Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-25-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
Timeless Trailer Garage Sale

Industrial Garage Sale
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
Oh, how I wish I lived closer! I need new wheels & tires! Rats......

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Aerowood - thanks so much for the post!!! maybe there is an Argosy wheel cover hiding out there? have you seen any broken Argosy trailers on their place? even if no, would be interesting to go out and scout it out.

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
I am diffidently going over there as they are only about 15 blocks south from the house. I have a full day planned for Friday as I have my FAA medical in the AM, and was planning on going down to the aluminum dealer to buy the interior aluminum for the new endcaps and sidewalls. I will keep an eye out for your covers. PM me with a # in case they do.

Kip
Old 06-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
I'm going to see if I can figure out our schedule for tomorrow or Saturday, as I would really like to see this place. Unfortunately, we are not nearly as close as it sounds like you are.

In case I can't and you can, I will attach a pic of the Argosy wheel cover here. (as soon as I find it again) There look to be several items we might be interested in from their list. Have they had this type of sale before? Have you been? Do you think they have reasonable sale prices? We just spent our allowance (large ticket) on upgrading axle, so have to be careful. Thanks, Kip

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
Old 06-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
This is the first sale that I'm aware of
Old 06-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #7
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Argosy Hubcap Pic

OK, I found the picture, now if I can get it on here, without it being too big...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hubcap closeup.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	82941  

Old 06-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1966 20' Globetrotter
2016 27' International
Hillsboro , Texas
We are arriving in Denver at 2:30 Sat.
Phooey!
djs66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #9
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Well. we got out to the sale on Saturday around noon. There was not a lot there. One guy in garage area where sale was held said they had quite a bit yesterday??? He didn't know about future garage sales. Can't say their garage "sales" were much of a sale with prices I saw. Asked about bargaining (that's my idea of a garage sale) and the answer was "no". Hmm. Oh, well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:57 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
I got there around noon Fri and it was already picked thru pretty good. I agree on the prices. I was looking for wheels and they were gone by the time I got there
Old 06-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #11
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Hey Aerowood, so...not much noon Friday either....hmmmm. Oh, well, liked looking at some of the trailers parked out in lot.

What kind of wheels are you looking for. When we got our spare tire, we needed a wheel and I bargained a bit w/Big O Tires. Got a steel spare tire wheel (nothing real special looking, but matched what is on trailer) for right at $40. Another place you might do well is Paris Tire over on Oneida. Thats where we got our new Maxxis tires and I think we did well - 2 new tires for $198. Talk to Jeff Stone there, if interested.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
I would like some Aluminum if the price is right , but it is not a priorty
Old 06-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #13
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Wow...a dream come....too bad it's not closer...

Lot of neat stuff.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowood View Post
I got there around noon Fri and it was already picked thru pretty good. I agree on the prices. I was looking for wheels and they were gone by the time I got there
We must have just missed you Kip! We got there about 12:45-1:00 on Friday. We found a big box in the back that once we looked inside under all the crummy comforters had a treasure trove of 50's "guts". We snagged 7 drawers with the cool shaped birch handles that match Birdy's...we got all of them and a vent stack that is similar to ours all for $25. They weren't marked so we just asked and they said the drawers were 5-bucks a piece or if we took all of them "they'd make a deal"...so we made the deal.

Overall, things were a bit picked over by then...but we drove away VERY happy! We'll use the drawers (at least some of them) for under our new beds which we hope to get started on soon...possibly over the holiday weekend. Timing was good...

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:26 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1967 17' Caravel
1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
Thank you to those of you who were close enough and made the effort to show up for our garage sale. Like any garage sale, there were quite a number of people who were waiting for us to open first thing in the morning on the first day. The less expensive parts went very fast. On new items which we could use in future projects we, of course, kept the prices above wholesale but well under retail. Our purpose in holding the sale was to clear out the hundreds of take-off and overstock items or materials we no longer use in our products which we have collected over the past year or so, get them into the hands of people who need and appreciate them and keep them out of the landfill. All items from the sale are now gone or, in the case of new items, back in stock.

Unfortunately, there have been a couple of rumors circulating that we are going out of business. Like any good rumor, these started with a factual event such as the sale. To quote Mark Twain... "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated".

While we, like nearly every other business in the world, have seen our business decrease slightly from the record levels of the previous years and have made strategic moves to ensure our continued success. In that light we adjusted our staffing levels to reflect the current level of business. We have also elected not to renew the lease on the building where the sale was held and to conduct our operations solely out of the adjacent 10,000 SF building which we own. We had initially leased the sale space for the build-out of a new custom Airstream for which we had a confidentiality agreement with the owner. By locating the project in a separate space we were able to conduct tours of our main building without worry that our agreement would be breached…sort of our own “Skunk Works". These unfortunate rumors are believed to have been started or at least helped along by a would-be competitor. Any assistance in quelling these unfounded reports would be greatly appreciated.
Brett - TTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:47 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2016 23' International
Centennial , Colorado
Brett....I am glad to hear you are staying in business....You guys are awesome and I enjoyed the tour of your facility earlier this year when you hosted the Vintage Airstream Club.

Onward and upward!!