Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Hitches, Couplers & Balls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-16-2016, 01:20 PM   #61
2 Rivet Member

2002 25' Classic
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie View Post
How does this "spreadsheet" work when you are traveling down the non "dead flat" surface at 60-75mph? Where is that place on the road where the TV and coach are perfectly level?
I believe this is one of those places that "it works on paper" but in the "real world" the data won't match up.
And how do you prove your theory while the rig is moving?
How do you say to the authorities. "But officer, my spreadsheet says this can't happen" or "should not have happened"
Just sayin'

Not using it for trailer in motion- just using it to get a good estimate of what my axles would weigh at a scale, while stopped and level. For me, that scale is too far away and my driveway is too hard to get in and out of. If I can get the spreadsheet to come close to actual scale weights, then I am using it.

I am leaving this thread with this post, as I arrived at the answer I needed. I thought I worded my OP well enough so it didn't stretch out for 5 pages and I'm sorry that happened.
clamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:52 AM   #62
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Silver Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie View Post
Clamb;
You have way too much time on your hands. IMHO
In almost all trailer design the distance from the axles to the hitch is greater than the distance from the axles to the rear bumper. Because of this the pivot point (fulcrum)
will always be on or near the front axle. IMHO
I'm going fishing now.
Agree
gordyfj49 is offline   Reply With Quote