Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2000 30' Limited
Prescott , Arizona
no water from curb side faucets

Hello:

I am on the road for the first time in a year and am puzzled. The water is only working in the bathroom sink and toilet. The kitchen and shower blew out air but no water. I checked and cleaned the screens - they are fine. It makes no difference if it is connected to city water or from the tank. No leaks inside or out. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Tim
lefthandtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:09 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2019 28' International
Leonardtown , Maryland
Do you have water with the internal pump? Are the valves at the hot water heater in the proper position for summer water (not in the winterised position)? Do you have continous hot water?

If air is coming out of kitchen and shower, let it run until you find a leak or the water flows. This is what I would do for my unit.

dale

Rebee - WBCCI #1325
2002 Classic Ltd 30'
2007 Dodge 2500, 6.7 Cummins
Rebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2000 30' Limited
Prescott , Arizona
Thanks for your reply.

All the valves are in the correct position. Hot and cold water are working great in bathroom sink. Toilet works as well. The shower briefly worked after turning it on again later, but stopped midstream. Nothing has come out of the kitchen faucet. Doesn't matter if I use city water or tank/pump. Any other ideas? The working/non-working faucets are on opposite sides of the trailer. Any correlation there?

Thanks.

TIM
Old 10-04-2008, 10:54 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Hey Tim...

Welcome to the Airforums...sorry it's under these circumstances... Hopefully someone here familiar with your particular unit will be able to give you a helping hand...

May not be much help, but a few random thoughts... Sounds like something must be blocking the flow...perhaps where the lines cross to the curb side (if you know where that is)...or an unkown valve is closed somewhere...or a crimp in a line...or pressure is being lost... Have you checked under the rig to make sure water is not pouring/leaking out somewhere there when those non-functioning faucets are on?

You say you are on the road...are you anywhere near a service center?

Good luck...
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:08 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2000 30' Limited
Prescott , Arizona
Okay, so now the shower works. Don't know why, just turned it on and it started to flow (slowly at first.) Still no water at the kitchen faucet, however. The owner's manual shows no valve (I winterized and closed no such valve) for a cross-over, and no water is pouring/leaking out. A crimp in the line is doubtful because it is concealed under the floor. I'm in the middle of Zion/Bryce Canyon, UT, lucky to buy gasoline. No service centers. Anybody else out there with some ideas? It would be nice to do the dishes at the kitchen sink.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:12 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2010 28' Flying Cloud
Escondido , California
Is the sink faucet strainer clean?
jkcru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2000 30' Limited
Prescott , Arizona
Ahaaa... I tried the strainer before, but I removed the entire faucet after reading the last post, and it now works. The whole thing must have solidified during storage. I still don't know why it took so long for the shower to come around, but am happy everything is working. Thanks to everyone who chimed in over the last couple of days. This Airstream community is fantastic!

TIM