Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2020, 06:54 PM   #1

2004 25' Classic
Yucca Valley , California
Pleated folding bedroom door removal

I'm going to need to replace/repair my Irvin pleated folding door in my airstream travel trailer. I am very handy but I'm stumped on how to remove the door. I can easily take the track down but do not see how to free the last pleated mounting section to be able to pull the door out of the recessed pocket in which it is mounted. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Folding door resessed 7 inches.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	306.8 KB
ID:	374066   Click image for larger version

Name:	Folding door track in airstream trailer.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	374067  

dwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 07:47 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Hinckley , Ohio
If I remember correctly, close it and check if its screwed to the wall. Take the track down. Swap the rear hanger part for the front one. You don’t need the back one really.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:12 PM   #3

2004 25' Classic
Yucca Valley , California
That did the trick Bigventure, thanks. I was thinking I needed to release door 1st but taking track out opened everything up and made it much easier.
dwind is offline   Reply With Quote