Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #1

1978 31' Sovereign
Noblesville , Indiana
1978 Airstream Sovereign 31 - Indiana

Title: 1978 Airstream Sovereign 31 - Indiana
I just posted a new ad on Airstream Classifieds.

For sale is my beautiful Airstream. It needs a little work to make it completely usable but it is all original and complete. Air con, electrics, gas and plumbing all work. Shower needs a few items to connect up but that's all. I bought it a year ago in order to get up to scratch and use but time isn't on my side and I've just come out of a divorce and so priorities are elsewhere. I have towed it with my Dodge Ram 2500 and it pulls straight and smoothly. I haven't had the electrics hooked up to my truck or the brakes and so I can't guarantee their condition. I had the trailer delivered to me by a local truck company and I only towed it around the block once to see how my truck pulled it. Inside it is completely original. Separate bedroom, shower / bathroom. Kitchen and dining area with picnic table that converts into another double bed. Curtains all round. In order to make it roadworthy I'd say it needs new tires and likely brake overhaul. I noticed when positioning that one of the legs also is kinked and so doesn't extend 100% but I just placed a block under to level out nicely. Inside just the shower needs some minor pipe work to hook back up. I lifted the carpet in the corners and noticed some floor rot, but it's certainly not in 'bad condition' I'm just being honest. Has fridge freezer, gas stove etc. Would be an ace and easy project for someone with more time. Would also be pretty simple to get into a condition to use regularly. Exterior wise it has a few minor dings but nothing that would stand out or look ugly. A great vintage airstream which requires relatively little to get really nice. Very watertight. I currently have it stored on my land (as can be seen in the pictures). I'd be happy to keep it stored for free where it is for a period of time if required if you wish to purchase but don't have the ability to store or tow at this point. Obviously I'd require payment for the airstream and I'd hand over the title. Happy to answer any questions on this little gem.
You can contact us by filling in the form on the right hand column of the ad listing:

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...gn-31-indiana/
Britboy is offline   Reply With Quote