Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
The Tuson control system plugs into the OBDII port of the truck so it knows what the truck is doing as it sends a brake signal to the ABS hydraulic brake controller mounted on the trailer. The main thing is that the trailer brakes do not lock up when the roads are wet and a max brake situation arises.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy View Post
It's a dream but with what I saw this past weekend on some SOB's - an outside kitchen hatch with stove, mini fridge and sink. It's a design issue but do-able.
My Airstream has an outside kitchen- a folding table and an electric griddle-
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:46 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Pacifica , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwok View Post
Wi-fi repeater with antenna integrated into something outside, say inside a plastic cover. Maybe a big one on the inside cover of the AC shroud.
Oh that's a good one!! Hmm has anyone done this? I would consider doing that if it's functional...
Old 10-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #24
Slowpoke

2012 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
I'd like wiring chases with taglines that connect the equipment spaces together. Many boat builders include these to make it easier to install electronics and other equipment that needs power. It would add very little materials and labor cost to put in the chases when the wiring is pulled at the factory.

Our Flying Cloud didn't come with the factory-installed inverter, and it will be tough to install one in the finished trailer. There's no way to get wiring from the battery relay in the front to the charger and load center in the galley, or to the space behind the fridge on the road side. I want to install a simple inverter in the front stowage area that will power a dedicated outlet strip in the closet, on the road side forward of the fridge - to run the wine cooler while we're on the road! The trailer gets too warm when on the road, and the wine cooler will keep the Cabernet ready to drink when we stop for the night. The cooler draws very little AC current, and the batteries are being charged by the TV when connected, so no discharge worries. We can also use the outlets in the closet to charge all our electronic toys.

We're talkin' necessities here...
Gnorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Plug inverter into 12v accent light?
robwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:49 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
If it's a low use charge...
robwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I second a tank level monitoring system that works excellent as well and a battery monitor

4 stage charger/inverter

If not better stock batteries - make the box very simple for upgrade later

Replace the outdoor "scare light" with anything that would be in some way desirable

Disc brakes sounds very nice

Better FW tank valve

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:56 PM   #28
Slowpoke

2012 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwok View Post
Plug inverter into 12v accent light?
Too much load for that. Gotta plan for the worst case. None of the loads are large individually, but if they were all on at once, drawing maybe 5A of 120V, that translates to 50A of 12VDC. Bigger than any single DC load on the trailer. Hence, a 1000W inverter, connected directly to the batteries (fused, of course) with short lengths of #2 wire, and then 14-3 stranded wire from the inverter to the closet. I'll use an outdoor grade commercial extension cord for the AC run, but I sure would like to be able to pull that wire inside the trailer without having to drill out rivets and drop belly pan panels...
Gnorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:35 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
I would like the option of clear glass in the windows. Not all of us live in hot climates with sunshine which needs to be shielded out all the time. On a gray day my FC 20' is like a tomb inside. My old Argosy with clear glass windows is fine.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:39 PM   #30
Flying Cloud 27

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Union Hall , Virginia
Better door catches, option recliner in place of dinette
smlbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:53 PM   #31

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I would like to see an on-board 3000 watt LP gas generator to go along with the new 40# aluminum tanks.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:00 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2007 25' International CCD FB
Northridge , California
I would like the option of having the all in one bath on all models with a bathroom window that opens, even if its small. Also bring back the tub like in the vintage models. I also would kinda like to see out the window in the door. Maybe i could put a decorative stained glass decal on it for a bit of privacy but not that smoked out oval they have now. I would also like the location of the booth and kitchen reversed on the 30ft so the neighbors arent staring at you as you eat breakfast, and while we are at it not have the door block part of the window like the 28ft, and a few diff bedroom layout options I would rather have a smaller bed vs a queen and have more living or dressing room area. hmmm that sums it up I think ooh more plugs both kinds.I think you should be able to design your own.
LilNomad
LiLNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:48 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
ottawa (greely) , Ontario
#1 better quality! #2 a floor that doesn't rot , maybe a marine plywood floor covered with a fiber glass resin,or epoxy ,etc, #3 aluminum steps, #4 aluminum frame,#5 a separate black tank on the 16 sport, #6 12 volt outlets (3)one at the tv cable outlet in bed area and one near the radio and one at the dinette area for pluging in Accessories to the already usb outlets that are already on the 2015 models,#7 a outside led light additional,To the LED step light, #8 standard front stainless steel wrap around protectors. #9 Optional 120 volt inverter,# 10 better quality rims ( should not see any corrossion on them for at least 6 years ! Or more.

Don and Carole ( greely ,ontario,Canada)
2012 silverado ext cab 4x4 ,5.3 L , 6 speed trans,3:42 final drive,tow package standard box 6 1/2 foot . 2014 honda forza 300 scooter, #2 2015 honda crf 250 L (Dual sport)
scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:10 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Why don't they have aluminum floors like the Livin' Lite Camplite (recently bought by Thor)? Or Trex decking?
The Classic does have aluminum steps. That influenced my decision.
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 10-31-2014, 01:12 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
The Classic also has a scare light and stainless steel rock guards. All of these things can be added to the Sport at Jackson Center. I know because I've seen it done.
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 10-31-2014, 07:45 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
It would be nice to have one of those "scare lights" especially today October 31....
Sorry could not resist.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:10 AM   #37
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnorts View Post
I'd like wiring chases with taglines that connect the equipment spaces together. Many boat builders include these to make it easier to install electronics and other equipment that needs power. It would add very little materials and labor cost to put in the chases when the wiring is pulled at the factory.

Our Flying Cloud didn't come with the factory-installed inverter, and it will be tough to install one in the finished trailer. There's no way to get wiring from the battery relay in the front to the charger and load center in the galley, or to the space behind the fridge on the road side. I want to install a simple inverter in the front stowage area that will power a dedicated outlet strip in the closet, on the road side forward of the fridge - to run the wine cooler while we're on the road! The trailer gets too warm when on the road, and the wine cooler will keep the Cabernet ready to drink when we stop for the night. The cooler draws very little AC current, and the batteries are being charged by the TV when connected, so no discharge worries. We can also use the outlets in the closet to charge all our electronic toys.

We're talkin' necessities here...

I've done that installation many times! There IS a very elegant way to do what you seek.

PM me for details!

Lew Farber
RVIA/RVDA Nationally Certified Master Tech
Master Tech Energy Systems, Inc.
AM Solar Certified Installation Center
Lifeline Batteries**Magnum Inverters
541-490-6357
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:10 AM   #38
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by scamp View Post
#1 better quality! #2 a floor that doesn't rot , maybe a marine plywood floor covered with a fiber glass resin,or epoxy ,etc, #3 aluminum steps, #4 aluminum frame,#5 a separate black tank on the 16 sport, #6 12 volt outlets (3)one at the tv cable outlet in bed area and one near the radio and one at the dinette area for pluging in Accessories to the already usb outlets that are already on the 2015 models,#7 a outside led light additional,To the LED step light, #8 standard front stainless steel wrap around protectors. #9 Optional 120 volt inverter,# 10 better quality rims ( should not see any corrossion on them for at least 6 years ! Or more.

Don and Carole ( greely ,ontario,Canada)
An aluminum frame was research tested in San Antonio, some 4 decades ago.

It was ahuge failure, yet it appeared to be well constructed.

I saw it under test.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:33 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Many folks are asking for more dc and ac electrical outlets. That most probably requires additional battery and battery charging capacity, which I would like to see in the form of larger solar output to larger AGM batteries with their solar option.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:16 AM   #40
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
Wow! As the OP I'm didn't expect this many responses and so many great ideas. It was kind of a tongue in cheek comment about how I fell about network TV, especially celebrity worship shows. Most of you seemed to miss that or chose to ignore it. I hope some from Airstream Inc. is looking as this, as there are some good ideas and valid complaints.

I have mixed feelings about this but my wife would like to see a 30' front bedroom. Probably would have to buy a new AS, but at least I know what I'd order.