Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #601
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMore View Post
you can claim a heritage to the Roamin' culture
Or more succinctly, Kaiser rolls.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #602
3 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Cream Ridge , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Miss Piggy only really works if you've got a green tow vehicle named Kermit. After all, Miss Piggy is a porker, and Airstreams are too sleek for that. Just my personal opinion… pay it no mind.

The longer ones are sleek but the shorter ones, not so much. Ours is a 20' FC. I was thinking of a curly tail mounted above the rear window and a full size front view vinyl decal of "Miss Piggy" on the front window rock guard--------------------------------------------------------------or not.
Joe Palmieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #603
3 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Cream Ridge , New Jersey
Quote:
Since I still haven't found a name for my Interstate, I'm tossing out some of the ones I've considered, to get a reality check on them:

"Kaiser" - While the interior is all Airstream, the exterior is all Mercedes, and it came off the assembly line in Duseldorf according to the VIN. So, something German seemed appropriate, and the name is masculine enough to suit a mobile man-cave. The name comes across as too pretentious, but that might be okay because as a solo traveler my Interstate is full of my self, and being full of myself is what pretentiousness is all about.

"Breadbox" - It does vaguely resemble one, and as RVs go, it's no bigger than a breadbox, unlike the big Class A shoeboxes that are way bigger than a shoebox. I like this one for its irreverence; an RV can't take itself too seriously or it will start to get uppity. Plus, buying it took an awful lot of bread.

"Plan B" - After Hurricane Katrina, when I was homeless for weeks on end, I realized I needed a plan B. Five years later, I got one, in the form of my Interstate. Now if I evacuate and come back to find my home destroyed, I can stay in my Interstate until I can find a new place. Plus, it's a B-van, so the name fits that way, too. (Side note, anyone who watches action/adventure movies knows that Plan A never works, so I never even have one. It saves a lot of time if you formulate plan A, then throw it away untried and go straight to Plan B.)

I'm kind of leaning toward the last name because it has a story attached to it, but the first two both flow more easily in conversation: "I'm taking the Kaiser to Lake Enid next month," or "The Breadbox needs to be cleaned up before my next trip." Compared to "Plan B is in the shop for repairs."

I saw an Interstate the other day in a parking lot and the one thing that popped into my head was that it most closely resembled one of the shuttle craft form the starship "Enterprise". Maybe you can work with that.
Joe Palmieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #604
4 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Victoria , BC
When we towed with a white Suburban named "Eva", the Airstream was named "Walle". A little double play on words; but lately my good wife wants to rename Walle to something else... female even.

I haven't asked Walle what he thinks but he might need a sex change in the near future.

-evan
eheffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #605

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by eheffa View Post
When we towed with a white Suburban named "Eva", the Airstream was named "Walle". A little double play on words; but lately my good wife wants to rename Walle to something else... female even.

I haven't asked Walle what he thinks but he might need a sex change in the near future.

-evan
I suppose if you were an avid fisherman, it could have been "Walleye." Sorry, couldn't resist.

But that aside, why does the diea of a trailer gender change suddenly reminf me of Tim Allen's classic "Man Things/Woman Things" stand-up routine?
Old 08-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #606
2 Rivet Member

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Renaming our trailer 6 years later

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul k View Post
this will be fun,

what are the nicknames for all of your trailers
mine is the twinkie, i had a friend that works in a sign shop make me a sticker for the back window with the same color and style lettering as the airstream logo on the back it looks pretty good might be able to get a few more made if anyones interested.
After having our trailer for 6.5 yrs, we found that the name that we had initially given it did not really express how we felt. We were recently asked what was our trailer's name. We both agreed that it should be renamed "Dim Sum", translated means "touch the heart", which it has done. Its shape reminds us of delicious pot stickers, which make for a tasty camping meal.

Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #607
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I brought my trailer to work today so when I leave I can go straight to the campground...
The name "Baked Potato" has stuck pretty good.
One coworker says to another, "You know what you oughta do? You oughta order a couple a thousand pounds of sour cream and a couple of thousand pounds of bacon bits. Then you should put it in Michael's trailer. Then you should tell him now he has a Loaded Baked Potato."
It is already "loaded" with clothes, groceries, toiletries, etc.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #608
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Tin Mansion

After using our 25' Safari for the last few years, I told my sisters staying in the 34' Excella felt like living in a tin mansion. The name has stuck. The Safari still has no name.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:20 AM   #609
2 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Rolleston , Canterbury
Little Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul k View Post
this will be fun,

what are the nicknames for all of your trailers
mine is the twinkie, i had a friend that works in a sign shop make me a sticker for the back window with the same color and style lettering as the airstream logo on the back it looks pretty good might be able to get a few more made if anyones interested.
Fun indeed.

Ours is called Lil' Al, coz he's a wee 16 footer (small by Airstream standards) and made of aluminium. Tow car is a Ford Territory (which won't mean much in the US but it's a large SUV by New Zealand standards) called Big Ted.
KiwiAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:24 AM   #610
2 Rivet Member

2006 16' International CCD
Rolleston , Canterbury
Quote:
Since I still haven't found a name for my Interstate, I'm tossing out some of the ones I've considered, to get a reality check on them:

"Kaiser" - While the interior is all Airstream, the exterior is all Mercedes, and it came off the assembly line in Duseldorf according to the VIN. So, something German seemed appropriate, and the name is masculine enough to suit a mobile man-cave. The name comes across as too pretentious, but that might be okay because as a solo traveler my Interstate is full of my self, and being full of myself is what pretentiousness is all about.

"Breadbox" - It does vaguely resemble one, and as RVs go, it's no bigger than a breadbox, unlike the big Class A shoeboxes that are way bigger than a shoebox. I like this one for its irreverence; an RV can't take itself too seriously or it will start to get uppity. Plus, buying it took an awful lot of bread.

"Plan B" - After Hurricane Katrina, when I was homeless for weeks on end, I realized I needed a plan B. Five years later, I got one, in the form of my Interstate. Now if I evacuate and come back to find my home destroyed, I can stay in my Interstate until I can find a new place. Plus, it's a B-van, so the name fits that way, too. (Side note, anyone who watches action/adventure movies knows that Plan A never works, so I never even have one. It saves a lot of time if you formulate plan A, then throw it away untried and go straight to Plan B.)

I'm kind of leaning toward the last name because it has a story attached to it, but the first two both flow more easily in conversation: "I'm taking the Kaiser to Lake Enid next month," or "The Breadbox needs to be cleaned up before my next trip." Compared to "Plan B is in the shop for repairs."
No wrong answer here but...Plan B can be truncated nicely to PB as is: 'PB needs a run out this weekend'. I think that works.
KiwiAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #611

2004 31' Classic
Currently Looking...
New Bern , North Carolina
Question More names

Our first, a 25 foot Trade Wind, was Marco Polo.
#2 an Excella was The Masked Marvel
#3 is still #3 until we find the right "M" name. It is a 31' Ltd.
Any suggestions?
Martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:08 AM   #612

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiAS View Post
No wrong answer here but...Plan B can be truncated nicely to PB as is: 'PB needs a run out this weekend'. I think that works.
I actually decided to go with Kaiser. And after a few false starts with names that didn't stick, my Honda Fit toad is named Mikado.

Pretentious of me to name them both with the title of "Emperor" I know, but I couldn't resist!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:12 AM   #613

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Our first, a 25 foot Trade Wind, was Marco Polo.
#2 an Excella was The Masked Marvel
#3 is still #3 until we find the right "M" name. It is a 31' Ltd.
Any suggestions?
An explorer, a superhero, and a…?

How about a mountain climber, Mallory?
Old 01-31-2014, 07:50 PM   #614
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Central , Florida
We have a female miniature longhair Dachshund named Viola, but one evening I called to her saying,"C'mon little Petunia." We decided to call the trailer the same name...

Petunia
Phil&Sher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:49 PM   #615
2 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Sacramento , California
Ours is Luna. She is round and shiny, like the moon, and in ancient alchemists' time, Luna was another word for silver. Profound, isn't it.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02796.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	395.4 KB
ID:	204738
jakes_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:24 PM   #616
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Buzz and Slinky Dog

As a Georgia Tech alumnus, when I found a white and gold (Ford calls it Arizona Beige but I know it is gold) F150 we named it Buzz after the team mascot. When the airstream came along we tried to think of things that go with Buzz. Toy Story and Buzz Lightyear came to mind so we thought of other characters in the movie. Slinky Dog seemed a perfect companion for Buzz. We can just see a slinky following Buzz down the road.
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:57 PM   #617
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Ours is just "Bambi" but we have contemplated and rejected:

Tiny Tin.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:40 AM   #618

2012 Interstate Coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len n Jeanne View Post
but we have contemplated and rejected:

Tiny Tin.
Just as well. "Tiptoe through the flamingoes" just doesn't sound right when played on the ukulele.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:43 AM   #619
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Central , Florida
Oops. I've been reminded that it's Lil Petunia

Phil&Sher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #620
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Quote:
Just as well. "Tiptoe through the flamingoes" just doesn't sound right when played on the ukulele.
Especially not up here in lumberjack country.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote