Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2015, 12:07 PM   #1

2002 34' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Orofino , Idaho
New to this and need help..

Hello fellow airstream owners.
I'm hoping to put my airstream up for sale on the airstream classifieds site.. I'm not experienced navigating some of these websites so any help would be much appreciated.

Also, I've had problems keeping my brand new Atwood tankless water heater lit. Contacting Atwood directly has been no help. I'd just like to have this issue resolved or know more about it before its put up for sale.

Thank you
pamp85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
What is the heater doing?

Dose it light briefly or not at all?

If briefly and goes out in a few seconds the flame may not be hitting the thermocouple and shutting off on safety.

If it does not light at all I would check the igniter to see if it sparking at the burner.

As for the classified you have to sign in to it separately. Once in it should be straight froward. Put as many pictures as you can and a good description of the trailer and its history.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #3

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
You have to log into the airstreamclassifieds.com website separately from airforums.com, but you use the same username and password that you use on airforums.

You can post 10 photos of the trailer directly on the website, and if you have a lot more photos you can share them from some photo-sharing site like flickr or google photos and post that URL in the ad. It helps to have both interior and exterior photos. If you use an iThing to take your photos (iPad, iPhone, etc) you may need to do some post-processing of the photos to make sure they display in the proper orientation. It'll look fine on the iPhone but sometimes comes out sideways or inverted on a web page.

Including a phone number on the ad is generally a good idea, it gives people a quick way to contact you and makes them feel you're more likely an above-board seller. If your 34' slideout is in good shape and priced close to the market value, I expect you'll have lots of interest and may sell it quickly. Please remember to mark the ad "Sold" when you sell it, and best of luck.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:14 PM   #4

2002 34' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Orofino , Idaho
Thank you for the replies and advice.
The igniter on the tank seemed to be in working order, just not lighting.
I wonder if the capacitor isn't giving it enough juice and causing some kind of safety feature to trip.

So many wires on this darn thing.
Old 06-21-2015, 02:23 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
If you can see a spark and the heater is not lighting it could be the spark is not hitting the burner at the right place to ignite or more likely there is no gas.

Try lighting it with a hand held grill starter while it is attempting to light. If that works the spark has to be moved.

If that does not work I would crack the gas connection at the heater gas valve until you smell gas. Reconnect and wait a minute than try it.

Sometimes when filling or changing propane tanks air gets into the lines. The pilot valve on the heater and water heater are not big enough to purge the air and you think there is a problem when it is just air in the lines.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:19 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
1999 27' Safari
1968 17' Caravel
Fountain Valley , California
We bought our Airstream through a Craig's List listing. I know the seller had other callers other than ourselves, but we had committed over the phone, and had a long drive to get there, so he held it for us. Might want to consider Craigs list for selling it.
WindyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
I've not had much luck with Craigslist, so I don't bother. I do check the classifieds here frequently, though. The 34' coaches seem to go pretty quickly, so be prepared to have it gone shortly after you list it.
1993 Foretravel U300 (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:39 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamp85 View Post
Hello fellow airstream owners.
I'm hoping to put my airstream up for sale on the airstream classifieds site.. I'm not experienced navigating some of these websites so any help would be much appreciated.

Also, I've had problems keeping my brand new Atwood tankless water heater lit. Contacting Atwood directly has been no help. I'd just like to have this issue resolved or know more about it before its put up for sale.

Thank you
Water has to be flowing before the tankless will ignite. Sometimes the flow to a single low flow fixture (like a shower wand) is not enough. Try turning on two fixtures, set all the way to hot, to see if that makes it light.
Or, could a winterize valve partially open/close?
Old 06-24-2015, 04:19 PM   #9
Colo.Dave

2015 27' Flying Cloud
2003 25' Safari
Parker , Colorado
A second to DKB_SATX recommendations, only I wouldn't give out my phone #.
I sold my 25' Safari last fall using Craigs list here in Denver. Had the 1st email within an hour, and had 26 requests for interest or "I wan't the trailer, and I'll pay you over whatever offers you've had" within a day and a half. Sold it for what I asked to the first respondent (1st come, 1st served), $19,500.
Dingram/Colo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:11 AM   #10

2002 34' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Orofino , Idaho

Thank you all for your advice!
Apologies for not responding promptly. I was responding by replying to the E-mails I had received. Didn't work too well.
Service is hit and miss up in the sticks of Idaho. I am trying to get setup to where I don't have to run to the post office to get online. Apologies.
I hot water heater is up and running with full force. Simple fix. A darn caterpillar got himself stuck in the intake valve! That was the first thing I checked but thanks to a pipe cleaner I was able to make sure everything was cleared second time around.
I posted our airstream on here and have had trouble uploading interior photos (too big?) Same camera and pics only taken moments a part. Still.... Too big. Hmmm...
Also, why does the advanced search only let you choose one description? I was wanting to compare and match prices. The only thing I have to go on is what one sold for in Washington two years ago.
Does a KBB of airstreams exist?
Old 06-25-2015, 09:45 AM   #11

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Hmmm... the maximum file size for Classifieds photos should be 10 megs, which is quite a large photo. What's the actual file size of the images being rejected? It may be that only one of them is too large but the batch is getting rejected. PM me if you need further assistance with the classifieds, I'm the moderator who deals most with the classified ads.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote