Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-12-2004, 01:13 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Sods Law...

Hi All....
U kn when it's gonna b one of those days...Mine was on thursday, I took the car for new tyres + trackin, cost Me £ 65...so I thought 2 Myself, Great, I feel a LOT safer driving in the wintery weather...so as I was on My way home, when the car way ahead of Me stopped suddenly, so did the ones in front, & so on... , I hit the brakes...and BROKE...broke ALL the ruddy front end... Pic's in My Photo file, Yr welcome 2 look, & please laugh...it sure CHEERED up the WIFE, 2 cars wrecked in 6 months...I'm kinda gettin good...
Take care ...Chris.....
Old 12-12-2004, 07:13 PM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Tough break! Keep your chin up, at least it's got new tires

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 08:20 AM   #3
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Nice customizing job...

Chris, once again, you've done a FINE job of customizing your ride...

I've decided that in addition to seat belts and airbags, we should provide you some of the best safety equipment available today to keep you safe. You're obviously having too much fun playing bumper cars.

I propose that we, the members of AirstreamForums.com, take up a collection for Chris to purchase a "Red Man Suit". These suits are used by law enforcement impact weapon training professionals to teach how to strike without being injured. They would function similarly inside an automobile.

Gang... you can forward your cash to me, and I'll get one ordered for Chris!

Roger
Attached Images

85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 03:17 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Smashin...

HI ALL...
Roger, that was a lttl cheeky...but point take.( ROFLOL )....My D/W says I NOT at FLA: now, so I best STOP doin " Test Track Dummy " impressions....I guess it's always funny when it happens 2 someone else, but bein ME, I jus laughed it off, remindin Myself NO - ONE was hurt at all... & the guy who I slid in2 was realy fine abt it all, i'm fully insured so no worries...
Until NOW...seems MY insurance CO:, won't talk 2 ME...they promised Me I'll kn 4 sure on Thursday...well it's SATURDAY now & I still don't KN abt My CUSTOM CAR....( Ha Ha...!!! ).....The Garage says it's a LOSS at abt £1600 damage 2 it, ( NOT a quote ), so it's covered 4 £2100... so I'm jus waitin 4 a price, The foto's r in My foto section, but when U get a Hood, Lite, Bumper, Grill...there aint realy NO serious damage...the radiator is Undamaged, & drives perfect, BUT...BUT the Govt: R tryin 2 get ALL cars OVER a certain age OFF the road...So I may BUY it bk, & let My mate repair it, His firm ONLY repair Classics - E-Types, Alphas, Triumphs, But as he's My Neighbour, & I GAVE him a 2.2 ltr DIESEL engine for the fun of it...2 stuff in2 his V W VAN...he said he OWES ME...But I aint askin 4 anyfin...jus a fair price, His standard of work, is Outstanding, as He was trained at ROLLS ROYCE...so I trust the Guy, U kn the sayin...wot Do U want...Quantity or Quality...so I'll keep U posted ...
So ALL take care....& if the WORST happens, I'll turn my car in2 a suit of ARMOUR...jus in case I TRIP OVER....LOL...All the Best...Chris.....
Old 12-21-2004, 12:24 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Good evening ALL.....
...Well I finaly got 2 hear from My insurance Co:, & the amount they offered Me was..was.....well U kn, chicken feed...it works out I LOST £650 in 5 months, sigh, still I goin 2 L@@K at another car 2morrow, funny how it IS exactly like the last one...LOL, same colour 2...BUT LOT more miles under the wheels...but with a FULL MOT, 1 year parts 'n labour warranty, it can't b 2 bad, the Guy assures Me that the Brakes had a total overhaul this very morning, service, & valet....BUT...yes the 'ole BUT, I'll c 4 Myself 2morrow after work...it don't cost nowt 4 a look...
So lets hope it IS wot it that the Guy said it's like...
Take care ALL...Chris.....
Old 12-30-2004, 01:00 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Replacement Vehicle...

Hi ALL....
Well I gone got Myself yet Another Car...well kind of...I seen it, tried it, liked it, put a deposit on it...but I CAN'T have it...the Garage Guy gone LOST the LOG BOOK, which means I can't TAX the thing, NO - TAX, No go on the road....BUT...Hee Hee...The guy DID say, due 2 the Xmas Post & holidays Ect...IF I need 2, I may get the use of a car, until Mine is sorted...so I bn waitin days 'n days now, but I need a car, so I calls him on the fone...Within 35 mins, I had a car sittin in My drive...very similar 2 the one I jus lost....except U can't get REVERSE, & 3rd gear...Only 1 headlamp working, heater blows cold, only open passenger door from the inside, the exhaust is blowin...plus lots of irritatin noises....SO what, it starts & in a fashion it drives, still I'll B handin it back in a few days ( HOPEFULY )...so I'm havin My tea, & finkin, wot a Guy, wot a pile of junk, My mobile rings...it's DAN, have U got a blue fiesta at yr place...YEP I says...Dan, the garage guy Screams down the fone with delight...& hangs up....30 mins later a car hauler pulls up, & the Guy off loads another Fiesta...& with a few words spoken, he carts the other one away...I gets in the car 2 drop it in the drive, & there was a bottle of WINE on the seat, addresed 2 ME, from DAN...the garage MAN...& the fuel tank IS half way 2...Hee Hee...What a wonderful lttl motor car, now IF it had, has 5 doors instead of 3..I may b seriously doin a deal....but I need a 5 door...so I can do my tail-Bootin in...
All the VERY BESTEST 2U ALL 4 the NEW YEAR...Chris.....
Old 12-30-2004, 02:18 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Chris, you have to write a book. You know that, don't you? Who else has so many scrapes and comes out smelling like that proverbial rose? We want an autographed copy, thanks!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 01:32 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Chris, you have to write a book. You know that, don't you? Who else has so many scrapes and comes out smelling like that proverbial rose? We want an autographed copy, thanks!
LOL at CnBjoMan posts, glad your OK and if there's a book coming I too would like a copy! Would also like a red suit incase I wreck this new car so Dan can't kill me , though I just damage our stuff... like backing into sons new car, and taking out the side of Tundra on our iron entry fence so you see the need for the suit!
Rhodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 12:30 AM   #9
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Book Me Officer....

Hi Maxandgeorgia & California Streamin...
.....Yep I sure have My share of FUN... I bn finkin of a BOOK 4 ages now, but U kn how it is...I guess Mine would B abt HOW STUPID I R...I got a million & 1 lttl stories, but who has'nt..LOL..I'll jus put a few quick one liners down 4 U, jus as an idea of HOW I got 2 live this long..LMJO....
I was in the back yard, & I needed the toilet, so I ran like the wind thro the house, upstairs...then it HIT ME...I STILL got My SPIKED RUNNIN SHOES ON...& we jus had NEW LINO fitted in the kitchen....

Took a short-cut home from School, thro the COW field...only those COWS were BULLS, I STILL got the Scars on my BUM 2 prove I came SECOND, as 4 My NEW school pants..OOOPS !... I blame U lot 4 inventin BARBED WIRE, Grrr.

Went 2 the shop 4 sum BOILED EGGS...naturaly U could'nt buy them...Mmm So I got 2 regular ones, Yep I had 2 pockets of EGG MUSH when I got home, But sure had one great time rollin about with My buddies New PUPPY...

Went 2 the same store 4 sum LEMONS 2 have with our Pancakes...I DID read the note...yet I came home with MELONS....

Made Mom a MUSTARD sandwich, It looked like LEMON CURD...HONEST...

Brushed My teeth with Cream Cheese instead of Tooth paste...same colour tube...well Blue / Green...all the same 2 Me...LOL.

Put the STRAWBERRIES in the JELLY b4 it sets....Anyone else likes Jelly & RADDISH Desert...

Heated up Moms New Thermometer...U kn, jus 2 C how far the red stuff will go up the scale...Does POP mean anything...

I used 2 do P E in a pair of pumps, which were realy cool...One was BLACK, the other WHITE...one a size 7, the other size 8, one was a SLIP ON, the other a LACE UP....but despite BOTH being LEFT FEET...it never stopped Me enjoyin Myself, & it sure learned Me 2 look after Myself 2...LOL...

So it Goes on, endless Stupidity...well I did'nt KN wot the lttl lever was 4 on the fountain pen...& Mom had spent ages launderin the clothes, & ironin them....it was ONLY one blot of ink...4 inches in diameter....Well FANX 4 readin Me 2DAY, so U reccon I should GO4 the BOOK or what ???...
I hope U enjoyed it...& My family & I WISH U ALL A very HAPPY NEW YEAR...did I ever tell U abt when I 4got 2 put the hand brake on, & My car was there one moment & gone the next, I though it had fell out wiv Me, & decided 2 go solo...thinkin it will soon B back when it need re fuelin Guess it don't work like us humans...there's still a hole in that fence, been there since '72...I did that, I say, every time I pass that way...I chuckle 2...kinda makes Me think how the GOOD days were...God bless U ALL...Chris.....
Old 01-01-2005, 02:16 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Did you say once that you're the "Plant safety officer" at work????
lmao
happy new years to you and folks across the pond..
53FC aka T7
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 08:35 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Yep, I think the book is a sure best seller! And yes, the days are good Happy New Year to you and all!
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 01-01-2005, 12:09 PM   #12
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Hee Hee ...

Hi Vern, & Max:
Yep most likely a RUBBER PLANT Guy...as I keep on BOUNCIN right on back...LOL, Must have bn that Visit 2 Boston, kinda upset My ballance...I mean -14 degrees & 35 mph winds.... LMAO...
Say Max, Missouri...aint that where Michael Wallis comes from, the Route 66 writer, I got one of His videos...quite good 2...Have U RODE the Mother Road at all ?...I keep on tellin My self I gonna do...one day...sigh...U kn way back in '94 I had saved My £££'s 2 buy a realy nice car...but I took the Family 2 Florida instead, as a Thank You...Nuffin special, jus fort they wood like it...& in '95, '97' '00 & Boston last year, Met FC53 & we comin over in Nov this year, I can't explain Why, jus as U guys can't explain why U tow AIRSTREAMS...but I guess it's the SAME kinda feelin...I mean, We got europe on our doorstep, Thanks, but NO THANKS, Besides we jus got an old airdrome Re-Open up, & flyin 2 europe starts this summer...& International starts in a couple of years...so with it only bein a few miles away from Our home...it's realy Great...I guess 2 that I gotta get a bigger SCANNER, I jus Luv AIRCRAFT, & I kn there R a LOT of Flyers amoungst U 'Ole timers...I guess thats why U got the A/S, as they look like the aircraft boddies...LOL, ( NO insults intended )...
Still, as far as the BOOK Goes...I guess I may jus kick-in there & give it a go...& YES U'll B mentiond 2 LOL....I once rolled a FLAT tyre abt 4 miles 2 the nearest garage 2 B repaired...only 2 B asked why I never put the SPARE ON... Well IF U don't kn, U don't kn...Mmm new meanin of FITH WHEELER...Chris...
Old 01-01-2005, 02:29 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Chris, we've ridden portions of the old 66 that run diagonally through Missouri (now I44), but we've not yet taken that trip to the Southwest that will have us driving some of those old classic parts of it. Like lots of others, we've read about it and we've seen some specials about the old 66 on TV. Maybe this year with my retirement and Max's partial retirement, we'll head Southwest with Gypsy and take in the Four Corners area and other "out West" places that are on our wanna-do list. I'm sure lots of the Forum members know about Route 66, and some probably live along it.
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Old 01-02-2005, 12:24 AM   #14
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Re Routed...

Good Morning Maxandgeorgia....
Gypsy, is that Yr Pet ?.... I'm with U on that one...LOL, I KN Kath from Tenn:, has NVR bn 2 Memphis, tho She lives in Mc.Manville...not a stones throw away...well it looks quite close on the map...LOL, OH Humm !!! ONE inch = 10,000 MILES...ROFLOL....nvr bn good at geography...SIGH !.....Sure is one hell-of-a big place, no wonder U guys FLY every where....
I wrote this B4, so 4 U Guys who read it way bk, 4Give Me, bk in '95 We went 2 Old Town, in Kissimmi, Orlando, & My D/D spotted this Guy, I almost POOPED out man...He was an INDIAN...He had his lttl D/D with Him 2, I seen 'em on TV...LOL, WOW I fort, I GOTTA talk 2 this Guy, if there IS one thing on My DO's-List...that IS one of 'em...so I goes over 2 Him & spoke 2 Him...I WAS GOB SMACKED...He spoke like U GUYS DO...LOL...U C I watch far 2 many Cowboy films on TV...I fort He spoke in Broken words...But He was jus a regular Guy from the Black Hills of Dakota, & He drove, a Chevy CHIEFTAN Pik-Up...with a Beautiful pic down the side of the Hills & a Chief on horse back in the sunset..WOW...wot a sight...so I guess fins jus AINT wot they seem 2 B, BUT Still I MET a REAL INDIAN...So doin '66 wood kinda B the same 2, as nuffin IS wot it appears 2 B nowadays, everyone comes along & takes a piece from here a bit from there, take down this, put up this, & the stories get so distorted...NO body kns wots wot anymore, & it ALL ends up a Tourist trap full of crap...but U kn...I STILL wanna do it, find out 4 myself..well there R things a Guys jus gotta do...trouble IS..jud DOIN IT...Take Care now & FANX...Chris.....
Old 01-02-2005, 02:12 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
I gotta tell you folks...
Having met Chris in person..
He talks just like writes...lol
neat guy~
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 09:01 AM   #16
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
If Chris talks just like he writes, then it must have made the Dakota Indian's day. He's probably writng about his conversation with Canny on an Indian Forum somewhere. LOL

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:10 AM   #17
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Hi Guys....Me agn...LOL.

Me NO rite like I talk...Me jus Talk like I rite...SLOW.....
I Got HELP reversin My CAR in2 a parkin space last week, by a Traffic Cop....When I came bk from My shoppin, I found a note inside a plastic bag stuck 2My windshield...it read " PARKIN FINE "...what a nice chap, & I fort I done real crap... I rolled a flat tire 4 miles 2 get it repaired...the tire Guy kept on abt a SPARE TIRE....He did'nt look all that BIG 2 ME.....same as when the battery went down on My first car an Austin Cambridge Estate '66, The Guy in the car park asked if I had a STARTIN HANDLE...I said Yes, & gave Him the KEY...OK, OK, I was Young, & D/Ws jus asked what excuses I make 2DAY...Ha Ha Ha...LOL...( Bless Her )....
There r TWO fins I wanna LEARN...One is Sign Talk, the other 2B able 2 read SMOKE SIGNALS....well it helps 2 understand what My FOOD is tellin Me when I BURN it, Oh & how 2 STOP My Pup drinkin My BUD ! ! ! ...
Well Life is jus a stage, & We're ALL part of the CAST....I keep on bein told that I should B on the stage...Realy I says...Yea realy comes the reply...SWEEPIN IT...Take care now...Chris.....
Old 01-03-2005, 03:28 AM   #18
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Talking Parts of route 66...

Chris,
As always I enjoy reading your posts....when I was younger I had my fair share of british cars; MG's and Triumphs you would think that I would taken a hint that when a car is named after somone's garage.....(for those that don't know MG stands for Morris Garage and the joke is, "if it isn't in Morris' Garage it will be in someone elses, being repaired" ) Anyway, I have driven along parts of Route 66 with my travels to and from various places. Parts of it still look like they did in it's heyday, a little weather beaten but still there. Parts are missing completely, and others have become the perenial tourist trap. When I visit an area of the country, I typically try to drive the older US higways, those are the ones that still have the little mom and pop stores and motels on them, you get to see what America was/is all about by driving those roads.

Also Chris FWIW it takes about 6.5 hours at 500mph to fly across the USA Almost as long as it takes to fly to GB from the USA....

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:24 AM   #19
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
M. B 2 G. B...

Greetins Wahoonc.....
I once owned a MORRIS 1100...The FIRST car I ever got in2 trouble with the law in...the lane was ONLY 20 yards long, & >>> ONE WAY >>>....But OFFICER I IS only goin <<<ONE WAY<<<, Ooops !.
When WE first came on over " The Pond " it took us abt 9.5 Hrs from Manchester...bk in '94, now our last time was abt 8 3/4 hrs...but We once got bk in 8 1/4, with the wind up our Union-Jacks...LOL.Now Gonna go-on a lttl here, this IS our Typical day when We leave 2 come visit Yr WONDERFUL COUNTRY...::
Up at 4AM...get ready, go 2 Airport,abt 2hrs travel, B there 3 hrs B4 We fly, 9 1/2 hr flight, then customs-Van Hire, & find / Arrive at Villa, 2 hrs, so our day is abt 17 /19 long, then U Guys r 5hrs BEHIND the UK time...so We get a very L O N G day indeed...& YES, it IS worth it...LOL,
Now IF I done the "66", I would also jus have 2 go OFF the track a lttl 2 C the fins I might otherwise MISS...& I don't intend 2 MISS a thing...U Kn, We Almost booked 2do VEGAS this year...but, well I don't realy kn what happened, I guess We jus Leave a lttl piece of us bk in FLA, & WE jus come on bk 2C if it's still there...I guess it's a kinda NO other place will do, kinda place, there's jus summat abt the place...I say it's that "All U can EAT Diner" & the Folk R pretty Good 2 US....& havin an interest in the '50s Americana & Yr Heavey Metal Cars....& the list goes on, Chit, I jus live in the wrong place, if U get my drift...So Fanx 4 yr Kind words, I 2 luv readin U Guys, & fanx 4 makin me feel Welcome, jus 'cos I DON'T own an A/S, don't mean I don't like 'em...LOL...Take care now...Chris....
Old 01-07-2005, 12:17 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Down but NOT under...

Hi All....
...So a few days have passed since I saw My replacement car...I would be drivin Her around but 4 one thing...it still can't b taxed, as I have NO log book...Not my problem, as the car Is still in the Garage..now 2day I fenaly learnt what has actualy happened 2 the log book....
The last keeper 4got 2 hand it 2 the Garage Guy, when he delivered his NEW car, & pick up His old one, ( the one I interested in buyin...), So what's happened is, the Guy was writin out His Xmas cards...& He thinks that the Log book Has bn sent 2 AUSTRALIA, along with the christmas cards...LOL.
...So I was assured that Dan had bn on the Phone 2 the taxation office & paid His £30, & gettin a NEW log book, which will B with us by Wednesday the latest..( so fingers crossed )...So I jus hope I'll B MOBILE in My own car agn very soon...SIGH !...'till then I still get 2 drive around in a wonderful piece of trash...But 2nd class drivin IS bttr than 1st class walkin...lmao...
I have never kn anythin 2B so frustratin in My life...what can B hard abt walkin on2 the used car lot & sayin...That one Please...& 4 the record...There R a million cars out there 4 sale....but WE ALL kn when We found " The one " 2 suit us..., it IS exactly the same as my D/ds, except a few thou Less miles on the clock, Oh Yea, & it's CLEAN...LOL...Chris.....