Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches > Hitches, Couplers & Balls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-16-2006, 10:08 PM   #21
_

. , .
hi mookie

i agree with pieman, the bar orientation doesn't look right.

having just removed and completely redone my haha....i can think of several possible issues but that's why i'll wait for better pictures....i still can't make out the fine details....from that shot, and i don't want to just guess.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:45 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Lafayette , California
In reply to pieman's and uwe's concern about tensioned Hensley spring bars not being parallel with the trailer tongue, I do not share their view.

Unhitched, our Hensley's bars are parallel to the trailer tongue when they hold the hitch and stinger level. After hooking up, it is most unlikely that the bars and trailer tongue can remain parallel when the bars are properly tensioned and the hitch and stinger are level or pointing slightly downward.

I have checked in my Henley manual and it says nothing about having the tensioned bars and trailer tongue parallel. As an aside, a new tow vehicle with a slightly larger receiver hole has resulted in our Hensly's stinger pointing a little more down than before.
Tim A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 05:11 PM   #23
Oxblood

2003 34' Classic
Austin , Texas
We've used a Hensley for 3 years and it is the best investment we've ever made!! Mine looks crazy - forget how it looks. Does the ride feel right. You can feel how the weight distribution on the rear bumper is. Just like the manual says . I would like to go to a rally and have Hensley check it out. But overall I'm happy. I am concerned with the fact that tires are crap!! Yes including Goodyear Marathon's. I think I drive too fast 70-75 mph plus it is so hot in Texas. I'm going to slow down to 65.
oxblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 05:43 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

Exeter , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxblood
I am concerned with the fact that tires are crap!! Yes including Goodyear Marathon's. I think I drive too fast 70-75 mph plus it is so hot in Texas. I'm going to slow down to 65.
Most trailer tires, including GoodYear Marathons, have a speed rating of 65 MPH.
Rob30044 is offline   Reply With Quote