Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-12-2018, 09:31 AM   #41
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Naperville , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnorththree View Post
While some of your points may be worth mentioning, a 1500 (half-ton) rides like a Cadillac sedan while larger trucks ride like a truck. Not my cup of tea while on vacation.

Since you don't need a hammer to drive a tack my suggestion to the OP was merely based on getting the biggest bang for the buck. Cadillac ride, truck strength, enough torque for more than just Midwest flat lands, and the economy of a hybrid.

Granted, weather conditions play a very significant role in MPG, but my very best MPG recording with the family and payload (NOT towing), I39 at interstate speed, 30 MPG. No three-quarter or larger will get the OP those numbers. I regularly get 15 and 16 towing the TT.

It's just the whole package and not cherry-picking one issue. We looked at every point we would want for our millions of miles we dream of trailing. So far our first season has seen roughly 17,000 towing miles. Yep. Since March of 2017 to today we have traveled over 17,000 with our TT. We've hit 4,000 miles this run since last Thanksgiving.

If the smaller diesel gets the job done, I'll opt for style, comfort, and economy any day of the week.

Fortunately I don't need more than a half-ton and my post to the OP was there is no need to throw their money away on something they don't need.

I am not exaggerating on anything I've said here. Believe it or not. You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own facts.

With a payload over 750 lbs my 3500 HD rides smooth, close to the quality of my Sienna ride
1995 & 2004 Gary Fisher Hoo-Koo-e-Koo emergency vehicles
pt.reyesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:44 AM   #42
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
The OP posted this question 3.5 months ago and hasn't commented or posted since.

You guys are arguing amongst yourselves again...
Hi

.... and we're saying the same things over and over again

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote