Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2002, 09:25 PM   #1
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Help...re Paint GOOFUP

Somewhere last night I posted on a thread...and I can't find the thread now.
It was about paint damage by a hired painter...who was taping and painting a B.I.N. (lacquer-based) base paint...and he goofed BIG TIME. First he taped with MASKING tape, not the blue stuff and he obviously didn't know how to tape, because it doesn't cover well enough and of course is hard to remove (where the blue would have been easy.)

Then he splattered the B.I.N. all over stuff......and he's GONE! I'm trying to remove his mistakes...

Help? First I need to know what to use to remove the base paint from the Anodized Aluminum that looks like brass (the edges of cabinets and closets....

Anyone...
......Cat
Old 04-15-2002, 10:23 PM   #2
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Talking Locate your posts with ease...

To find the posts you have made, you can click on the profile button under any post you have made. On the top right of your profile is a link to view all the post you have made!

Here is a link directly to your posts:
Cat's posts...
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 10:27 PM   #3
Creampuff

2022 27' Flying Cloud
2016 25' International
Airstream - Other
Malibu , California
Lacquer based paint can be removed from metal surfaces safely with lacquer thinner on a rag.Soften it with a liberally soaked rag and then do a wipe-off with another with a little less solvent.As long as you don't use any kind of abrasive,it should not harm the anodizing.Do not do this in an unventilated area!
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 08:14 PM   #4
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Lacquer-based Paint Removal

Thank you Creampuff...and everyone else who's sent me tips on this subject. I do appreciate the help.

This weekend will be the BIG DAY of rmoving this stuff...
Thanks to you guys...I feel confident on total success...(BTW he (the painter who caused all the damage)still hasn't bothered to contact me.)

.....Cat