Old 09-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by daizey View Post
He suggested that underneath this piece of plastic is a white button that is the mechanism that, when depressed, shuts off the safety censor that causes the beep. Also, there is a tiny sliver of metal that touches this rectangular piece, upon retraction of the awning, that could be manipulated (by me or a technician) to ensure closure of the awning therefore silencing the beep.
That's exactly what the dealer did to mine. Just bent the leaf that actuates the microswitch when the awning is fully closed. I was going to do that myself but thought since it was under warranty, I'd let them do it. Personally I'd rather do that than pull the fuse and risk having the step out or the awning not fully stowed.

PM me for sale info on my 2011. SOLD!
Upfitted Transit 350 sitting in driveway.
73shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #30
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
Beeping - awning won't extend

SO I have the beeping under curb side rear captain chair (step or awning?)

Step seems all the way in and works as should; awning will not extend - is there a fuse somewhere? my AS manual still has the old awning shown in it . . . and no info on fuse that I can find.

HELP - 20 hour drive ahead of me and this will get annoying quick!

Live in the Moment and enjoy today.
MILATV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILATV View Post
SO I have the beeping under curb side rear captain chair (step or awning?)

Step seems all the way in and works as should; awning will not extend - is there a fuse somewhere? my AS manual still has the old awning shown in it . . . and no info on fuse that I can find.

HELP - 20 hour drive ahead of me and this will get annoying quick!
I believe that is the awning warning that you here. Try extending the awning partially and retracting fully. You have to hold the switch until the awning stops completely. The limit switch on mine was at the rear end of the awning and I finally had to bend the actuator leaf slightly to get it to turn off completely.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #32
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
Found the fuse - 25amp - not burnt out; but w/engine off; awning will not extend; so I can't extend and retract Is there a fuse for the buzzer I can pull until I get home?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #33
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
Thanks 73Shark - climbed on the roof!
- awning apears to have pulled in the front flush; but back is about 1/2 inch from being fully closed. We were eating and it started to downpour rain; of course we jumped in the van (awning was out) and after getting situated somewhat noticed the awning auto-retracted (good) but since it has been out most of the day; and it was pouring down rain; my bet is the rear of the awning (where all the water runs off) was heavier and the motor pulled in the front faster than the rear; causing a misalignment.

May also be cause of not extending now. . . . anyhow

I wedged a pine stick between the sensor switch and the awning 1/2 inch gap; and no beeping.

Guess I'm good until the stick falls out going down the road; but then I'll unpack and get the hand crank out; and/or the duct tape.

Saved my sanity for now at least - thanks!
Old 09-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #34
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
2013 Interstate Coach
Opelika , Alabama
I disconnected the beeper. Unscrew the storage cubby on the left at the side door entrance and pull the cubby out. Find the beeper and disconnect it...no beeps now! Just be careful not to drive with the step or the awning out.
1965 17' Caravel (R2D2)
hamiltonmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #35
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
So got home - the stick was still there so no beeping but the electrical switch still wouldn't extend awning so I got out the hand crank and ladder.

Climbed up and removed the plug to manually extend awning to see if extending & retracting would correct the problem. (I'm 4 hrs from an AS dealer so the warranty; while nice - isn't going to do me much good unless I can get AS to ship parts to me for installation.

Anyway - having NEVER manually extending the awning before it felt a little tight but I continued to cranks - and SNAP - there went the Fiamma hand crank! twisted it off right at the folding portion so now I have a nice 9" long socket that I need to use my vice grips on!

Finally got the awning extended fully - came out pretty easy after the first 3-4 inches; my guess is the support arms slid some where they mount to the outer piece (or the van) and put things out of alignment (making first few inches hard to open).

So now its out all the way and won't close. after messing with it a few hours last night I decided to leave it out (calm weather thankfully) and try again after some sleep.

Going out now and will let everyone know how it goes.

For future refrence: here is the manual for the 2014 Fiamma F65 Awning.

http://www.fiamma.com/download/insta...n/F65Eagle.pdf
Old 09-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #36
Trying to Retire

Decatur , Illinois
Conclusion: the tension spring in the hand crank assembly must be bad; had to completly remove the motor and crank, then wind in the awning with a ratchet and vice grips to keep it from reopenning (spring arms want to push the awning open and w/o motor installed there is nothing to keep it from opening).

Once all the way in I zip tied it closed and re-installed motor/crank assembly.

Must be a fuse in the controls somewhere as the motor didn't work even when uninstalled and fully closed switch disengaged. . .

Guess I'll call the dealer on Monday and see if I can get a motor sent my way from Fiamma; or do without an awning. . . . not driving 3-4 hrs one way to get this fixed. . .
Old 09-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #37
3 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
2013 Interstate Coach
Opelika , Alabama
Good luck getting Fiamma parts in a timely manner. First the awning wouldn't retract so I had to push it back and zip tie it...to the dealer (RBM) for 2 weeks. Then the wife broke an awning arm part...ordered it from Fiamma US three weeks ago and still not here....
1965 17' Caravel (R2D2)
hamiltonmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member

2012 Interstate Coach
Portland , Oregon
I had and now then do have a simmlar problem it is the awning. there is a switch at the end closes to the rear of the coach that warms if the awning is not retracted. al most anything will cause that switch not to close properly. in my case all I do is put the awning out a little (just a few inches ) the back in, somne times I have to do it 2 or 3 times and the the alarm goes off, and stays off for quite some time.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
If you bend the leaf on the micro switch slightly, it should make it less sensitive to being retracted tight. At least that worked on mine.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2011 Interstate Coach
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennu36 View Post
I had and now then do have a simmlar problem it is the awning. there is a switch at the end closes to the rear of the coach that warms if the awning is not retracted. al most anything will cause that switch not to close properly. in my case all I do is put the awning out a little (just a few inches ) the back in, somne times I have to do it 2 or 3 times and the the alarm goes off, and stays off for quite some time.
See page 17 of the link in post #35 for a view of the microswitch.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #41
1 Rivet Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Garrison , North Dakota
Would you please narrow it down a bit... My ipad doesn't show post#'s. What was the subject of post #34 ??? I'm looking for the picture...
Old 09-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #42
1 Rivet Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Garrison , North Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by relehnherr View Post
Would you please narrow it down a bit... My ipad doesn't show post#'s. What was the subject of post #34 ??? I'm looking for the picture...
. Revise to post 35#...