woodwork here, but be careful here Carol. You cannot compare a dues increase to a "borrowing" of data soliciting for donations against the .org that unknowingly supplied the data for said purpose. Any other .org would in fact respond similarly. Think not? Add it to the lawsuit and see how far it gets....

You mean that I can elect to pay the old dues amount?

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
"...As the club remains one of diverse opinions, the WBCCI leadership acts upon those opinions to seek results that will assure WBCCI prospers. ..."
Using the word assure based on losing 100's of thousands of dollars over the past few years lacks credibility.

Tom , when does the prosperity begin?

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:42 AM   #6
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
You mean that I can elect to pay the old dues amount?

Bill
No, paying dues and being a member is optional. Taking .org property and using in the manner it was used, where folks were spammed, those folks didn't have an option and have become pawns in this personal vendetta.

Quote:
It's merely twisted logic and (lack of) thinking...

Members voluntarily supply their email addresses so that they may be contacted by any and ALL other members. Those email addresses are published for USE...
Not sure I agree with you Leo. Members volunteer their email for club sanctioned news and events. Not sure everyone who gave their address wanted or thought that those addresses would in fact be used to solicit funds from outside the .org. Funny that from what I can tell no one asked anyone for permission to use the list for solicitation or any other non-club sanctioned thing, but hey Leo, you gotta say and do what you gotta do. It would be interesting to know how many folks would have given their contact info to WBCCI if they knew that rouge members would take that info and use it to solicit them for non-sanctioned business.

I'm not saying you all don't have what you believe is a legit gripe, I'm simply saying that I'm not sure most folks, particularly in legal circles would agree with the use as you describe, but I'm not a lawyer, but it would seem that the IP has looked into it and perhaps has more knowledge on the subject than any of us.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:12 AM   #7
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
When I was a member, many had complained about not being able to communicate with the IBT. Good times for all because that has changed. You now have the Twink speaking for them...

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:18 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
I see no problem with the e mail addresses provided by the members being used by other members
to communicate about matters affecting the club. ( or for that matter, to promote rallies or whatever)
Every one has the option to disregard , delete, or respond . Whichever they choose..
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:21 AM   #9
Certifiable

. , .
Hindsight is always 20/20

Why didn't they launch any lifeboats back in the year 2010?
Old 04-02-2010, 06:49 AM   #10
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Would this question come up if Defend Wally used the post office to communicate with their fellow members?

I think not!

If the email originated from a outside source who was not a member then you may have an argument.

The email was sent with an opt out link (unsubscribe) at the bottom, so if a member didn't wish to receive newsletters in the future it was their choice.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #11
Rivet Master

Slivertwinkie, I would like to ask you a question based on Leo's post below:

"Oh wait, you're not even a member. You have enough confidence in this group to moderate their forums, but you don't have enough confidence in them to be a member."

Slivertwinkie is the above true?

And if it is:

How in the world did you get this role?

I'll wait for your answers because I've got a lot more questions.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #12
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
When is the membership going to finally get it and oust these folks?
__
Leo - you got to be kidding.

Most of the memberhip is comotose. Look at the general make up of the club; exclude WDCU, FCU, Metro NY. They tend to be clones of the IBT. Most of the members are happy with the club; just don't disturb the 7:00 am breakfast, their afternoon naps, or 4:00 pm early bird specials, and bed by 8:30 pm.

Don't delude yourself. Get real.
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Lets not get into a pis**** contest with twinkie. He is not a member of WBCCI and has no interest in addressing any of the problems at hand. He is however directly associated with the WBCCI's Forum as a Censor. Not sure why they have a hired gun there other than to suppress vociferous opposition from voicing those stating diverse opinions.

Lets get back to the original intent of this thread.

The IP has, in his current newsletter stated several points that should be of interest to the Membership.

He does acknowledge that there is an action pending to bring the Leadership in court. He has stated that assertions are baseless even thought the filing has not been filed. That statement is baseless unless his powers go way beyond that of mortal man, something they might like you to believe.

He has stated that the club remains one of diverse opinions, the WBCCI leadership acts upon those opinions to seek results that will assure WBCCI prospers. His statement that the Club is one of diverse opinions is the first correct comment he has made. He states that the Leadership acts upon those opinions. He does no say how the Leadership acts upon these opinions. In the last year they have had legal notice, spending over $11,000 as noted in the 3rd quarter report, sent to no less than 6 members that had voiced opinions that questioned or challenged the closed management of the Club. He has stated Using membership information in this manner is a direct violation of WBCCI’s policies and is subject to legal action." By what stretch of ones imagination would one assume that information printed in a members directory was private? What would be the reason to have printed it in the first place? Are they expecting us to believe that a member can't contact another member to request the use of their curtsy parking? Are they saying members can't use that information to set up a rally? Are they expecting members can't coordinate a caravan via e mail?

Just like the old question "Would you go to bed with me? NO. Would you go to bed with me for a $1,000,000? Yes. Looks like it is just a question of NUMBERS.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Making public statements here (for weeks) about taking the IBT to court invites a public response from them and perhaps threats of similar action---and this is just what they are letting you know about. Surely you guys expected that. They have money and power and are not likely to go quietly into the night. Everyone seems to be busy digging their heels in and locking their knees.

We participated in Leo G's survey on savewally in January, and believed the private email solicitation for funds we received came through that provision of information.

Anything posted here can be responded to by any member of this forum, correct? Writers don't have to censor their opinions because other readers don't agree with what they have to say and/or do when they are away from this forum. It is surprising to read that complaint over & over again.

Maggie
Old 04-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #15
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post

Anything posted here can be responded to by any member of this forum, correct?

Maggie
Yes of course, but non members don't have the same interest in its involvement or out come.

or..

No dog in the fight!

Old 04-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Yes of course, but non members don't have the same interest in its involvement or out come.

or..

No dog in the fight!
Okay, I'll agree "no dog in the fight", but "interest" is a purely subjective experience.

Maggie
Old 04-02-2010, 10:07 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
The question then becomes "What exactly IS the interest". Being as some posters to this thread are defenders of WBCCI who have not believed enough in the club to ante up the $$ for a membership, I am led to believe that the interest is solely for derailing the efforts of others. It is incongruent to not ante up a membership but pretend that you are a full member in good standing and certainly good graces.

To anybody reading this thread – there are some who are participating for no other purpose than to derail and discredit others on this thread. The post that started this thread should be reread and commented on, not the validity of comments from someone with no dog in the fight.

That is my personal viewpoint….
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #18
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
It's interesting how the vocal opposition posts something controversial where there is clearly another side to the story (and they know this), but in fact when ANYONE posts the other perspective of the story, that person gets jumped by 3 or 4 or more of you.

I've talked to a number of you offline and there are a few (and I mean a few) of you who make great points and can articulate those points clearly, even if I happen not to fully agree. Some however will stop at nothing, and I mean nothing to try to stifle, confuse and cloud the issues where any other opinion that runs counter to theirs is presented. To further try to discredit, folks are called names, said they are not members, etc, etc, etc. This is nothing more than sensationalism and grandstanding at it's best.

Just when did the Airstream community become so nasty that we can't respectfully disagree without slinging unrelated things into the subject and make this so personal?

I stand by my comments (which by the way are directly in response to the theme of the thread) that the emails collected by WBCCI are most likely the property of WBCCI in complied format, and any use of the email addresses from said format, from the WBCCI for WBCCI business or otherwise would in fact need permission if used outside of umbrella of authority. If but nothing else this is good netiquette. This question of use is not exclusive to WBCCI either, but you all fight the good fight. Call me whatever you will, this will not change anything and only further detract from the theme of the thread.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Air Apparent.
You need to add the Denver Unit to the same breath as WDCU etc, we aren't comatose.
Buttercup, as for what the first post statesfor me, its frustrating, and seems the only way to make a point with the "big shots" is to do something out of the ordinary. Otheewise, its business as usual, I guess.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Airforums.com has some nice features. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f318...tem-57677.html

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote