Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Austin, TX and its Relationship with Airstreams

It always fun and interesting to see just how many Airstreams are all over Austin. There's something about the lifestyle in Austin that Airstreams seems to abound.

This evening we went to south Congress Ave. for dinner and stopped at Hey Cupcake for some desert. Thought I would share a couple photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cupcakes from Hey Cupcake in Austin.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	192393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hey Cupcake in Austin 1.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	256.0 KB
ID:	192394  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hey Cupcake in Austin 2.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	321.3 KB
ID:	192395  
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia

Wow! That's a cute trailer. We're headed to Austin in mid October and that's one place we'll check out. We love Austin - and the food trucks ( particularly the Airstream ones) are part of the charm of the city. Love that path by the river and our dogs love the dog park along the river too. Nice city.
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
austin , Texas
I was just thinking the same thing. I notice Airstreams all over town being used as food trucks. Just today I saw another one on South Lamar, and one on Bee Cave Rd outside Loop 360. Not to mention the nice one parked at the front of the one remaining RV park on Barton Springs Rd. I am a little concerned that the prices will be driven even higher by all the businesses who are scooping them up. Perhaps it was started by Matthew McConaughy, although I don't think he lived in an Airstream in Austin. Funny thing is, an Airstream is certainly not ideal in the Texas heat, and we have so many hail storms that they really should be kept under cover if parked in Austin long term.
Ntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenjude View Post
Wow! That's a cute trailer. We're headed to Austin in mid October and that's one place we'll check out. We love Austin - and the food trucks ( particularly the Airstream ones) are part of the charm of the city. Love that path by the river and our dogs love the dog park along the river too. Nice city.
It sounds like you've been to Austin before. If you have any questions or would like suggestions for places to see and activities to do let us know. There are so many great things to see and do that many of the locals know about and are unknown to visitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntex View Post
I was just thinking the same thing. I notice Airstreams all over town being used as food trucks. Just today I saw another one on South Lamar, and one on Bee Cave Rd outside Loop 360. Not to mention the nice one parked at the front of the one remaining RV park on Barton Springs Rd. I am a little concerned that the prices will be driven even higher by all the businesses who are scooping them up. Perhaps it was started by Matthew McConaughy, although I don't think he lived in an Airstream in Austin. Funny thing is, an Airstream is certainly not ideal in the Texas heat, and we have so many hail storms that they really should be kept under cover if parked in Austin long term.
Maybe we should make this thread all about Airstreams in Austin. Take photos of the Austin Airstreams and post them. I think I'll start doing that on this thread.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Frank.....Sell those Guys an awning.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank&Mike View Post

It sounds like you've been to Austin before. If you have any questions or would like suggestions for places to see and activities to do let us know. There are so many great things to see and do that many of the locals know about and are unknown to visitors.

Maybe we should make this thread all about Airstreams in Austin. Take photos of the Austin Airstreams and post them. I think I'll start doing that on this thread.
Fun idea. I will try to take some pics and post them too.
Ntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
Frank.....Sell those Guys an awning.
It's funny you say that ... because ... could you see how hard we were squinting our eyes in each of the photos?