Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-01-2015, 11:31 AM   #461
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
At Wally World - they only had one at location near my work and noted weight limit 60 lbs vs 200 lbs for the ALPS brand - the ozark is a tad more expensive too - I'll hold out for Amazon delivery - unless I find something o like more locally

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
200 pounds? Making horse shoes?

REI Outlet claims to have them. $19 and change plus shipping. Spend $50 and get free shipping.
Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:44 PM   #462
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
lol, well, you never know when you need that side table to place an anvil on from your toolbox right?

No I just figure that perhaps the stated higher rating means it may (stress "may") prove to be less flimsy (relatively speaking)...the Ozark WM offering and the seemingly identical one made by "Magellan" at academy I peaked at as well, but it is the same thing, probably made in the same factory I suspect.

Notable also is that the Ozark is just a bit larger..at 21 inches square vs. 18 inches.

I picked up at academy a couple clip on side table drink holder thingies that can clip onto my lafumas - 9.99 a piece

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:48 PM   #463
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
When we first started with our first trailer, a Casita 17', there was no room for recliners in the back of our 4Runner and I didn't want to store them in the trailer. We had camp chairs that folded up into a bag that could be stored easily.

Now that we have an Airstream and a pickup truck the DW wanted recliners. We picked up a couple from Costco. They recline and have small swing out tables. While nice they are a pain to store since they don't fold up into a slender bag. I have to lay them flat in the bed of the pickup because of the tonneau cover and take up a lot of bed floor real estate. After a year of using them I finally figured out they should be located in the rear of the bed against the tailgate so they are easy to remove and put back quickly. They are the main reason why I wouldn't consider another truck with only a 5 1/2' bed.

Kelvin

I think our Ram 2500 has a 6 foot bed...the lafumas x 2 take up a nice chunk of that space, but we also sometimes will toss those two into the bunkhouse rear bed area ....but really we have no need to ever...we are rarely short on space in the back of the truck really. Only time space would be at a higher premium would be when I tote along my honker generator....in that case I would store those in the trailer no biggie.

They are a large and relatively heavy item for sure....after using them for over a season now, they MUST come along....even my wife initially skeptical enjoys hers very much.

And she has been skeptical of my helinox one chair...but that thing is always so handy, and I have used it a TON lately for various situations...and I get it out...next thing you know SHE is sitting in it...I point this out and she has the audacity to say "well, I don't think its great but it is better than nothing"

Old 06-01-2015, 12:51 PM   #464
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Quote:
lol, well, you never know when you need that side table to place an anvil on from your toolbox right?

No I just figure that perhaps the stated higher rating means it may (stress "may") prove to be less flimsy (relatively speaking)...the Ozark WM offering and the seemingly identical one made by "Magellan" at academy I peaked at as well, but it is the same thing, probably made in the same factory I suspect.

Notable also is that the Ozark is just a bit larger..at 21 inches square vs. 18 inches.

I picked up at academy a couple clip on side table drink holder thingies that can clip onto my lafumas - 9.99 a piece
The Ozark Trail also has 2 level settings. Plenty strong enough for your beverage and snack of choice. Anvils, not so much.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:53 PM   #465
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama

Name:   ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1433184827.930736.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  126.0 KB

Old 06-01-2015, 01:25 PM   #466
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
And she has been skeptical of my helinox one chair...but that thing is always so handy, and I have used it a TON lately for various situations...and I get it out...next thing you know SHE is sitting in it...I point this out and she has the audacity to say "well, I don't think its great but it is better than nothing"
There's only one right answer to that one. "Yes, dear, you're absolutely right."

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:33 PM   #467
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I give in, let her sit in my chair that she just busts my chops about a bunch...but I belly ache a bit about it before shutting up and letting her enjoy my "undesirable chair".

I am nearly to the point to where I would buy "myself" another one, so I can have one and she can use "my 2nd one".

But I stop cause in most cases one of us has to be not sitting and tending to children trying to choke on things, fall off high structures, ingest poisons, or drowned in water.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:57 PM   #468
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Children will do that to you. Thank heavens mine are now grown and more-or-less 'adults'

Yeah, I still have to watch and worry. Comes with the territory.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 06:06 PM   #469
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Besides fitting on lafumas - they fit on the helinox

Name:   ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1433290005.789823.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  97.0 KB

Old 06-19-2015, 08:01 PM   #470
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Findlay , OH
I've enjoyed this thread from the beginning and am now Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1434765647.957723.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	241119ready to offer a suggestion. After only a few minutes we knew REI's Hang Time Chair was perfect! Each costs $55. Accompanying it is a wood topped table for $65. The chairs offer comfort for me at 5'5" and for my husband at 6'1. One's body is in perfect position to comfortably hold a book or even take a snooze. Happy, happy, happy with our new acquisition! I encourage you to give them consideration if you are ready for a positive change in leisure time seating.

Allyson

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1434765531.741597.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	241118

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
PurdueMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:48 PM   #471
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Those look interesting!! Nice review!

Also - my alps side kick tables arrived in time for my current trip and I am loving them.

They are smaller than the Walmart offering but are perfect as a spot for a drink and a book or even a step stool if you are sub 200 lbs

I used them to prep my awning in place of using the zip Dee rod thing and they seem sturdy for me (155 lbs though)

Regardless of that though - they are very small when folded up - light - perfect addition for us!

Name:   ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1435027653.097522.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  123.7 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1435027677.878857.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  123.0 KB

Old 06-23-2015, 04:43 PM   #472
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Sneedville , Tennessee
Well, not quite a year later and my Walmart zero gravity chairs are beginning to fail. You can no longer lean back and lock them into place. The locks will immediately begin to unlock all on their own giving you a nasty surprise. The search resumes.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:45 PM   #473
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprez View Post
Well, not quite a year later and my Walmart zero gravity chairs are beginning to fail. You can no longer lean back and lock them into place. The locks will immediately begin to unlock all on their own giving you a nasty surprise. The search resumes.

Sorry to hear that!

Let us know what you go with moving forward.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:48 PM   #474
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
The zero gravity chairs are space hogs but we cannot live without them....period!

Old 06-24-2015, 06:28 AM   #475
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
I would recommend that you look at the Lafauma chairs and or an LL Bean one. I have two La Fauma one for three years an the other I bought last year. They have both held up great. The LL Bean did too, however, it grew legs and walked to my son's house.
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 11:45 AM   #476
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
North Salt Lake , Utah
Quote:
The zero gravity chairs are space hogs but we cannot live without them....period!

They are a bit cumbersome to transport, but if you store them vertically against the truck bed it really helps with the space hog issues. Nothing like them once you arrive at camp and are all set up. Well worth the slight hassle. 👍🏻
Old 07-17-2015, 12:49 AM   #477
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Fall City , Washington
Several years on and the Kermit chairs are still mint, working, and comfy. Get what you pay for, even if you have to cry a little up front.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:36 AM   #478
Rivet Master

2023 23' International
Macon , Georgia
Same experience here with the Kermits. Love them.
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:00 AM   #479
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara Me View Post
Several years on and the Kermit chairs are still mint, working, and comfy. Get what you pay for, even if you have to cry a little up front.
So, I'm thinking, "I better go check out this awesome chair..."

I cried a little and didn't even buy them. They look great, but, man! That price...

-Red, too tight for his own good...
Old 07-17-2015, 12:10 PM   #480
Rivet Master

2023 23' International
Macon , Georgia
The Kermits will last a lifetime, so cost per year is very low...
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote