Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Special Editions and Limited Releases > Tommy Bahama Special Editions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-25-2020, 10:22 PM   #1
Some Guy

1968 26' Overlander
2021 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
Tommy Bahama Fridge Upgrade...sort of ....

Did this today. Took about a week for the laminate to come in, and about half an hour to do the upgrade. Ordered the Nevamar Machiatto sheet, used a straight edge and sharp utility knife (careful and repetitive cuts) and then slid back in front of the plastic stainless. The removal of door handles and plastic was the only thing that slowed me as there is NOTHING on the internet about their removal (for this specific model).

My wife and I love this update to the look!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jarrett_TB_Fridge_Update.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	727.3 KB
ID:	371212  
2019 RAM PowerWagon TV-Petrol Hemi
WBCCI # 22342
djarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:36 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Flint , Michigan
Great project!! I can’t see handles in your photo. Are they there and just hard to see or do you still need to reattach them. Curious, what length and layout is your TB AS?
Whamm511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:07 PM   #3
Some Guy

1968 26' Overlander
2021 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
Handles are there, the wood panels makes them go stealth it seems. This is a 27TBFB.

Thanks!
DJ
WBCCI # 22342
Old 06-29-2020, 11:29 AM   #4
Shameless

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Rockledge , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to jefflee1
Can you send any further details on the part #'s etc for the panel, fitted dimensions, and other learnings on removing the old SS panels and handles? You've inspired us to the sincerest form of flattery; copying! (imitation)...

Thanks and enjoy!
jefflee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:28 PM   #5
Some Guy

1968 26' Overlander
2021 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
I posted the details over on the Tommy Bahama Airstream Facebook page - but here goes:

Ordered the laminate 48x96 sheet. Took end off of fridge (don’t waste your time looking on the internet on how to, message me), pulled the plastic stainless out and traced for size. Used a very sharp razor knife and a straight edge and scribed over and over the cuts until it went through (light pressure), laid new panels over the top of old stainless panels, slid back in and buttoned up ends of doors. Done

Tt’s Nevamar Macchiato pattern WF0011. I googled Nevamar distributor and had to special order (1 week). Did a will call. Comes rolled in a box. Came in at $73 for the laminate.

If you decide to do it, PM me and I can walk you through the door end cap removal. That was the trickiest part as there are NO online or printed removal instructions. I just figured it out without breaking anything! You can also e-mail me at: nasvilleairstreamer@gmail.com
WBCCI # 22342
Old 07-03-2020, 12:56 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Saint Louis , MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by djarrett View Post
Did this today. Took about a week for the laminate to come in, and about half an hour to do the upgrade. Ordered the Nevamar Machiatto sheet, used a straight edge and sharp utility knife (careful and repetitive cuts) and then slid back in front of the plastic stainless. The removal of door handles and plastic was the only thing that slowed me as there is NOTHING on the internet about their removal (for this specific model).

My wife and I love this update to the look!

Love the look!

Jeff Radford
2019 Classic 30RB
2023 F350 Platinum
JeffRadford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 05:51 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Foothill Ranch , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by djarrett View Post
I posted the details over on the Tommy Bahama Airstream Facebook page - but here goes:

Ordered the laminate 48x96 sheet. Took end off of fridge (don’t waste your time looking on the internet on how to, message me), pulled the plastic stainless out and traced for size. Used a very sharp razor knife and a straight edge and scribed over and over the cuts until it went through (light pressure), laid new panels over the top of old stainless panels, slid back in and buttoned up ends of doors. Done

Tt’s Nevamar Macchiato pattern WF0011. I googled Nevamar distributor and had to special order (1 week). Did a will call. Comes rolled in a box. Came in at $73 for the laminate.

If you decide to do it, PM me and I can walk you through the door end cap removal. That was the trickiest part as there are NO online or printed removal instructions. I just figured it out without breaking anything! You can also e-mail me at: nasvilleairstreamer@gmail.com
Wow! This is exactly the look we were hoping for! We just purchased our 2017 yesterday, and looking for how to take a great coach and make it even better! I'll email you about getting specific instructions, but thanks so much for sharing this!

Mark of SJC

UPDATE - Tried to email nasvilleairstreamer@gmail.com, but it bounced back as undeliverable. And I'm so new I'm not allowed to PM. Help!
Mark of SJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 10:42 PM   #8
Some Guy

1968 26' Overlander
2021 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
Nashvilleairstreamer@gmail.com
WBCCI # 22342