Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2005, 05:20 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Collettsville , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Ms75Argosy
the rim is a 15x6.5 (15x7 will do) and 6 lugs on a 5.5" pattern.
Here's the pattern for the pigtail and car end
http://www.marksrv.com/wiring.htm
When are you picking it up?
Marc
Ok 3ms75Argosy, I got on that site and printed out the diagram to take with me, thanks! That is a good site to have, I saved it to my favorites.
mtnman
mtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:28 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe
I would. Do you have anyone to follow you, with a little 2 way radio or cell phone? It is a double axle, right? At 45 mph, that would be a 1 hour and 20 minutes. 30 mph, two hours..but you'll have it home to work on it, as obviously, you are not working on it now. Check out my blog, http://sweetsovereign.blogspot.com , like I said, we towed that 46 Vagabond on its original tires 3 miles on just one of the two axles...where are you towing it from and too? If you were near me in NY, I have two good Good year marathons you could borrow. Good luck...just take it easy.

Rob
Rob,
Thats nice of you to offer the tires but the coach is in east Tn and I am in western NC. The last 10 miles is all dirt road to my house but I am still thinking about going for it. Yes, I have help. My nephew wants to go with me and we can take radios and a second car. He is as anxious as you guys are for me to get this baby home and start work on it! He has call me twice today wanting to go with us.
mtnman
Old 12-02-2005, 05:28 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
I got to go eat, I will back in a little while.mtnman
Old 12-02-2005, 05:41 PM   #24
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnman
robandzoe,
I thought a bunch of time about "going for it". Did you see the pic of the old tire? Its 60 miles, would you still go for it?
mtnman
I bought a 77 Argosy with tires that were worse than those. Towed it 15 miles home, then 8 miles to storage, 8 miles back, etc. It added up to more than 60 miles on them. Two of the tires would not hold air for more than an hour or so at a time, I was very happy when I finally got new tires on it. If you aired up your tires when you went and looked at the trailer, and they are still up, use them to get it home. Just drive slow, and stop and make frequent checks of the tires, and make sure nothing has come loose on the coach.
Also, it would be much easier for you to tow the trailer over to a tire shop and have tires mounted on the trailer, than taking off the tires and wheels two at a time, and getting tires mounted on the wheels, and then going and getting the other old tires...You get the idea.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:50 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
A rareity

mtnmAN,

You have luck on your side...already...probably ot even knowing it....Being that it is near western NC and the famous RichardT from Bat Cave did not get this Argosy....What size Argosy is this one?

Rob
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 06:05 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Its a 1979 argosy minuet 7.3. I bought it from a friend. Bat Cave is aways from here over toward Asheville, NC.
mtnman
Old 12-02-2005, 06:08 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
here are some pics on this thread:
http://www.airforums.com/forum...uet-19432.html
Old 12-02-2005, 06:26 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Rob,
I checked out your site, I dont think I would have touched that one. Did you check the wheel bearings and at what point did you check them? Were the wheel bearing still good? I am concerned about the bearings on this 79 but I believe they are ok. Reading your post and overlander63 post has given me new confidence, I think I am going to go for it.
mtnman
Old 12-02-2005, 07:50 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
heh heh...

and the aluminum gods are smiling. Make a sacrifice to the god of aluminum (drink a beer at the end of the trip) and all will be fine.

Tee Hee -
I think you'll have fun!
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 02:09 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
No go on the coach moving today. I tried to get up with the seller last night and couldnt. He call me this morning. He has to work today. We will try again Tues.
mtnman