Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-25-2021, 10:51 AM   #61
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Vashon , Washington
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1626.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	396171
dprvashon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 04:56 PM   #62
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Vadnais Heights , Minnesota
Damp floor in bedroom?

We have a 25’ fc fbt ...first camping trip along Lake Superior north shore had a considerable range of temperatures.
When we were cleaning up we discovered that the floor under the rug between the beds was totally damp/wet underneath .
After 5 nights of temps in mid to upper 30’s and days in the 50’s and 60’s we figured it may just be condensation but seemed like a lot of damp!
Furnace was set to 65-68 all five days.
Dehumidifier was running but was closer to back of trailer.

Was this wet on the floor from condensation? What could leak back there?Pump acted normal and didnt do any groaning as if it was trying to build up pressure from a leak.
Drove home in rain and no wet floor resulted .

What else should we check that could be wrong?
Could this really be just condensation?
Thanks!
Fipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 05:52 PM   #63
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Waco , Texas
We purchased a 2018 FC25FB Twin, and just love this Airstream. We got about 126 nights and 15,000 miles on numerous trips to 1000 Islands, Adirondacks and Maine. In fact we just got back from one month in Maine, arriving home just last night. We had enjoyed absolutely beautiful weather with only 20% campground sites being used. That will change with the peak season starting this Board on the Memorial day weekend.

Upgrades include:

480 watt Zamp roof top solar system
160 watt Zamp suitcase
Upgrade to (4) AGM batteries
Battery disconnect switch
Easy Start on the Dometic AC
Dinosaur Board for Dometic Water Heater

So far we have had only the typical minor maintenance issues with our trailer.

1. Replaced the water heater mixing valve, and keeping the original as backup

2. Replaced the Dometic Toilet valve

Fipp: I think that water you see under the carpet between beds is water from a slow leak in your Dometic flush valve. Over time from normal use or even driving on some rough roads, these plastic valves often develop hairline cracks and then slowly leak water into that carpet area. You can buy them for the Dometic 300 or 310 at any RV store or from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SNJPV0...BNMG54BVF22MXB

I always carry an extra valve as backup, and it takes only 10 mins to install. See Utube for installation instructions.
Martee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 07:52 PM   #64
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Thanks Martee....I see the valve location and looked at some utubes. Seems pretty straight forward to replace and a good idea to carry an extra valve.
However, I would think we would see some water or dampness around the valve and on the bathroom floor as well...and it’s all dry as a bone .
Maybe I need to follow some lines on the passenger side where the hot water tank and pipes are to check for leaks...I am only guessing because I know nothing about it! Haha
Old 05-29-2021, 01:10 AM   #65
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipp View Post
When we were cleaning up we discovered that the floor under the rug between the beds was totally damp/wet underneath. Was this wet on the floor from condensation? What could leak back there?

What else should we check that could be wrong?
Could this really be just condensation?
Thanks!
Condensation would first be noticeable on the walls, and around the windows. We've never had a leak at the toilet. Two things come to mind that we did run into.

1. On ours they did a poor job of caulking the sill for the shower door, causing water to leak out of either end. it would flow down to the floor and from there could soak under the rug in front of the shower, or possibly the rug between the beds. Caulking both ends of the sill fixed that problem.

2. Our water pump sprung a leak, which dripped onto the floor and then flowed under the shower and completely soaked the rug between the beds. Replacing the water pump fixed that problem.
Old 05-29-2021, 03:52 AM   #66
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2005 30' Classic
Keswick , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipp View Post
Thanks Martee....I see the valve location and looked at some utubes. Seems pretty straight forward to replace and a good idea to carry an extra valve.
However, I would think we would see some water or dampness around the valve and on the bathroom floor as well...and it’s all dry as a bone .
Maybe I need to follow some lines on the passenger side where the hot water tank and pipes are to check for leaks...I am only guessing because I know nothing about it! Haha
Hi Flipp,

1. Propane heat puts a lot of moisture in the air, especially when the windows remain closed. Usually you will see condensation on the walls and windows first. Also two people breathing in a closed environment leads to humidity. Dehumidifier helps. Open it up when you can and let it breathe. Bringing rain gear inside to dry adds to the problem. We put three Command hangers in the shower, put our wet raincoats in there and turn on the fan.
2. If the water pump cycles on periodically for just a second, there is a drip somewhere: maybe near the pump or the plastic filter in front of it; the toilet valve; under one of the sinks (I keep a plastic plate under the kitchen U-trap so I can readily spot a drip). I haven't found these leaks to run to the bedroom.
3. I got water in that same area recently and finally figured it came from spray-washing the trailer including washing the vented, outside compartment behind the refrigerator. It was filthy and I sprayed directly into it.
4. Possible leak behind the outside shower connection. You can see that from the inside by opening the bottom door under the closet, stand on your head with your feet on the ceiling 😊 Or remove four screws that hold the outside shower in place, removing it and looking inside.

All the best,
Greg
Charlottesville, Virginia
gregwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:54 PM   #67
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
SeaLevel & Greg....thanks for all your ideas and thoughts on this! Excellent information
We will definitely use this info to watch what may be happening . So far it seems the condensation generation may be the culprit. With the furnace running and two of us inside more than we planned due to weather and wet rain gear as well ...we did see condensation on windows and kept that wiped up. I suppose the floor could have gotten damp as well. While home for a few weeks now we will run a lot of water and see what else may show itself . Thanks again
Old 05-30-2021, 11:26 PM   #68
2 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Here’s a new subject ....just got the latest cell signal booster by WeBoost. The “WeBoost Drive Reach Rv Cell Signal Booster”.
I was thinking of connecting the outside antenna cable to the outside satellite connector on the Airstream. The antenna impedance is 50 ohms. The antenna cable connector is SMB jack ( not SMA like previous booster models)

Questions I’m thinking of are:

1. Can I use the satellite connection ? What Ohms is it and is it compatible to the antenna cable that’s 50 ohms?

2. What kind of adapter size and type do I need to connect to the smb type end on the cable ?

3. Where does the satellite cable end reside inside the trailer? I’m thinking by the blu ray player cord mess maybe?

4. This would not be a permanent install but rather a quick set up when needed upon arrival ....so to mount the antenna mast I have a suction cup mount from techno rv. Has anyone used this on the outside skin or on a window? Any concerns of damaging surfaces?

Would love to hear anyones process to set up the booster especially running the outside antenna cable into the the trailer either via the satellite hookup or any other way without drilling any holes in the trailer!
If satellite Hookup doesn’t work then considering going through front compartment and under curbside bed up through the hole in the platform .
Needs a lot more thought....ideas?
Old 05-31-2021, 07:19 AM   #69
4 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Full-time , Traveler
I have a Connect RV 65 and use the satellite connection. I permanently mounted the equipment in the overhead above the dinette.

Not sure if yours will fit the SAT connection, but if it doesn’t you can remove the cable/sat port and there is room to drill a hole and add an addition connection. I added a CAT5 connection to mine. Used it only a couple times, but it was a cheap modification and is very useful when you need it.
Jeff7176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 06:18 AM   #70
1 Rivet Member

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Southold , New York
25FB Forum

I see that this thread hasn't been very active lately but I thought I'd jump in anyway. We just purchased our new to us 2021 FC 25 FBQ with hatch. Looking forward to our first trip this spring.
Already contemplating some upgrades:
- 3" lift
- Lithium batteries
- Convert Honda EU2200 generator to propane

I constantly read the forums for ideas and guidance. Thank you all.

Keith
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2093.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	298.4 KB
ID:	410502  
CamperKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 08:48 AM   #71
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
West Lake Hills , Texas
Keith - Welcome to the forum and the world of upgrades.

I highly recommend the lift. Also contemplating the lithium upgrade.
Fungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 12:40 PM   #72
Rivet Master

2022 25' International
Savage , Minnesota
25FB Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperKC View Post
I see that this thread hasn't been very active lately but I thought I'd jump in anyway. We just purchased our new to us 2021 FC 25 FBQ with hatch. Looking forward to our first trip this spring.
Already contemplating some upgrades:
- 3" lift
- Lithium batteries
- Convert Honda EU2200 generator to propane

I constantly read the forums for ideas and guidance. Thank you all.

Keith

We picked up our ‘22 Int’l 25 FBT with Hatch in October. I will upgrade to Lithium at some point. I do have factory solar, two 90w panels, and plan to add a third 90w at some point, for a total of 270w on the roof. I also acquired a 180w suitcase, so for now have 360w capacity, and with an additional 90w at some point “soon”, will have 450w.

Speaking for myself only, I don’t think a 3” lift on a 25’ trailer is necessary. I did have a few times on my previous 34’ where it would have been nice, I did and do boondock, but don’t think it’s necessary on a 25’. Plus, I don’t particularly like the look, or what it does to the aerodynamics.

As for converting your Honda EU2200 generator to propane, I have not considered or researched that yet, but that also might interest me at some point in the future.

Name:	IMG_0867.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	550.6 KB
ID:	410511

'64 Safari Resoration Blog ("May"):
https://ts8501.blogspot.com/

TAC MN-6
WBCCI/VAC 11736
AIR 25979
ts8501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 01:57 PM   #73
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Welcome, Keith
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 06:06 AM   #74
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2005 30' Classic
Keswick , Virginia
Welcome Keith. You are going to love your new Airstream and have a great time. Love the hatch! Wishing you safe and happy travels.
Charlottesville, Virginia
gregwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 08:43 AM   #75
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungus View Post
Keith - Welcome to the forum and the world of upgrades.

I highly recommend the lift. Also contemplating the lithium upgrade.
We installed the 3" lift kit on our 25' Safari a couple of years ago. I highly recommend it too. We'd occasionally drag the tail end and back roads are less of a worry. There has been no change in handling or mileage due to aerodynamics.
Steve
SandKSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 02:23 PM   #76
Furthur

2021 25' Flying Cloud
2015 22' FB Sport
Golden , Colorado
Welcome, Keith. Yes, the Forum is a treasure trove of ideas, which have greatly added to our knowledge of our Airstream but have also cost us a good deal of money over the years! We added the lift to our 2021 FC 25 FBT and definitely love it. We also went to lithium, with three Battle Borns in the front storage compartment, along with 360w of solar on the roof, and all have functioned extremely well. We keep contemplating various ideas on how to improve the table/lounge area, but haven't changed anything there at this point. Happy travels!
WP53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 07:11 PM   #77
1 Rivet Member

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Southold , New York
Thanks WP, can you tell me which axles are on your Airstream (#10, #11). Ours is in storage right now but I want to make sure I order the correct kit.
Old 02-05-2022, 06:33 PM   #78
Furthur

2021 25' Flying Cloud
2015 22' FB Sport
Golden , Colorado
Sorry, but I had them installed by the dealer as part of the purchase. I am not sure which axle is the correct one, my trailer is also in storage, and I am out of town on a ski trip right now. If someone else doesn't provide an answer, I will check when I am back in town and able to go to where it is stored.
WP53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 09:23 PM   #79
Rivet Master

2017 25' International
West Lake Hills , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamperKC View Post
Thanks WP, can you tell me which axles are on your Airstream (#10, #11). Ours is in storage right now but I want to make sure I order the correct kit.
Crawl under the trailer.
Look for the label on the axle.
Take a photo.
Contact Dexter for the full specs re axle. They sent me a PDF with much info on it. And confirmed the size.
Fungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 07:28 AM   #80
1 Rivet Member

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Southold , New York
Thanks Fungus, I'll do that when I can.